• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ANDREI01 GEN CLASP MOD My new glidelock clasp modded to look identical to gen pictoral

Smoke

Legendary Member
18/3/13
Nice 1 .to the people reading this wondering what marble clicking sound and feel is.let me explain on the gen bracletts when you hold the watch and move the braclett around and each link hits each other the sound it similar to the sound and feel you will get if you have 2 glass marbles and bang them together.the v6s braclett sounds like plastic when the links hit each other due to the play in the links.the v7 braclett has the gen feel and sound because the links are much tighter.but the v7 braclett is not gen spec and looks terrible

ginopino

I'm Pretty Popular
7/11/16
Every one should have this mod on there clasp and braclett if they are really into making the rep or Franken looks and feel gen

I agree with you. I have many photos of the work of our friend andrei01 and I'm really impressed. Can't wait to have it here and evaluate with my eyes and hands :)

Spatiumtemporis

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
7/8/16
Just finished ilovethiscity 's clasp .

Before:

m4RELxV.jpg

isQP0X0.jpg

After:

TQwmjUE.jpg

EfiblAc.jpg

9UVp1OG.jpg

uqmL9iD.jpg

7yBYfz4.jpg

xtkPUkX.jpg

I've also widen the groove where you put the finger to open the fliplock and straighten the crooked edge circled with red.

Hope you like it !

rocky123

Horology Curious
25/9/10
Incredible job! Looks perfect!

Bad bracelets or clasps ruins many reps, I always try to fix and oil them, but your work is something else, just awesome

Reactions: Spatiumtemporis

Spatiumtemporis

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
7/8/16
andrei01 great work! Quick question, how do you fix the gap in the clasp? The before pic shows a big gap to the right hand side between the clasp and case?

smoke thanks for sharing the mod andrei01 completed! I would have never known!

I didn't fix that. The gap is still there but you can slightly bend one side of the fliplock and reduce it but of course you'll end up with a crooked side. I guess it was just the angle that was hiding the gap in the after pics.

Reactions: Bigred7078

Spatiumtemporis

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
7/8/16
androme 's bracelet :

before:

JPpoML0.jpg

wbRt2wG.jpg

after:

kiZfe4H.jpg

wGYZVO4.jpg

RLvPJ3l.jpg

qkIQvny.jpg

RAr4bEX.jpg

Modded the clasp, greased, brushed, softened and polished the bracelet .
I've also grinded the finger groove to make it wider and symmetric.
Enjoy the bracelet !

Reactions: androme

androme

Tímêlëšš
Supporter
Certified
21/8/17
Brexit
Absolute legend, thanks andrei01 doing God's work, also thanks smoke for bringing this to my attention.

Guys, go get this guy to mod all your rollie bracelets!

Last edited:
Reactions: Spatiumtemporis

Smoke

Legendary Member
18/3/13
Some of the best brushing I've seen. The gen brush is super thick and noticeable. The rep brush is always super fine and barley visable when you turn the braclett into the light.this looks good .I've seen lots of others saying they do gen like brushing but none had this thick brush

ginopino

I'm Pretty Popular
7/11/16
Some of the best brushing I've seen. The gen brush is super thick and noticeable. The rep brush is always super fine and barley visable when you turn the braclett into the light.this looks good .I've seen lots of others saying they do gen like brushing but none had this thick brush

Our friends andrei01 has good hands, technique and he use correct brushing pads/wheels :) and it's not something to be underestimated

Last edited:

Hinclimincli

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
18/12/09
Polishing is the devil lol.its all about keeping the original lines.i can understand if you buy a noob v7 sub and the brush ing is wrong across the lugs like I've seen lately then a pro rebrushing is ok.but if you get dings scrapes and scratches you should leave them imo

This. Especially on tool watches like a Sub, I find the piece has way more appeal when it has some dings from normal use. Cleaning some of the most obvious desk dives sometimes I do, but the big hits are like scars, they add history to the watch!

Really good job on this andrei01 by the way, I remember reading your thread when you posted the method and I must take my hat off, especially for two things:

1. The incredible amount of research, trial and error and proper development you did. Some people come up with a well finished process and think they can reproduce it, but it's not that easy if you haven't developed it properly like you did. These examples in this thread prove you have a real method to follow.

2. You made it public since day one. I can't stress how important is this to me, and this forum. We have seen plenty of examples of people with magic formulas that keep to themselves, and to me it's not what this community is about. And you not only shared it but also proved that you can still offer that service, which demonstrates that making it public doesn't mean everybody will steal your business. All the contrary, it enriches the community and now other people that were investigating how to improve the bracelets can work using your info too. Who knows what might come next.

​​​​​​​Great respect for a great contribution andrei01!