• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ANDREI01 GEN CLASP MOD My new glidelock clasp modded to look identical to gen pictoral

Smoke

Legendary Member
18/3/13
So recently I had just finished my genstein build that consists of
gen case
gen braclett
gen bezel assembly
gen insert
Gen click
gen springs
gen xtal c12 c1
gen hands
gen dial
gen crown
gen tube all ready in gen case
Gen case back
gen date disc
The glidelock clasp was the only part not gen on the build.
this was a way to save nearly a grand and I knew the v6s gene va clasp was 99 percent gen looking and feel even.even some gen clasps have gene va flaw.so imo noob used a gen gene va flaw clasp to replicate

the gen clasp is rounded like a pebble.all corners have very obvious rounded bevel sides.the flip lock has a beveled gap that should be pretty wide.the v6s clasp has all these characteristics but they are muted.in other words not as obvious as a gen clasp.the noob v7 v8 or any other rep clasp that I've seen has no bevel or roundness.they are square from every angle.the flip lock gap has a tight hard line.all corners square
the clasp is something nobody speaks about.im not sure why because this clasp mod is as much of a must as a gen xtal.

anyway as you guys may remember the clasp has a backed out screw that locked up the glidelock.so I sent it to andrei01 to remove the back out screw and use tbreadlock to avoid it happening again.so I thought now was the time to get him to do his mod and shape work on the clasp.

so here is a before pic of the v6s clasp as you can see it has some bevel and roundness but not as much as gen.

TmNk8YL.jpg
before pic

now these are the finished product.he could of brushed it for me but I like my scratches I'm not the type to polish gens or reps

anyway look at this
QlIK82V.jpg

DcuVsva.jpg

t6WYjEu.jpg

My4PxhJ.jpg

CgtlBYF.jpg

aVKzPgY.jpg

impressive work I would rate as 10 out of 10

here is a noob v7 stock clasp so you can really see the difference
nbpUE5C.jpg

lastly a gen clasp for Terrance
oz6RjEA.jpg
gen
6Rtegka.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: ILuvTheCLock

fradic

Renowned Member
16/9/11
Looks good, the rounded cutout (where you put fingernail to open) looks not symetrical at all. Looks like a Nike symbol. But otherwise it is nice.

Spatiumtemporis

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
7/8/16
So glad you like it smoke . Thanks a lot for mentioning me here. To get compliments from one of the most sharp-eyed and knowledged members around here really means something to me.

The Gene va V6s clasp is indeed the best clasp out there, miles away from noob v7 or v8 ones indeed. Very well built with small tolerances and a high overall quality and feel. The sliding grooves of the glidelock for example were more flat thus resulting in a better glide lock slide than what v7 has.

Tbh a lot of details were already addresed by the factory and as you said i just rouded the corners a bit more and buffed the sides until the looks was satisfactory. The back ends of the fliplock were the most sharp and really had to grind a bit to get the desired look. Compared to the the work i have to put in for a sharp edged v7 clasp i found this to be a rather easy job :) .

As i said the clasp looked really good ootb and frankly i was a bit confused when first seeing it :)

Reactions: phdsjain

Smoke

Legendary Member
18/3/13
Classy, criticising somebody's pride and joy.

Good job andrei01 :clap_1:

Lol he was trying to criticise something that don't exist.thats called jealously ha ha.the clasp is amazing.ps it's not my pride an joy though ha ha :)now a gen hulk will be my pride and joy for watches

Last edited:

Parabuteo

Patron, Salt and Lime
7/9/12
Lol he was trying to criticise something that don't exist.thats called jealously ha ha.the clasp is amazing.ps it's not my prude an joy though ha ha :)now a gen hulk will be my pride and joy for watches

It existed- but only in his mind. Because he doesn’t quite get camera/object angles.

andrei01 nice...delicate work.

Smoke

Legendary Member
18/3/13
Polishing is the devil lol.its all about keeping the original lines.i can understand if you buy a noob v7 sub and the brush ing is wrong across the lugs like I've seen lately then a pro rebrushing is ok.but if you get dings scrapes and scratches you should leave them imo

Last edited:
Reactions: Spatiumtemporis

Spatiumtemporis

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
7/8/16
Polishing is the devil lol.its all about keeping the original lines.i can understand if you buy a noob v7 sub and the brush ing is wrong across the lugs like I've seen lately then a pro rebrushing is ok.but if you get dings scrapes and scratches you should leave them imo

People often buff and brush using big wheels which are more aggresive and less precise for obvious reasons.

I use only small jewelry buffing and brushing pads. This way i manage to cut just slightly into the matal maintaining the original lines and shape. And allowing me to have greater control over what i'm doing.

You go much faster through buffing wheels this way but it's worth it.

I also hate rounded surfaces that should have been flat.

Sent from the RWI App

thinwhiteduke

I'm Pretty Popular
21/2/16
Great piece of work, andrei01 !
Now, smoke , everybody will be digging out from their garbage bins the much maligned v6s GENE VA clasp after this review!

ginopino

I'm Pretty Popular
7/11/16
simply WOW! I'm impressed... I would like to do the same thing to my JF Explorer clasp!

Spatiumtemporis

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
7/8/16
Just finished ginopino 's bracelet. Hope you don't mind me sharing this hare mate smoke .

ai9lA9M.jpg

FmSS6s7.jpg

aalI0I0.jpg

3qw1Nmd.jpg

TlygnbL.jpg

1z9M78K.jpg

Here is what i did:

- smoothen bracelet's sharp edges
- full re-brush including claps
- applied CS grease for gen-like marble clicking feel
- rounded the claps's edges
- fixed the link extension