• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

PPM Platinum Plating Mod Noob Ceramic Insert Sub

Smpfan

Renowned Member
18/9/11
Hmmm...I appreciate your effort and your work.

But there is something to improve I think. I don’t know many details of sputtering process but I‘m sure after sputtering not only the engravings are coated. But the area around the engravings, too. So you‘re polishing the bezel after sputtering to remove the residues? I guess you’re using diamond polish. And you‘re rounding the edges of the engravings with diamond paste.

Here is room for improvement. On your macros you can clearly see micro scratches in the ceramic surface. And some rounded edges are not really evenly polished. Especially this Deepsea insert is showing this.

Otherwise great work until here.

Greets Andi

ussdassein

USD Plating
Supporting Vendor
19/2/16
Hmmm...I appreciate your effort and your work.

But there is something to improve I think. I don’t know many details of sputtering process but I‘m sure after sputtering not only the engravings are coated. But the area around the engravings, too. So you‘re polishing the bezel after sputtering to remove the residues? I guess you’re using diamond polish. And you‘re rounding the edges of the engravings with diamond paste.

Here is room for improvement. On your macros you can clearly see micro scratches in the ceramic surface. And some rounded edges are not really evenly polished. Especially this Deepsea insert is showing this.

Otherwise great work until here.

Greets Andi

Thx i try to get better and better learning by doing

Usernametaken

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
31/5/18
Can you do anything with arf datejust fluted bezel? I think it’s “white gold” plated

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

ussdassein

USD Plating
Supporting Vendor
19/2/16
Rep vs gen :)

V10HX6.jpg

V10Xx0.jpg

V10mir.jpg

V104ZF.jpg

V1MDXo.jpg

V10AJI.jpg

V1MpFe.jpg

V1MuxL.jpg

V1MKuK.jpg

V1MvJT.jpg

V1M1XA.jpg

V1MQ2Q.jpg

V1Mcuf.jpg

V1MnFX.jpg

V1MeQp.jpg

V1Msts.jpg

V1M92h.jpg

V1Mo6D.jpg

V1MfSU.jpg

V1MNQ8.jpg

TB12

You're Saying I Can Sell?
6/3/18
Hey Guys,
I just wanted to let you know, that i've tried @ussdassein platinum plating mod for my 114060 and its as good as it gets. I have no experience with spongebobs mods, but for all you guys in the EU, especially in Germany just go for it. I couldnt look at this sad and pale bezel anymore, so I've decided to go with ussdassein. Its a smooth process from the beginning to the end. He's very conscious of our needs and will provide "QC" pictures as well as tracking as soon as he's finished. His pricing is absolutely fair and is worth every penny/cent :p. I will try to upload some before / after pictures.
Thanks again ussdassein - I love it!

Steviemcg

Horology Curious
18/4/19
My first replica watch. Ordered at Easter from BK of this forum. It's a Noob V9, with BK's mods and improvements, plus a Clark crystal which is lower than the Noob.

I contacted Steve in Germany and decided I wanted him to do his edges and sputer-coating modification as the colouring on the numbers were quite creamy coloured and the most obvious thing to me that my watch was a replica.

As as soon as it was returned, I immediately thought the numbers now look metallic and more convincing. I don't have a genuine watch to compare it with, but previously when looking at a two tone gold watch in Dubai duty free, I was conscious that my colouring was a flat cream colour and not very convincing.

BEFORE

I am no photographer and images were taken in natural light with my iPhone. Before images taken in July, After images in October which probably makes a difference here in Ireland.

I would be keen to hear if others can see a difference, but as for the real thing, you have to see it in the flesh to appreciate the difference. I can't recommend it high enough.

AFTER

Now, the story doesn't finish there. I have no connection whatsoever to Steve, but I am now his biggest fan and hope his work graces many many more watches in the future. I don't know anyone who can work on watches, so informed Steve of a major problem I'd had with my watch from day one and asked if he could help. The glidelock on my bracelet was slipping to full extension every time I tried to use the watch. BK had informed me that this was the weakest part of a replica watch and it appeared my only option was to adjust the bracelet and leave the glidelock fully extended.

Steve tried several fixes but concluded the bracelet was twisted and the only option was a replacement. He offered to replace mine with a second hand piece he had and would keep my broken one as payment. Correct....... NO CHARGE!

I am amazed at his skill and generosity. I did of course PayPal Steve a 'gift' for his wonderful gesture.

mrsullivan

Replicaddict
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
18/8/19
EU
I have my FF Hulk + my ARF SD43 V2 getting plated at Steve's right now, I should get them back in about 2 weeks.
I can't wait to see the results, I'll post a review asap.

Envoyé de mon ELE-L29 en utilisant Tapatalk

Aqq007

Known Member
Patron
Certified
9/7/19
UK
I also have an ARF hulk insert being worked on by Steve too! Will post pics too

ussdassein

USD Plating
Supporting Vendor
19/2/16
My first replica watch. Ordered at Easter from BK of this forum. It's a Noob V9, with BK's mods and improvements, plus a Clark crystal which is lower than the Noob.

I contacted Steve in Germany and decided I wanted him to do his edges and sputer-coating modification as the colouring on the numbers were quite creamy coloured and the most obvious thing to me that my watch was a replica.

As as soon as it was returned, I immediately thought the numbers now look metallic and more convincing. I don't have a genuine watch to compare it with, but previously when looking at a two tone gold watch in Dubai duty free, I was conscious that my colouring was a flat cream colour and not very convincing.

BEFORE

I am no photographer and images were taken in natural light with my iPhone. Before images taken in July, After images in October which probably makes a difference here in Ireland.

I would be keen to hear if others can see a difference, but as for the real thing, you have to see it in the flesh to appreciate the difference. I can't recommend it high enough.

AFTER

Now, the story doesn't finish there. I have no connection whatsoever to Steve, but I am now his biggest fan and hope his work graces many many more watches in the future. I don't know anyone who can work on watches, so informed Steve of a major problem I'd had with my watch from day one and asked if he could help. The glidelock on my bracelet was slipping to full extension every time I tried to use the watch. BK had informed me that this was the weakest part of a replica watch and it appeared my only option was to adjust the bracelet and leave the glidelock fully extended.

Steve tried several fixes but concluded the bracelet was twisted and the only option was a replacement. He offered to replace mine with a second hand piece he had and would keep my broken one as payment. Correct....... NO CHARGE!

I am amazed at his skill and generosity. I did of course PayPal Steve a 'gift' for his wonderful gesture.

Many many thanks happy you like it :)