• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

16610 JF No-Rehaut Franken Project

bora12

4/10/17
Hi all,

I've just recently completed a small franken project and wanted to share the results. Sorry I am not a great photographer and I didn't dust off the watch in advance of this, but hopefully you all can see the quality of the new JF 16610.

I have had a BK 116610 SubC in the past and I didn't love it as much as I thought I would. The bezel definitely needed a change and as a newbie to the rep world I didn't want to shell out the money for a gen bezel for a watch I didn't really love. I've bought a number of reps since then and a gen 2531.80 omega bond watch, and really took a liking to the aluminum inserts so I decided to give the 16610 a shot. I figured I needed a sub in my collection.

I was deciding between holding out for a TC or buying the new JF. After reading a little bit I decided to go for the JF and make a couple of necessary changes to get the outcome I wanted.

I bought the JF 16610LV from Marvellous Replica, but always had the intention to swap the insert for an LN (someone told me the dial was better on the LVs so I blindly followed their advice)

I was very impressed with the out-of-the-box product. I didn't take any pictures, but I will share a couple of the QC pics.

ZHbttHg.jpg

UG9PJjV.jpg

There has been a lot of talk about the font on the datewheel being too bold, but having since changed to a gen datewheel I'm not even sure I see a difference.

For this project I replaced three things:

Gen Datewheel
Gen Bezel Insert
Gen Crystal (non-AR) - the crystal I bought does have the LEC which is not period correct, but I don't care :p

So on to some pictures:

pveffIT.jpg

8qbKWWX.jpg

2vbfFe5.jpg

F5Uxxgq.jpg

GjN2FGH.jpg

sxTVMqW.jpg

Overall I'm very pleased with how it turned out. I think it looks great on the wrist and my pictures don't really do it justice.

Let me know what you guys think!

Reactions: Maron

tom_cat

I'm Pretty Popular
4/7/13
Thanks for sharing mate! Its indeed look like a stunner. smoke please chime in your thoughts on new JF no rehaut version??

lpl

Renowned Member
3/1/17
New Zealand
Isn't LV dial totally different than LN? I believe your combo make it a fantasy watch. People may say that the LV dial is much better, but you'd have to pair it up with an LV insert and build an LV watch :)

Gen LV and TC LN.

9IkXarx.jpg

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
Isn't LV dial totally different than LN? I believe your combo make it a fantasy watch. People may say that the LV dial is much better, but you'd have to pair it up with an LV insert and build an LV watch :)

Gen LV and TC LN.

9IkXarx.jpg

Yes, LV has a maxi dial, with bigger lumed markers than LN. But some like the maxi dial with LN insert, everybody's got different tastes ;)

lpl

Renowned Member
3/1/17
New Zealand
Yes, LV has a maxi dial, with bigger lumed markers than LN. But some like the maxi dial with LN insert, everybody's got different tastes ;)

Makes sense. Just wanted to inform OP just in case he wasn't aware. Regardless, a very nice build.

Smoke

Legendary Member
18/3/13
Thanks for sharing mate! Its indeed look like a stunner. smoke please chime in your thoughts on new JF no rehaut version??
Lex means laser etched crown and it is period correct. This non Rehaut version is much better than the Rehaut version due to poor fake looking engravings.and less wokky Rehaut. Me personally I would have got a gen lv insert for this build .but nice build regardless.plus if you still have the jf insert you can use that if you want to see some green.i like the jf insert it's great.some disagree but it's comes down to qc on the pearl area some are great and some are not so great

Reactions: electric

ceri88

You're Saying I Can Sell?
15/6/17
Sorry , for install gen datedisc on sh3135 is necessary one little mod or is plug and play ? Thanks

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando RWI

thinwhiteduke

I'm Pretty Popular
21/2/16
Congratulations on your build, OP! Nice one.
I agree with lpl and smoke . You are now with RWI, and it is always good to know that you know your watches, particularly the differences between the 16610LN and LV aside from the color of the bezel insert.

1) First off, your LEC gen crystal is the least of your "concerns" in your build. It's not incorrect as Smoke mentioned.

2) The difference in the dials between LN and LV is glaring and has nothing to do with LV's being "nicer." While both are black, the LV has the so-called "maxi dial" because the hour markers are larger compared to the LN's as mentioned by lpl.

Lastly, there is nothing wrong with the LV insert of your JF. Like Smoke said, go with it. I would save your Gen insert for your next 5-digit no rehaut-engraving JF 16610LN, but then again, that's just me.

Again, nice watch! Enjoy it.

Reactions: Smoke and lpl

tom_cat

I'm Pretty Popular
4/7/13
Lex means laser etched crown and it is period correct. This non Rehaut version is much better than the Rehaut version due to poor fake looking engravings.and less wokky Rehaut. Me personally I would have got a gen lv insert for this build .but nice build regardless.plus if you still have the jf insert you can use that if you want to see some green.i like the jf insert it's great.some disagree but it's comes down to qc on the pearl area some are great and some are not so great

Thanks for your thoughts on this mate. What u reckon about the dial on this?? Their JF LN and JF LV dials are different.I can the gen dial similar to LN but couldn’t find the gen LV similar to JF.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bora12

4/10/17

I have heard that it is luck of the draw with these new JFs. Mine required no mods.
If you're unlucky I think the mod is minor.

bora12

4/10/17
Congratulations on your build, OP! Nice one.
I agree with lpl and smoke . You are now with RWI, and it is always good to know that you know your watches, particularly the differences between the 16610LN and LV aside from the color of the bezel insert.

1) First off, your LEC gen crystal is the least of your "concerns" in your build. It's not incorrect as Smoke mentioned.

2) The difference in the dials between LN and LV is glaring and has nothing to do with LV's being "nicer." While both are black, the LV has the so-called "maxi dial" because the hour markers are larger compared to the LN's as mentioned by lpl.

Lastly, there is nothing wrong with the LV insert of your JF. Like Smoke said, go with it. I would save your Gen insert for your next 5-digit no rehaut-engraving JF 16610LN, but then again, that's just me.

Again, nice watch! Enjoy it.

Ah, interesting! Is there a good rep LN dial out there? Yuki perhaps? I am going to buy it just incase. I'm not selling this now, but I feel like no one will buy this as is if the time does come.

ShovelnTC

Renowned Member
14/6/13
AU
Looks great mate and don't concern yourself with the LV/LN insert comment as many Gen owners switch out the green insert for the black and I have a Gen LN insert as well as the original Green insert for my TC and to be honest I rarely wear it with the Green insert as it just doesn't look as good as the black IMHO.

Leave worrying about being "correct" for when you are doing your math exam but wear the watch that you like the look of.

Enjoy your new build.

Reactions: LifeTrekker