• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Ok ok I say WOW! It’s the ARF DAYTONA 116500LN (very pic heavy)

retiredwatchguy68

No longer active
22/3/11
Marfa, TX
You may have seen this on our sister forums but felt it was only right to share on our new home for any members that might find it useful!

retiredwatchguy68

No longer active
22/3/11
Marfa, TX
Good afternoon to you all around the globe!

Firstly I’d like to say I am happy we are all here back where we belong. I had written this post during our tough times in order to have it ready for you all so we can get being back to doing what we do best.. Geeking out and discussing pictures of new watches!

Every now and then a watch comes along which takes the hobby a whole leap up. I think this ARF Rolex Daytona is one of them. I think people focusing on the non Chrono part of this movement are missing out big time. This watch is barely thicker than the gen and sits perfectly on the wrist. I’d take that over functioning Chronos any day of the week and the big second hand working is the cherry on the cake so you can’t really call it out.

In all my years in this hobby I had never even given the Daytona a second thought due to the previous versions being obscenely thick clunker compared to Gen which is a super obvious tell. Then along comes the ARF Daytona in 904l steel. Honestly this watch is special looking. I’ve been lucky enough to own 4 gen ceramic rollies in my time and I do think the “shine” that gen owners speak of is very present and near perfect on the ARF. I tend to be obsessed with modding every watch in my collection. This one only needed the bracelet to have a night in baby oil and the rotor silencing. As the old saying goes, it’s “running like a champ!”

A few years back I once tried the original white dial Daytona and felt it wore way too small than my gen hulk. The ceramic bezel was such a great addition and beefs it up a bit!

The cost of this watch in gen form is hugely inflated especially here where I live (they are selling like hot cakes on Blowers etc for £15k which is amazing to me!) honestly I personally feel this thing is so well made I’m getting a ton of the enjoyment before even modding it!

I would also say fellow members beware on QC pics I think people have gone a bit mad on rejecting these watches for silly reasons that you can’t see on the wrist. There’s even gens on the TRF 116500 thread with slightly misaligned 60 markers on the bezels! Mine was delivered in 3 days flat days before Xmas from Sead’s EU stock because it had been rejected and I’m so happy with it. Even in some of my pictures you will see the bezel markers look a little flat but in real life and on the wrist it’s perfect IMO no paint mods needed here!

As always I will let the pictures do the talking and see what you, the real professionals, think.

SOLEX

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
30/3/09
Awesome post!! I have been enjoying mine during our down time.

tomerh120

Known Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
10/7/16
Great pics, very gen like watch.
also such a nice AR crystal...
i think the hardest choice to make is if to take the black dial or the white one?

Tempo

I'm Pretty Popular
10/2/13
Congrats. Gorgeous Daytona and stunning pics . I think I have to order my next watch.

A

Anubiis

Please keep us updated on the 4130 movement and its reliability. Great watch

retiredwatchguy68

No longer active
22/3/11
Marfa, TX
Thanks fellas for the kind words!

Marius13 it does! Even though the dimensions are the same the ceramic bezel gives a much needed ‘beefier’ feel to it compared with the SS models. The whole watch does still feel far smaller than subs etc though. If I had smaller wrists i’d Franken the SS model for sure :)

Marius13

23/9/14
Albania
Thanks fellas for the kind words!

Marius13 it does! Even though the dimensions are the same the ceramic bezel gives a much needed ‘beefier’ feel to it compared with the SS models. The whole watch does still feel far smaller than subs etc though. If I had smaller wrists i’d Franken the SS model for sure :)

Thnx for the input, I have had the opportunity to try the gen 116520 several times, and wears great. But have never tried the ceramic daytonas neither rep or gen. Thnx again.

Reactions: retiredwatchguy68

chefzorba

20/5/16
Charlestown, SC
That really is a stunning watch brother congrats!! Excellent pictures and review as well. Besides the mentioned baby oil dip and rotor silencing, what mods were you thinking of in the future with this?

Reactions: retiredwatchguy68

retiredwatchguy68

No longer active
22/3/11
Marfa, TX
Marius13 Yes try one they are good fun! Make a great daily without having to spend thousands making it perfect
chefzorba well thank you broski! Ok this one needs caseback shaving very slightly and an ETA rotor installed (the shitty Chinese one can’t wind this movement well at all) there’s a modder on RG who does all of the above and adds a gen coronet to the dial, shaves pushers too which is exactly what this bad boy needs so gonna go for that but I’m still figuring out exactly which one to do before I send it off ;)

Reactions: chefzorba

Tempo

I'm Pretty Popular
10/2/13
Just arrived.

RvfFZ00.jpg

membrelli

I'm Pretty Popular
5/8/15
It's very beautiful But I would like the version with steel bezel and white dial But the white dial (even if it's redone) leaves me some doubts Too bad that there is not on RWI beautiful photos like yours of the Daytona white dial - steel bezel