• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

All I need now is a Yacht! My new Superfranken Yacht Master 116622 Blue Dial (very pic heavy)

retiredwatchguy68

No longer active
22/3/11
Marfa, TX
Good afternoon to you all around the globe! I just wanted to share some pictures of my new Superfranken Yacht Master. I had always wanted to get a truly Superfranken of this model and I’m supremely happy with how this one looks but you guys are the best judges! Here it is in all its glory with all Rolex parts being totally new on installation.

The specs as promised:

Genuine Rolex Yachtmaster blue dial

Genuine Rolex Yachtmaster hands (all)
Genuine Rolex Yachtmaster crystal
Genuine Rolex Crown & Tube
Genuine Rolex datewheel
SA3135 Serviced and running COSC
Waterproofed and sealed to 10ATM+

The bezel has also been modded to absolute perfection by TomRep and the platinum finish takes it to another level! The entire case and bracelet was also polished and brushed too.

Two things I had wanted to do were gen bezel and yuki movement however I honestly feel this watch is done! Heard bad things about SA3135 but this one seems to run same as gens and if it ever did crap out then in goes the Yuki. Gen bezel is super super expensive and would take me to 50% of gen or more. This cost around 25% and honestly I do feel I’m getting 99% of the enjoyment on this one my friends. The TomRep bezel mod is really that good.. stick a fork in this Superfranken, it’s done!!

With the prices of Gen parts soaring I can honestly say while they may seem super high right now there is still no better time to build these super frankens. The parts to build this exact watch just so happen to be sat on TRF right now! As lots of people have been mentioning Rolex are now requiring all parts are exchanged with them directly meaning the entire Rolex parts scene is likely to become sharply affected once the current stock out there is depleted. I’m trying to do another build now as I do believe time is a bit against us here.

This Rolex blue dial is really something stunning in real life and I’ve found myself staring at it for hours, so I’ve taken pictures in some different light situations etc as this beautiful piece has a lot of different looks! As always I will leave it to you, the real experts to see what you think!

QBIW15Ch.jpg

6jUHw2Mh.jpg

Zs4vlyYh.jpg

zYlkiKJh.jpg

IHBCQDMh.jpg

4WR1i14h.jpg

m3dxunwh.jpg

lLk7pMfh.jpg

XKDsLouh.jpg

mCKad5Uh.jpg

8eDxpHsh.jpg

Cs67Jm1h.jpg

7oTH0g3h.jpg

bBsqkW6h.jpg

LKnQFuFh.jpg

PtQ3zB2h.jpg

1ztJSb9h.jpg

5rKlDTNh.jpg

mzREBkMh.jpg

4Qe8pqyh.jpg

eIf3fcch.jpg

yu9E2JTh.jpg

Last edited:

retiredwatchguy68

No longer active
22/3/11
Marfa, TX
Bigpapa thank you! Around €2,650 all in Sir. The parts for both this watch and the rhodium dial are sat on TRF right now so anyone can build this! One just has to commit ;)

nipe

PINK PONY RIDER
9/4/16
EU
Bigpapa thank you! Around €2,650 all in Sir. The parts for both this watch and the rhodium dial are sat on TRF right now so anyone can build this! One just has to commit ;)

I love this model, thanks for sharing! How does it wear compared to a sub?? I guess closer to a 5-digit than ceramic?

HansNfranZZZ

4/3/16
I have one with rhodium dial. No mods, noob factoty. It’s a great piece.

Attachments

• photo28018.jpg
    photo28018.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 0
  • photo28020.jpg
    photo28020.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 0
  • photo28021.jpg
    photo28021.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 0

HansNfranZZZ

4/3/16
I also compared it to a gen 37mm in my AD and a 40mm rose gold. Bezel has a very similar feel to gen (both feel less refined than a gen or rep sub when turned). That’s my only complaint of the model in general. It wears just like a sub and looks stunning. The rep is very very good I had a hard time noticing any significant differences side by side.

retiredwatchguy68

No longer active
22/3/11
Marfa, TX
I love this model, thanks for sharing! How does it wear compared to a sub?? I guess closer to a 5-digit than ceramic?

Hey nipe my pleasure bro! Ok this is a great question as I’m a big ceramic sub guy too! Honestly it doesn’t wear as small as the 5 digits (which I can’t personally wear anymore as they feel tiny to me) the YM wears ever so slightly smaller than my Sub LV however it has a very similar dimension and feel it’s more a trick of the eye as the ceramic makes my sub feel bigger but and this is the big one for me, the YM feels like a kind of Sub “elite” or something. It’s for me the ultimate sports watch but I would daily wear the Sub LV or GMT over this but I haven’t managed to take the YM off since I got it as quite simply put, it feels exactly the same as wearing any gen Rolexes that I’ve had ;)

Last edited:

nipe

PINK PONY RIDER
9/4/16
EU
Hey nipe my pleasure bro! Ok this is a great question as I’m a big ceramic sub guy too! Honestly it doesn’t wear as small as the 5 digits (which I can’t personally wear anymore as they feel tiny to me) the YM wears ever so slightly smaller than my Sub LV however it has a very similar dimension and feel it’s more a trick of the eye as the ceramic makes my sub feel bigger but and this is the big one for me, the YM feels like a kind of Sub “elite” or something. It’s for me the ultimate sports watch but I would daily wear the Sub LV or GMT over this but I haven’t managed to take the YM off since I got it as quite simply put, it feels exactly the same as wearing any gen Rolexes that I’ve had ;)

Thanks for replying! :)

Yeah it's definitely the ultimate sportswatch, I agree on that - and still so elegant. I've been eyeing that model for some time now and blue dial is definitely the way to go! Damn.. looks like I'm going to have to spend some more money this month.

Reactions: retiredwatchguy68

brane

not pronounced like brain
Supporter
Certified
17/8/15
Hey mate that is one delicious build, quick question for you. I am building a YM too, except a 116655–which is basically the same thing. What crystal did you use? The 116622 or did you use a 116610 (sub) one? Any difference? Plan on going gen bezel? I scooped up a gen bezel but not sure if JF is compatable.

HansNfranZZZ

4/3/16
Can you elaborate on the TomRep bezel mod? You’ve cought my interest. Your photos are awesome of that piece, great look.

retiredwatchguy68

No longer active
22/3/11
Marfa, TX
brane hey bro thanks I’m glad you like it! that 116655 will be insane! My advice would be go see user sacsha1’s build on RG! He was the first (and possibility only?) person I’ve seen build a Superfranken of that model. Thing is just crazy! He’s listed full build too so will be really helpful for yours ;) as for crystal this has gen 116622 crystal but my understanding is the 116610 crystal fits (I have one on my hulk but never swapped them so can’t say what differences there are to be honest from what I’ve seen they are all the exact same price so I would just go 116622 to make it perfect) there’s a 116655 full bezel assembly on TRF now but that’s an expensive bit of kit ;)

retiredwatchguy68

No longer active
22/3/11
Marfa, TX
HansNfranZZZ TomRep is also on RG he sandblasts the bezel to look like platinum perfection he has a huge thread over there on it. Absolute game changer for the YM as the noob bezel looks totally wrong next to a gen. I’ve handled this watch in Gen and to my eyes there are now no visible flaws at all, it’s worth every cent as he even refinished the chrome numbers to make them pop against the sandblast beaded effect of the platinum. Hope that’s helpful Sir!

Reactions: HansNfranZZZ

brane

not pronounced like brain
Supporter
Certified
17/8/15
Thanks for the response! Good to know both work. I have extensive work with sub cases but no bidirectional cases like yachtmaster, espdcially the 116655 case. Anyways I’ll post pictures when she’s done. :)

Reactions: retiredwatchguy68