• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

"Official DSSD Club"

dvouss

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
29/4/15
Yes indeed, padding between the lugs and down, extremely comfortable ! I have made a few more straps with John over the years, I usually invest as much as the watch in the strap...here goes some wrist shots from this morning and also I am adding some straps from my omega and panerai also from John ( one is orange lezard teju with black Alva Tara lining, the other one is carbon ostrich leg and round scale alligator lining....ENJOY !!!

What an awesome collection! Please keep me in mind if you ever think of parting with 1, 2, or all 3.

tommikeson

24/10/14
Has anyone replaced the ARF crystal yet? It sits a touch higher than it should. I'm curious to know if a gen fits better or if the hight has something to do with the height of the gas escape ring.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

surfski64

Horology Curious
14/1/13
Stockholm, Sweden
Hi everyone.
I have had a question buzzing around in my head for a few months now. It's a question that does not leave me alone and now it's time to do something about it.

As it is hard to find a Noob v10 d-blue dssd from the TD after the raids, I wonder if you guys can give me some advice on wheter the ARF V3(?) is as good?

I mean, is the ARF as good to start from if I want to go more franken?

So far my only experience with franken reps are limited. I had a TC 16610 LV for a few years, but I recently sold it as I always felt it was to small on my wrist. But hey, it was a great watch! As TC had already refined it from the start, I just swapped the bezel ring to a gen and that was it.

With the DSSD it seems to be more of a challenge…

I have really tried to figure out what maker and model to choose here on the forum, but I still feel like an idiot. I was about to order the Noob V10 when the raids occured. Bummer

jg3456

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
31/7/12
Denver, CO
Here's my 2cents, making decision to buy noob v10 (vs arf v3 122660)...I've never seen the ARF in person, only photos...from which it appears Noob v10 dial has a brighter blue and a brighter green "DEEPSEA". I wouldn't be surprised if ARF bracelet quality superior. The other thing I've noted in pics is that the noob V10 transition from blue to black seems to begin at DEEPSEA (maybe explaining the brigher, more gen-like? green letters) whereas the ARF begins below DEEPSEA....in viewing Gen photos hard to tell which is the case (or if the transition changed with the 122660 dial vs 111660 original dial)....even if less accurate, from photos I preferred the more vibrant colored noob V10--confirmed with receipt of my watch.

Suppose you can't go wrong with either, and that more Rolex-expert members can confirm the aforementioned questions. Good luck.

Reactions: surfski64

Principium

Supporter
Certified
15/3/20
33abcdd16b221d82f0dbe0c7f88bad5b.jpg

best one OOTB

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

jg3456

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
31/7/12
Denver, CO
which version? I don't see it... SELs look proud (protuding), hard to tell dial vibrancy from photo but seems to fall short vs. V10 Noob...and depends on whether one prefers the original (as yours is) or newer (122660) wider bracelet version (V10 noob) ~ great if the rollie experts (one of which I am not) provided their insight on this topic. cheers,

Max Dad

Reloj Amor
Supporter
Certified
28/1/21
Spain
Anyone know where I can get a Noob V10 DSSD deep blue from.....? Or best TD to ask?

Alexkat

You're Saying I Can Sell?
15/12/18
My IR factory DSSD
1f9a08d321808489fcf445b89abfefca.jpg

Στάλθηκε από το Redmi Note 9 Pro μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

Alexkat

You're Saying I Can Sell?
15/12/18
My IR factory dssd
c510309e15e4cbd0abfd246adbb8229a.jpg

Στάλθηκε από το Redmi Note 9 Pro μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk