• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

"Official DSSD Club"

scottiedog

I'm Pretty Popular
15/7/16
Hey all, I'm new here but I recently replaced my rep DSSD with the d-blue dial for an original. If anyone has any questions about the details of an original, let me know and I'll gladly answer or upload photos. Thanks!

All details please. Pictures too. Where did you get it from, that’s a rare find. Look forward to hearing more from you on this.

Conrad.

Looking Around
9/11/20
I mean I bought a genuine DSSD D-Blue, I got it from a local dealer who had two in stock, one unworn and one near mint. I went for the neat mint one.

Here's a couple of comparison photos: https://imgur.com/a/J8ZSCyX

Are there specific photos of the genuine that would be interesting?
I'm impressed with the rep, its very close. There are a few details about it that make it easy to tell if you know and they're next to each other.

Conrad.

Looking Around
9/11/20
The rep I got from the Grand Bazaar in Turkey. They had loads. I went round a few places until I found one that looked good, some were dreadful.
Fortunately the guy I was with, a Turkish guy that was owner of the company we were visiting had a real one so we were able to look at the reps in store side-by-side with a genuine one. He was very careful not to take his off of course!

I did get a bit fleeced though. They showed me the rep then said I could upgrade it to an ETA movement for $100 more. I did that but when I got home and took the back off, it's not an ETA!
It keeps time really well though, but it has different behaviours to the genuine. On a genuine when you pull the crown out, the movement stops, on the rep it keeps going. The date transition takes place over a couple of hours on the rep but it happens very quickly on the real one (just before midnight, which is where datejust comes from I recently learned).

scottiedog

I'm Pretty Popular
15/7/16
I mean I bought a genuine DSSD D-Blue, I got it from a local dealer who had two in stock, one unworn and one near mint. I went for the neat mint one.

Here's a couple of comparison photos: https://imgur.com/a/J8ZSCyX

Are there specific photos of the genuine that would be interesting?
I'm impressed with the rep, its very close. There are a few details about it that make it easy to tell if you know and they're next to each other.

Thanks for posting those photos.. Enjoy the new DSSD, lovely, always great to see a gen in the wild. Cheers.

scottiedog

I'm Pretty Popular
15/7/16
Nice shot mate... :thumbsup:

Wish there was more DSSD news. Subs getting it all.......+some

Last edited:
Reactions: C Master

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
Top Poster Of Month
7/10/15
Ireland
i m waiting for my new 126660 dblue......

I had one but couldn't get used to the cyclops. I have been know to burn the cyclops off some of my watches lol.

EDIT: Don't mind me I am rusty. I was getting mixed up with the 126600.

Last edited:

Shylock Eins

Put Some Respect On My Name
3/2/16
d39d3b3c5a82a611bcb55308944cb9ea.jpg

e61d16f6b61fc80e9e49b58448fd8b74.jpg

946c9e2acb76ebceb928dadeb38a07c8.jpg

fredflintstone

5/4/20
Anyone know where I can source a crown for a 116660 I'm resurrecting? The outside diameter is bigger the the subbie, 7.8mm so that won't fit.
I've sourced a new tube but can't find a crown, frustrating as hell!

Sent from my SM-T515 using Tapatalk