• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

"Official DSSD Club"

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
But what is really interesting is that both have the same 43mm case size. I measured the outside of the bezel teeth.

The DSSD is *supposed* to be 44mm. Case measurements are taken on the case below the bezel from 10 to 4 or 2 to 8.

Noob V7

ZHJ26X.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Katarsis and RobSe1

Katarsis

I'm Pretty Popular
2/7/18
Kattegatt
The DSSD is *supposed* to be 44mm. Case measurements are taken on the case below the bezel from 10 to 4 or 2 to 8.

Interesting. I'm going to do some more research when I get the DSSD back tomorrow.
If my kids will let me. lol! Don't hold your breath.

scottiedog

I'm Pretty Popular
15/7/16
Does anyone know about the Ti caseback being real Ti on the ARF, where as it is not Ti on the Noob (its coated to look like Ti and can wear off)?

Is that the case for both 116660 and 126660 versions?

Katarsis

I'm Pretty Popular
2/7/18
Kattegatt
Does anyone know about the Ti caseback being real Ti on the ARF, where as it is not Ti on the Noob (its coated to look like Ti and can wear off)?

Is that the case for both 116660 and 126660 versions?

The noob 126660 has a steel caseback.
I think ARF has Titanium but it is thin.

scottiedog

I'm Pretty Popular
15/7/16
The noob 126660 has a steel caseback.
I think ARF has Titanium but it is thin.

OK. Interesting. Thank you!

I think the Noob has a Ti coloured back, doesnt it, Is the Ti colour similar, between Noob and Gen, I know you have both.... :)

Principium

Supporter
Certified
15/3/20
the noob 126660 caseback is colored steel. If you use a ball as case opener the color will went awy soon... I saw an eample last weekend of that case.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Katarsis

I'm Pretty Popular
2/7/18
Kattegatt
OK. Interesting. Thank you!

I think the Noob has a Ti coloured back, doesnt it, Is the Ti colour similar, between Noob and Gen, I know you have both.... :)

The color was gone when I received it.

The ARF caseback looks pretty much the same as gen.

Katarsis

I'm Pretty Popular
2/7/18
Kattegatt
I have received the beast. It looks stunning and I am even considering selling the rest of the collection because I'm so in love with my new baby.

When this was at the Spa I bought the 126660 and I was sure I was going to prefer the new model because of the wider bracelet. I didn't. I actually prefer the narrow bracelet. In my opinion it makes a big watch a little smaller and on my wrist which is quite wide and flat, it wears better.

I really love the matte black dial. I was never really a fan of the D-BLUE and now that I have seen the gen black dial mounted on the watch it's so beautiful.
I like the fact that the Deepsea is on the top half of the dial and in smaller letters. Makes the dial less cluttered and the watch more discrete and letting the rest of the parts do more of the talking.

I was surprised how big of a difference it was with the gen hands. The curvature and how the catch the light is amazing.

The lume is outstanding. It's a really cool effect when the chromalight glows in broad daylight.

The brushing almost makes it look like a different watch. Much more refined and catches the light in a different way. I understand why Rolex don't use AR on the crystals, together with the ceramic and the refined case, hands and Bracelet this is a very blingy tool watch. At least in sunlight. And I think many of us want that. To have people's eyes drawn to our beloved watches?

Unfortunately the bezel insert had a thin crack that I hadn't even seen before and it cracked more when the bezel popped of during pressure test.

When I received it I immediately decided to source a new insert. Luckily interaktiv had one on the shelf so it's on its way to Italy as I'm writing this.

I also sourced a new VR3135 to put in it now that this build has spun completely out of control anyway. Over €4.2k in this piece now...but it has been worth it.

With the new insert mounted this is going to be my absolute favorite and I wouldn't be surprised if I am a OWG soon.

​​​​​​​
ZKgab5.jpg

ZKg5Di.jpg

ZKgLMX.jpg

ZKgUob.jpg

ZKgWTp.jpg

ZKgm5F.jpg

ZKgoBt.jpg

scottiedog

I'm Pretty Popular
15/7/16
I have received the beast. It looks stunning and I am even considering selling the rest of the collection because I'm so in love with my new baby.

When this was at the Spa I bought the 126660 and I was sure I was going to prefer the new model because of the wider bracelet. I didn't. I actually prefer the narrow bracelet. In my opinion it makes a big watch a little smaller and on my wrist which is quite wide and flat, it wears better.

I really love the matte black dial. I was never really a fan of the D-BLUE and now that I have seen the gen black dial mounted on the watch it's so beautiful.
I like the fact that the Deepsea is on the top half of the dial and in smaller letters. Makes the dial less cluttered and the watch more discrete and letting the rest of the parts do more of the talking.

I was surprised how big of a difference it was with the gen hands. The curvature and how the catch the light is amazing.

The lume is outstanding. It's a really cool effect when the chromalight glows in broad daylight.

The brushing almost makes it look like a different watch. Much more refined and catches the light in a different way. I understand why Rolex don't use AR on the crystals, together with the ceramic and the refined case, hands and Bracelet this is a very blingy tool watch. At least in sunlight. And I think many of us want that. To have people's eyes drawn to our beloved watches?

Unfortunately the bezel insert had a thin crack that I hadn't even seen before and it cracked more when the bezel popped of during pressure test.

When I received it I immediately decided to source a new insert. Luckily interaktiv had one on the shelf so it's on its way to Italy as I'm writing this.

I also sourced a new VR3135 to put in it now that this build has spun completely out of control anyway. Over €4.2k in this piece now...but it has been worth it.

With the new insert mounted this is going to be my absolute favorite and I wouldn't be surprised if I am a OWG soon.

​​​​​​

Stunning. Congratulations. It is awesomely awesome!

I love the way the SEL pokes slightly out of the lugs.... visually better than the flush on the new 126660.

Last edited:
Reactions: Katarsis

fredflintstone

5/4/20
Hello all, hope you can help me.
I've got a noob V10 126660 on the way, with the A3235 movement.
Does any of you know if the movement can be swapped out for a VR3135 or a Swiss eta?

Sent from my SM-T515 using Tapatalk

macarone

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
7/3/17
CONUS USA
Hello all, hope you can help me.
I've got a noob V10 126660 on the way, with the A3235 movement.
Does any of you know if the movement can be swapped out for a VR3135 or a Swiss eta?

What’s wrong with the A3235?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fredflintstone

5/4/20
Nothing as far as I know. I'm just not keen on decorated movements. So want to know what my options are.

macarone

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
7/3/17
CONUS USA
The case back takes care of this, unless your going for a sapphire one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fredflintstone

5/4/20
I polished the inside of the engine cases on my race bike, no one will ever know I've done it, it doesn't add any performance. But I know, and I'm the only one who feels better for knowing its been done.

Reactions: Katarsis

fredflintstone

5/4/20
Does anyone know what options are available when replacing the A3235?

scottiedog

I'm Pretty Popular
15/7/16
Does anyone know what options are available when replacing the A3235?

There isnt a clone of the 3235 yet, is there? Sorry, my bad... there is, I thought they were a3135 and a3235 wasnt available yet.

I ensured I got one with an ETA clone so I can simply swap with gen swiss when the time comes. But its a good question, is there some kind of movement ring which would allow an ETA to go into a 3235 caseset?

Last edited:

fredflintstone

5/4/20
Its a decorated movement, I assume based on the a2836/2824 movements. If I was buying the watch new I would of gone for a non decorated movement, but I got a nice deal so, well, here we are!