• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

"Official DSSD Club"

macarone

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
7/3/17
CONUS USA
e8623a3235843aef82130ab0d446eaae.jpg

c4cb23a3a76f0a585c32a784a8b520af.plist

Between their siblings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Katarsis

I'm Pretty Popular
2/7/18
Kattegatt
Mine is at the Spa at the moment. When she is done she will have a new ARF case and Bracelet rebrushed and polished. In addition she has got gen parts added such as MK1 dial, hands, bezel insert, date wheel, crown, titanium caseback, auto wind module and date plate.

JWGCo.jpg

JWbLP.jpg

macarone

Patron
Certified
7/3/17
CONUS USA
Mine is at the Spa at the moment. When she is done she will have a new ARF case and Bracelet rebrushed and polished. In addition she has got gen parts added such as MK1 dial, hands, bezel insert, date wheel, crown, titanium caseback, auto wind module and date plate.

JWGCo.jpg

JWbLP.jpg

Proper build!

Reactions: Katarsis

macarone

Patron
Certified
7/3/17
CONUS USA
Very nice. Which one do you like most. Which do you wear most?

Thanks, the black Classic Franken had first rights lol, I do like how the subtle design changes in the 126660, it wears better. Been going to that one if I want to go blue.
126660 bone stock noob
116660 Blue has prof xtal, spongebob insert, and just dropped vr3135 blue spring with half way decent arf handset I had left over.
116660 Black is in noob v6s case with arf bracelet, gen dial, gen dw, gen Insert. Still on the hunt for gen hands and tube crown maybe a bezel lol.

Reactions: Katarsis

Katarsis

I'm Pretty Popular
2/7/18
Kattegatt
Thanks, the black Classic Franken had first rights lol, I do like how the subtle design changes in the 126660, it wears better. Been going to that one if I want to go blue.
126660 bone stock noob
116660 Blue has prof xtal, spongebob insert, and just dropped vr3135 blue spring with half way decent arf handset I had left over.
116660 Black is in noob v6s case with arf bracelet, gen dial, gen dw, gen Insert. Still on the hunt for gen hands and tube crown maybe a bezel lol.

I prefer the black dial too. Looks more classic Rolex. I wish it was possible to build a 126660 franken.
I would switch in a heartbeat. I am even considering to try and machine the lugs on the 11 to fit a 12 bracelet. That one mm does a world of difference.

Reactions: macarone

Katarsis

I'm Pretty Popular
2/7/18
Kattegatt
Was that brushing done by hand or machine? Cheers

Well, it depends on how you mean.
It's a motor that runs the brushes but the bracelet is held by a hand who applies the pressure and decides for how long and where the brushing is done.

scottiedog

I'm Pretty Popular
15/7/16
Well, it depends on how you mean.
It's a motor that runs the brushes but the bracelet is held by a hand who applies the pressure and decides for how long and where the brushing is done.

Yes, that´s what I meant... By machine (and hand) or solely by hand without the use or any machine. I´ve seen a few members re-brushing their watches by hand and getting great results (using various grit papers, etc) so I wondered if yours was done that way or with a brushing machine (I think they are called lapping machines?). I really wonder, is it possible to "brush as gen" without the use of the brushing machine and to get the same effect by hand alone.

Thanks for confirming, looks stunning - great build :)