• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

"Official DSSD Club"

dunreplica

Known Member
25/6/13
should of just swapped the markers out on the trevor insert, I think noobs font is way better.

2jedi0

8/8/13
IMG_2637_zps8ae3c025.jpg

WBK version

GAS ESCAPE 0007

Looking Around
5/9/13
New Face required for DSSD please

:wyliehelp:Hi,

I am new to this forum,
I recently got a DSSD rep - as a gift from someone who I did a favour for,
I like the watch - it feels good on my arm, keep good time - and looks the part..
all except for a detail which is missing on the face, as per the pic..:wyliehelp:
It does not say DEEP SEA, as per the oriinal...
I am new to anything Rolex, although I own 15 watches, the most valuable being a
Omega - Seamaster .. which is 15 years old , next a Tissot Ttouch -- the rest are Gshocks,
Timex, Police, Ingersol --- So I have no cluse how to rectify the error..

I would like to know if anyone here can pont me to where I could buy a updated face, with the correct lume, and markings, - I can have it fitted, buy my brother in law, he is a Goldsmith and Jeweller.
Here is my DSSD - Minus Deep sea....

sasa408

I'm Pretty Popular
25/1/13
Here you go: http://www.repgeek.com/showthread.php?t=211874 Rolex DSSD Parts ( Package)

blue rocket

12/4/11
Don't remember if I ever posted these here, but here's my DSSD ultimate Franken. Don't think you can get any closer to gen than to get a real one! Case is custom modded to fit the gen bezel, click mech, springs, etc. A lot of other mods were done to get every detail right.

Hope you enjoy the pics, but plz, no PM's if I'm willing to sell it, i've been offered $3500 before and passed -- this one means to much to me to sell it. Over 2 years of work went into crafting her.

blue_rocket_frankenstein_rolex_deepsea_dssd.jpg

blue_rocket_frankenstein_rolex_deepsea_dssd1.jpg

blue_rocket_frankenstein_rolex_deepsea_dssd2.jpg

blue_rocket_frankenstein_rolex_deepsea_dssd3.jpg

blue_rocket_frankenstein_rolex_deepsea_dssd4.jpg

blue_rocket_frankenstein_rolex_deepsea_dssd5.jpg

blue_rocket_frankenstein_rolex_deepsea_dssd6.jpg

blue_rocket_frankenstein_rolex_deepsea_dssd7.jpg

blue_rocket_frankenstein_rolex_deepsea_dssd8.jpg

User_Error

Renowned Member
18/5/11
Middle of Nowhere, Kansas
Anyone know if Rolex made a DSSD without the Deep sea on the face\diL?

no they did not.

your best bet would be to invest in a new one. they have come a long way since the one you have was made. yours is likely a 21j and has more issues than just the dial. for ~$200 you can purchase one from a td that will have correct dial, nice pearl, good lume, and an a2836 movement which will give you that lovely sweep seconds.

it would, in my opinion, be a better investment than a new dial with superlume, as you would also then need hands and a bezel pearl to match.

inTime $198(i have this one, wear it daily)
http://forum.replica-watch.info/vb/showthread.php/noob-rolex-dweller-120712

Sead $259 but has newest insert with better triangle and pearl, superlumed.
http://forum.replica-watch.info/vb/showthread.php/newest-dssd-updated-127724

Trevor $218
http://v.yupoo.com/photos/trevorwatch/albums/3848307/

those are a few on offer, but any td can get you what you want, just email them.

slowy

Horology Curious
9/10/13
What factory is this version from? The triangle looks so close to gen. Not too round like Noob, not too flat like Trevor's.

And any advice on getting a bezel insert with an original looking triangle on top would be appreciated.

benjji

I'm Pretty Popular
2/7/13
What factory is this version from? The triangle looks so close to gen. Not too round like Noob, not too flat like Trevor's.

this is from Bp factory.. it's visible by insert ( see number "2" and "3" )...

slowy

Horology Curious
9/10/13
this is from Bp factory.. it's visible by insert ( see number "2" and "3" )...
Thanks, benjji..;)

So, you think that insert looks ok, or far from gen? The triangle looks better than other reps, to me.

benjji

I'm Pretty Popular
2/7/13
Thanks, benjji..;)

So, you think that insert looks ok, or far from gen? The triangle looks better than other reps, to me.

Bp bezel is closest to gen than noob, we all know it ( but only as look.. this is not properly deep and color is not veryplatinum - but insert paint is a problem for all replicas..

noob has best dial .. marker ring are thiker

for me the best is noob rep + bp insert + paint modd.. but i'm not sure bp insert fit in..

if I do not want to make changes, I'd go with bp...
this on CQ is nice

slowy

Horology Curious
9/10/13
Thanks benjji...;)

I will ask BK, for your best arrangement, noob rep + bp insert + paint mod. Sounds sensible.

frodostar

I'm Pretty Popular
7/10/10
hi frodostar ? is this noob + bp insert or all BP ?

All ROLEX my friend ;) :cheers:, i have owned a BP from sead and its bloody good, i had the 3135 clone movement, watch was great, id give sead a bell.