• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

"Official DSSD Club"

ThinkBachs

Mythical Poster
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
9/2/09
DSC_0285_zps5a1dfd25.png
116660.jpg

faberjay111

I'm Pretty Popular
16/5/12
I know I had posted this watch before, but the pics weren't good.

Here are some better ones....

and finally.....

michaelkhng

Horology Curious
19/3/13
ThinkBachs, Thanks for your reply. So BP is producing Mark I dial.

I ordered it from Trevor. I have been waiting for this for almost a month. I was told that all the DSSD was out of stock before.....

Anyway, thanks for your comment.

ThinkBachs

Mythical Poster
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
9/2/09
ThinkBachs, Thanks for your reply. So BP is producing Mark I dial.

I ordered it from Trevor. I have been waiting for this for almost a month. I was told that all the DSSD was out of stock before.....

Anyway, thanks for your comment.

Welcome. The Mark I is my favorite dial- :thumbsup:

ThinkBachs

Mythical Poster
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
9/2/09
Has this been posted yet?

ROLEX Sea-Dweller DEEPSEA André Borchers LE by BLAKEN

By TLex Either I am incredibly naïve about the current state of mens’ fashions or (more likely) there are some ladies, who have more than a casual appreciation for what are essentially ’big boys toys’, but who still feel the need to take them and for want of a better word bastardize them so that they can match their handbags! This would appear to be one such example. Here’s another . . .

ROLEX%2BSea-Dweller%2BDEEPSEA%2BAndr%25C3%25A9%2BBorchers%2BLE%2Bby%2BBLAKEN.jpg

This special edition Rolex DEEPSEA has been custom coated by Blaken of Germany, whose custom watches, which are typically models from Rolex or Panerai are created using two multiple-patented hi-tech procedures and coated in DLC diamond-like carbon; a complex and expensive process that takes more than 16 days to reach a stage where it can meet with their stringent demands for toughness. Blaken’s patented DLC treatment is simply called ‘DLC-coating'.

Andr%25C3%25A9%2BBorchers%2BSHOPPER%2BNICKY.jpg

The Dial has been created by accessories designer André Borchers also of Germany. The watch is a Limited Edition of 7 pieces. For further details contact Blaken . . .

ROLEX%2BSea-Dweller%2BDEEPSEA%2BAndr%25C3%25A9%2BBorchers%2BLE%2Bby%2BBLAKEN%2B%2528crop%2529.jpg

Supersize!

ThinkBachs

Mythical Poster
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
9/2/09
DSC_0285_zps5a1dfd25.png

SO the Mark I dial DSSD from Trevor is the best version at the moment?

1. I don't know for sure where this is from, OP hasn't responded to my PM asking about the source.

2. I would really like to see the position of the HEV to give an educated opinion about it being best or not. IMHO, so far so good... there's a lot to like about it though.

ThinkBachs

Mythical Poster
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
9/2/09
Just to add:

Here is the "Mark I" dial:

116660.jpg

Now compare with this latest release version of the Deepsea Sea-Dweller dial:

rolex116660deepseadialm.jpg

As you can see, there are various differences to the predecessor dial:

Overall font is slightly "thinner".

• The painted Rolex coronet has changed style to look more like the coronet on other Rolex dials.
  • The "E"s in "DEEPSEA" now have a shorter middle line in the "E".
  • The "S" in "SEA-DWELLER" has been changed from a "flat" S to a "round" one.
  • The "ft" font has been changed.
  • The "=" sign is not on Italic anymore but runs as two parallel lines.
  • There is now a larger gap between the ft and metres depth rating, aka "Gap Dial" (seen on the newest Sub 14060M's too, btw.)

Here is an overview of the details (with the 14060M - new and old models - included):

rolex116660deepseadepth.gif
rolex116660deepseadepth-1.jpg

rolex14060mdial.jpg
rolex14060mgapdial.jpg

From: http://www.timekeeperforum.com/topi...ws-about-rolex-deepsea-sea-dweller-dials.html

Pamtastic

Renowned Member
31/1/13
I'd like to join this cool club!
Just came yesterday: Custom order from BK - ProHunter DSSD. Mods:
1) custom datewheel overlay swapped in
2) custom crystal gasket swapped in, fully press in the crystal and even it
3) insert re-installed to make it not floating or too sunken in the bezel bay

efa0f964f04bd9a1dea077e58564ba83_zps143618fe.jpg

miaborn

Looking Around
25/5/13
First buy from TWI TD

Hello good folks of RWI greetings from South Florida I am new to this forum, I do own a couple of gens (Tag Formula 1 and a Breitling Heritage 46mm). This is my first Rep and I am very satisfied because I knew what I was getting into. Don't be too harsh (I do plan on doing a few mods myself) but honestly is always welcome. Thank you all for the knowledge and I hope you enjoy the pics.

:howdy:

ThinkBachs

Mythical Poster
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
9/2/09
FRACK!

Why couldn't they make this with the correct "10"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

High%20Quality%20Rolex%20Sea-Dweller%20Deepsea%20Green%20Watch%20%281%29.jpg

teoulennon

Renowned Member
17/5/11
Any word on this TB?

DSC_0285_zps5a1dfd25.png

1. I don't know for sure where this is from, OP hasn't responded to my PM asking about the source.

2. I would really like to see the position of the HEV to give an educated opinion about it being best or not. IMHO, so far so good... there's a lot to like about it though.