• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

"Official DSSD Club"

lockstock

Supporter
Certified
15/10/10
There seems to be so many DSSD models, I've been reading and searching for weeks and still don't really have an answer as to what is the best model. I'm looking to spend up to $300 really. Already ordered an 'ultimate' from Sead but have rejected the first 2 due to the misaligned OGEV text. I'm wondering if I'm best off going for a different model? Thanks in advance for any pointers!!

trevsdad

Renowned Member
5/1/13
I suggest you go for this DSSD v6.1 from Ryan at InTime. Don't fear the movement unless you really crave a higher beat in this model. 5-months later it still keep great time, has a two day reserve, and hardly has a scratch even though it's on my arm 4-days out of the week. Here's my review and photos.

http://forum.replica-watch.info/vb/showthread.php/fantastic-1st-buy-131550

$100 bucs with the crazy fast InTime turnaround. Save the rest of your $$$ for another rep. :cheer:

There seems to be so many DSSD models, I've been reading and searching for weeks and still don't really have an answer as to what is the best model. I'm looking to spend up to $300 really. Already ordered an 'ultimate' from Sead but have rejected the first 2 due to the misaligned OGEV text. I'm wondering if I'm best off going for a different model? Thanks in advance for any pointers!!

lockstock

Supporter
Certified
15/10/10
I suggest you go for this DSSD v6.1 from Ryan at InTime. Don't fear the movement unless you really crave a higher beat in this model. 5-months later it still keep great time, has a two day reserve, and hardly has a scratch even though it's on my arm 4-days out of the week. Here's my review and photos.

http://forum.replica-watch.info/vb/showthread.php/fantastic-1st-buy-131550

$100 bucs with the crazy fast InTime turnaround. Save the rest of your $$$ for another rep. :cheer:

Yeah I really want a High Beat. Any suggestions or shall I just wait in hope that the next batch of the ultimate has even text!?

robino

Horology Curious
1/7/09
i-NPMQD7N-L.jpg

i-JBCPqbr-L.jpg

i-MgCfq7w-L.jpg

ProDivers

Renowned Member
22/9/12
EU
DSSD

Hi everyone, here is DSSD, I have tested it at -60m !!! I dive with it and it's a perfect Poseidon's companion !

michaelkhng

Horology Curious
19/3/13
Bp dssd qc

slideshow

This is the latest QC pic of BP DSSD.

Can anyone comment about the font on the dial? It seems too thick when I comparing with other BP's DSSD. Also the letter on the back look bad.

psychospike

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
5/4/12

The vac built bp factory DSSD on a Gen Rubber B Strap which din last long on my wrist ...

:D:

michaelkhng

Horology Curious
19/3/13
DSC_0284_zps3b6ed8c0.jpg
DSC_0288_zps8b47ef45.jpg
DSC_0287_zps8138315d.jpg
1f96d216-dc16-4963-a012-c213674e7211_zpsd627308b.jpg

This is the latest QC pic of BP DSSD.

Can anyone comment about the font on the dial?

It seems too thick when I comparing with other BP's DSSD. Also the letter on the back look bad.

ThinkBachs

Mythical Poster
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
9/2/09
Can anybody comment about the fonts?
Thanks in advance.

All I know is that I friggin love it!

Lettering on the back is fine, that's plastic covering the back which may make things look distorted.

One thing you must start training yourself to do is Google Image gen shots for comparison. I'll do it for you this time.....

Rolex

DSC_0285_zps5a1dfd25.png

ThinkBachs

Mythical Poster
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
9/2/09
Tell me where you're ordering this from so I can pick one up for myself. Thanks

I'd like to see the HEV on that watch, if I was happy with that I'd take it in a heartbeat!

michaelkhng

Horology Curious
19/3/13
Thanks for ur comment. I actually did quite a lot of research before asking the questions here(I knew the rule).

But what I would like to discuss is the font on the dial such as "official certified" is quite different from Gen and even other BP Dssd. Is this copy a normal one? Or bp factory has started using some other dial?

ThinkBachs

Mythical Poster
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
9/2/09
Thanks for ur comment. I actually did quite a lot of research before asking the questions here(I knew the rule).

But what I would like to discuss is the font on the dial such as "official certified" is quite different from Gen and even other BP Dssd. Is this copy a normal one? Or bp factory has started using some other dial?

This might be more helpful than what you'll find here- it was for me...

http://www.timekeeperforum.com/topi...ws-about-rolex-deepsea-sea-dweller-dials.html