• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

"Official DSSD Club"

DarthAlex

Renowned Member
22/8/10
Alabama
The BGW9 Super luminova is so close to gen it is hard to tell them apart. I have a Gen Deep Sea Bezel and pearl I use for reference and the lume color matches the luminova I use. A white base needs to be put under the lume of the pearl and markers (Rolex does this) which makes the blue a little lighter and brighter. Rep lume as comes on most DSSD's is way too blue. The gen lume is more of an Aqua and it is the brightest of the Luminova colors when it comes to lumen output.

xtreme0209

You're Saying I Can Sell?
9/7/12
The BGW9 Super luminova is so close to gen it is hard to tell them apart. I have a Gen Deep Sea Bezel and pearl I use for reference and the lume color matches the luminova I use. A white base needs to be put under the lume of the pearl and markers (Rolex does this) which makes the blue a little lighter and brighter. Rep lume as comes on most DSSD's is way too blue. The gen lume is more of an Aqua and it is the brightest of the Luminova colors when it comes to lumen output.

DarthAlex - I have been trying to contact you to have my DSSD re-lumed and new pearl. Please let me know the best way to get ahold of you. Thanks

Q5?

Legendary Member
Advisor
29/3/09
Bump! ;)

IMAG0277.jpg

The_WishMasteR

Known Member
10/10/12
Joining the club soon

Just wanted to say that i am in the middle of the buy with sead just waiting for the payment info, and hopefully in a very short time i will be a part of this fantastic club:maty:

toolman

Known Member
7/3/08
Just picked up a BK DSSD from another member on the forum. Put me down for DSSD club membership.

G30

I'm Pretty Popular
12/1/11
Just picked up a BK DSSD from another member on the forum. Put me down for DSSD club membership.

Worthless without pics my friend. ; )

Your "down" when the wristie has been posted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Om3ga_guy

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/12/10
Canada
I recently bought a modified DSSD from a fellow member here. The watch was built using two different watches; one Ultimate DSSD from PT with the thin metal rings on the dial and one from Trevor with the correct 10 Bezel.

The following mods were first done by DarthAlex:

• He kept the base/case of the watch and dial from PT and installed the A2836 movement and correct bezel @10 from Trevor.
  • Full pearl, dial and hands SUPER LUMINOVA BG-W9
  • Custom Pearl modification
  • Water proofing. Gaskets sealed and tested at 200 meters.
  • Matte finish dial

When I purchased the watch the seller sent it back to Darth Alex to take care of a piece of lint on the face and I had him do a couple more:

• Re-brush the bracelet using the correct wheel to match the gen brushing
  • Platinum paint mod on the insert to match gen

The paint mod is the closest to gen I've seen. The color is spot on.

Here are the details:

First a few shots of the watch:

dssdmain.jpg

dssd1.jpg

dssd2.jpg

dssd3.jpg

dssdclose.jpg

dssd4.jpg

Now on to the pearl mod:

dssdpearl3.jpg

dssdpearl.jpg

Lume Shot:

dssdlume.jpg

Here's another in daylight after just being out in the sun:

dssdlume2.jpg

...And here's where it resides today:

dssdwrist.jpg

Thanks to DarthAlex and Cptkirk for a great watch! I'll be sending my blue ceramic sub to DarthAlex soon for lume, pearl and paint mod.

Wow this ones really impressive!

Darth - you really got the DSSD details nailed down dude.

evobatman

You're Saying I Can Sell?
29/8/12
I ordered a Deepsea V7 from one of the TDs, but I am not sure at all if that is what I got. The serial no. on the rehaut is M660304, which some googling seems to reveal to be an old Trevor model. The lume on the dial is green, while the pearl is blue. And also, the bezel insert appears to be made with a very very fine grey grain in it, whereas my submariners ceramic insert is a perfect smooth black. The OGEV/RLS text is slightly askew, it is centered between the ES and CK, and I have never seen that in any picture of any Deepsea rep.

Question is, has anyone ever heard of a bezel insert like that? Where can I get an insert that is perfectly black, like the one on my sub? Why is the dial green? Can the OGEV/RLS text be fixed? And what version rep even is this at all?

Z3BR4

Renowned Member
16/5/12
Interesting.. The watch I posted above has the same serial but all blue lume and a proper bezel color.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Z3BR4

Renowned Member
16/5/12
Hmm.. Definitely has a different pearl and dial than mine. It is hard to tell on the bezel color for me. My Ring Lock and GEV text are bolder as well. Looks like we both have the fatter HEV ring but it's not very noticeable unless you know to look for it. Any Lume shots for comparison? Looks like yours or mine may have been pieced together from different models. Not sure which one though.

Debellum

Old and Famous
Patron
29/6/12
Italy
Hi buddy of DSSD :)

I apologize if I write my post here , sorry mates , but it seems the right thread.
Have deal in a DSSD BK.
But , look at these pictures. :(
DSSD is a BK , modded. :goat:
Beautiful deburres of the letter "G" in the ring....:lol2:
Amazing....................!
A gross error that leads me to having to dismantle everything and repaint.
The price....?
To my humble opinion too much ! :unsure2:
If you did not have this problem would be honest.
But disassemble the clock , to do the work to Wiz , and repeat the test pressure at a cost.
Judged you : http://forum.replica-watch.info/vb/showthread.php/dssd-modded-swiss-121663

At this point , more or less , this is not better....?
With a swiss caliber.

http://www.puretime.co/product/sea-dweller-deepsea-116660-11-316f-best-edition-a2836-superclone/

It cost me half delivered to your home.................... :sharkey:

Please , help me to take a chose........ :cry:

Junio

Z3BR4

Renowned Member
16/5/12
Debellum get the one from olworthers it looks pretty good overall and has better lume. There is no guarantee that what puretime gives you will be better...

Also you've made that same post in other threads, have a little patience. This hobby requires lots of it.

Debellum

Old and Famous
Patron
29/6/12
Italy
Debellum get the one from olworthers it looks pretty good overall and has better lume. There is no guarantee that what puretime gives you will be better...

Also you've made that same post in other threads, have a little patience. This hobby requires lots of it.

OmegaFan

I apologize again , but I wrote that I had already posted. :)
Mine is not hurry....I just want to avoid spending money for a watch that is not worth it.
Sead has the same pattern of Angus.
I have always taken the watches Sead or Torobravo's.
There is a difference between 540$ and 390.... :whistle:
And also one is new , and the other used and with coarse flaws.:angry:
TY for having replyed to me.

Junio

thran

9/7/12
Pictures of the mystery watch: http://imgur.com/a/zx3EM

Kind of intersting on the watch. I noticed that the "e" on the escape doesnt line up with the 12 marker. I do like how the bezel isnt pure white and has some hint of silver sparkle trying to match the gen straight from factory. I also believe the numbers are a bit thin?

just some observations

Z3BR4

Renowned Member
16/5/12
After some closer looking at gen vs rep pictures... I think this is a pretty obvious tell if you're close enough to examine this and are familiar with Rolex. I don't feel this is as obvious as a pearl or misaligned rehaut or OGEV/RLS. Or even thick trim on indices, but if you've got all those things taken care of.. You'll still have to worry about this...

84bDm.png
8fFJt.jpg

Z3BR4

Renowned Member
16/5/12
To clarify, the small serifs on the lettering in "SUPERLATIVE CHRONOMETER OFFICIALLY CERTIFIED" is what I'm talking about. I don't think our rep makers can achieve that kind of precision printing on such small text. I could be wrong though.