• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

"Official DSSD Club"

tranzmizzion

I'm Pretty Popular
16/2/12
Can someone please post a lume shot of a BK/PBDAD modded DSSD. I have a BK DSSD and the lume is more blue / true to the gen per the Rolex website. Just want to make sure before I send my watch off to PBDAD that the lume is still blue and correct to gen.

I was concerned about the greenish looking tint of pbdad's lume job, when I got mine back, comparing it to pics it's pretty close to me, stock seems too blue.

pbdad:

Untitled.jpg

I also see some variance on google images as well, from bluer to greener,

xtreme0209

You're Saying I Can Sell?
9/7/12
Watch looks great - but correct me if I am wrong but itsnt the Gen DSSD much more blue in lume?

tranzmizzion

I'm Pretty Popular
16/2/12
Watch looks great - but correct me if I am wrong but itsnt the Gen DSSD much more blue in lume?

I've searched and searched on this, and i've seen pics of gens that are greener, and gens that are bluer, IRL this thing glows more blue than the camera captures.

xtreme0209

9/7/12
I've searched and searched on this, and i've seen pics of gens that are greener, and gens that are bluer, IRL this thing glows more blue than the camera captures.

Yeah i would agree that the camera prob distorts the color a bit. have you looked at the rolex website, clicked on the DSSD link, then clicked on the blue luminescnce link? you can drag your mouse over the watch and it will illuminate with a deep blue color. that is the point i am trying to get to. let me know what you think and how well that matches up to your lume job. regardless of how correct the color is to gen, the lume on your watch is amazing. i am truly jealous

tranzmizzion

I'm Pretty Popular
16/2/12
Yeah i would agree that the camera prob distorts the color a bit. have you looked at the rolex website, clicked on the DSSD link, then clicked on the blue luminescnce link? you can drag your mouse over the watch and it will illuminate with a deep blue color. that is the point i am trying to get to. let me know what you think and how well that matches up to your lume job. regardless of how correct the color is to gen, the lume on your watch is amazing. i am truly jealous

yeah, it's enhanced, I've seen real ones in the wild and they are not that blue....

tranzmizzion

I'm Pretty Popular
16/2/12
Wow - impressive. thanks for the picture. that thing glows like a torch btw! watch looks great!

Thanks, I didn't charge it, just killed the lights. pbdad does great work. I don't know what it is, but i think some cameras (like my iphone 5 camera), interperets the indigo greener than seen in real life....

xtreme0209

9/7/12
What all did you have PBDAD do? That is a BK DSSD correct? When did you have all of this done. I have a stock BK DSSD trying to decide what mods to have done. Feel free to PM me if you would like instead of posting. Sorry for all the questions. Just trying not to make a mistake with what i do with the watch.

tranzmizzion

I'm Pretty Popular
16/2/12
Mines an "ultimate corrected 10 swiss movement" etc...

I had a very loose bezel and had him tighten it the best he could (pretty good now), and do his "non bk works package" I think bk has some of this already done.

-relume including full stripping of the old lume
-pearl mod
-single AR
-BK dwo
-paint mods to insert and ringlock text
-satin dial varnish
-braclet buffing and rebrushing
-sealing hev
-pressure testing to 4-5atm

xtreme0209

9/7/12
Mines an "ultimate corrected 10 swiss movement" etc...

I had a very loose bezel and had him tighten it the best he could (pretty good now), and do his "non bk works package" I think bk has some of this already done.

-relume including full stripping of the old lume
-pearl mod
-single AR
-BK dwo
-paint mods to insert and ringlock text
-satin dial varnish
-braclet buffing and rebrushing
-sealing hev
-pressure testing to 4-5atm

Great - thank you. Overal, satisfied with the watch? From the pictures it loos gorgeous!

tranzmizzion

I'm Pretty Popular
16/2/12
Great - thank you. Overal, satisfied with the watch? From the pictures it loos gorgeous!

yup it looks great. If I did it again, I'd probably do the pearl, and the lume and skip the rest, the pearl to me is the biggest tell.

xtreme0209

9/7/12
yup it looks great. If I did it again, I'd probably do the pearl, and the lume and skip the rest, the pearl to me is the biggest tell.

I agree 100% with you. I literally am thinking the exact same thing. I Was planning on getting pearl, lume, single a/r, and bracelet refinish. Can you tell the difference with single a/r and bracelet, and is it worth it in your opinion?

Thanks again - you are being a HUGE help!

tranzmizzion

I'm Pretty Popular
16/2/12
single ar yes, bracelet, meh.... When I got it back I decided to take out the diver extension so I needed to add a couple links, I lost em and had to use ones from a submariner I had. I cant see the difference really. but maybe those links were already refinished?

anyway all his work is great, I guess it's how anal you want to get. but on the wrist in public, the pearl is the biggest thing imo.

xtreme0209

9/7/12
single ar yes, bracelet, meh.... When I got it back I decided to take out the diver extension so I needed to add a couple links, I lost em and had to use ones from a submariner I had. I cant see the difference really. but maybe those links were already refinished?

anyway all his work is great, I guess it's how anal you want to get. but on the wrist in public, the pearl is the biggest thing imo.

Yep - spot on I agree with you 100% regarding the pearl. PBDAD's pearl seems to be the best out there - also DarthAlex looks pretty great too. Have you done a gen comparion with your watch?

tranzmizzion

I'm Pretty Popular
16/2/12
Yep - spot on I agree with you 100% regarding the pearl. PBDAD's pearl seems to be the best out there - also DarthAlex looks pretty great too. Have you done a gen comparion with your watch?

I did, I could spot the differences, the owner of the gen could not, he walked away with a rep for a couple hours. ;)

xtreme0209

9/7/12
I did, I could spot the differences, the owner of the gen could not, he walked away with a rep for a couple hours. ;)

Pretty impressive! That is great to hear! Thanks so much. Feel free to take some pics haha j/k - but if you feel the need. I would love to see some more! Have a great day!