• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

"Official DSSD Club"

jnrandall

Horology Curious
15/6/12
Got my Noobfactory Deepsea Sea Dweller from BK in mid July. It came with the usual mods;
- Serial number is V646829.
- Latest version of bezel insert i.e. it has centered "10", larger, whiter, bolder numbers than v3's and v4's
-Custom date wheel overlay which has the correct font size and font style esp. 3, 2.
- ETA 2836-2 (commonly called Swiss ETA 2836-2 by other dealers) OR Swiss Sellita SW-220
- Fully pressed crystal, seal HEV
- Lined up the 12 o'clock marker to the engraved coronent on the rehaut engraving
- Pressure tested to 3ATM

Then a couple of weeks ago I decided I wanted the PBDAD mods too. I got the works:
- Relumed
- Pearl mod
- Enamel mod package to insert and rehaut ring lock text
- Single AR
- Satin dial finish
- Seal hev
- Bracelet work
- Pressure tested to 5ATM

I am impatient so I opted for the Expedited service. Got my watch back in 2 weeks.

Thank you BK and PBDAD!

116600.jpg

mch2112

Renowned Member
24/3/12
California
How do you like the satin dial? That's the one mod I'm conflicted about.

Got my Noobfactory Deepsea Sea Dweller from BK in mid July. It came with the usual mods;
- Serial number is V646829.
- Latest version of bezel insert i.e. it has centered "10", larger, whiter, bolder numbers than v3's and v4's
-Custom date wheel overlay which has the correct font size and font style esp. 3, 2.
- ETA 2836-2 (commonly called Swiss ETA 2836-2 by other dealers) OR Swiss Sellita SW-220
- Fully pressed crystal, seal HEV
- Lined up the 12 o'clock marker to the engraved coronent on the rehaut engraving
- Pressure tested to 3ATM

Then a couple of weeks ago I decided I wanted the PBDAD mods too. I got the works:
- Relumed
- Pearl mod
- Enamel mod package to insert and rehaut ring lock text
- Single AR
- Satin dial finish
- Seal hev
- Bracelet work
- Pressure tested to 5ATM

I am impatient so I opted for the Expedited service. Got my watch back in 2 weeks.

Thank you BK and PBDAD!

116600.jpg

jnrandall

Horology Curious
15/6/12
I really like it. You really can't tell that much unless in direct lighting.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

mr2guysingh

You're Saying I Can Sell?
28/8/12
Got my WBK DSSD today.

Lume is not as bright as I was expecting, think my first mod might be a re-lume :)

fK9YT.jpg

gcwIl.jpg

ThinkBachs

Mythical Poster
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
9/2/09
I think my next project will look something like this....

Custom-DSSD-Satin-Polished.jpg

TheBattler

26/7/10
That Daytona Dweller looks pretty good.

Needs tachy markings on the ringlock to make it perfect.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk 2

mikeross

8/9/12
Can anyone give me some insight on this watch...

http://www.1-pc8838.com/000rlsd00088-deep-dweller-asia-3135-p-8307

I am owed a refund from Josh @ perfect clones. I was patiently waiting for my refund when I stumbled across this thread. So now I want a DSSD and Josh has the watch in the link in stock.

The refund will pay for the above watch but it seems very pricey compared to what others are paying. Would this be a better option, its considerably cheaper and I honestly can't spot the differences other then the movement.

http://www.1-pc8838.com/rlsd10017-deep-dweller-black-asian-2836-best-p-5414

Which is considered a more reliable movement, 3135 or 2836? I do plan to have the watch serviced down the road if that makes a difference in choice.

Just not sure which watch I should go for. I have enough in refund to pay for the pricier one but not sure if its worth it. I could always bank the difference and use it for another purchase from perfect clones. Are the added mods on the watch in the first link really going to blow me away in person.

I am very new to the rep world and watches in general. Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks gentlemen:cheers:

EDIT- Are these two watches identical minus the movement?

foottty

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
3/10/12
Does any of the REP DEEPSEA have the rolex etch at the 6 position? Not the type that stares you in the face when your not even looking for it, but you have to tilt at an angle to see it properly? Thanks.

foottty

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
3/10/12
I have the DLC jacques piccard edition, do not like the center case back. can i get any 116660 REP case back and replace it? Thanks

xtreme0209

9/7/12
Can someone please post a lume shot of a BK/PBDAD modded DSSD. I have a BK DSSD and the lume is more blue / true to the gen per the Rolex website. Just want to make sure before I send my watch off to PBDAD that the lume is still blue and correct to gen.

mch2112

Renowned Member
24/3/12
California
Does any of the REP DEEPSEA have the rolex etch at the 6 position? Not the type that stares you in the face when your not even looking for it, but you have to tilt at an angle to see it properly? Thanks.

Mine do both. Very hard to spot, seems quite accurate. This for both a BK and a PVD (both are based on Noobs I think).

ci1031

4/5/10
New DSSD (Pic Heavy)

I recently bought a modified DSSD from a fellow member here. The watch was built using two different watches; one Ultimate DSSD from PT with the thin metal rings on the dial and one from Trevor with the correct 10 Bezel.

The following mods were first done by DarthAlex:

• He kept the base/case of the watch and dial from PT and installed the A2836 movement and correct bezel @10 from Trevor.
  • Full pearl, dial and hands SUPER LUMINOVA BG-W9
  • Custom Pearl modification
  • Water proofing. Gaskets sealed and tested at 200 meters.
  • Matte finish dial

When I purchased the watch the seller sent it back to Darth Alex to take care of a piece of lint on the face and I had him do a couple more:

• Re-brush the bracelet using the correct wheel to match the gen brushing
  • Platinum paint mod on the insert to match gen

The paint mod is the closest to gen I've seen. The color is spot on.

Here are the details:

First a few shots of the watch:

dssdmain.jpg

dssd1.jpg

dssd2.jpg

dssd3.jpg

dssdclose.jpg

dssd4.jpg

Now on to the pearl mod:

dssdpearl3.jpg

dssdpearl.jpg

Lume Shot:

dssdlume.jpg

Here's another in daylight after just being out in the sun:

dssdlume2.jpg

...And here's where it resides today:

dssdwrist.jpg

Thanks to DarthAlex and Cptkirk for a great watch! I'll be sending my blue ceramic sub to DarthAlex soon for lume, pearl and paint mod.