• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

"Official DSSD Club"

Q5?

Legendary Member
Advisor
29/3/09
I miss wearing one .. :(

DSCN2799.jpg

DSC02429.jpg

DSC02440b.jpg

P6210158.jpg

Warrenpiece13

10/1/11
Thanks alot! I just opened up the back for the first time opening any watch. I'm going to try and seal up the HEV tomorrow morn. I do need a little help finding the crown stem release though?

DarthAlex

Renowned Member
22/8/10
Alabama
stemreleaseeta.jpg

Use a screw driver if you have one to depress the little button. Choose one just small enough to fit the slot. This will limit how far downward the release can be pushed. Using something with a point can knock the keyless works out of alignment requiring the face and hands to be removed to rectify.

(I have had to do this more than once)

When you reinsert the stem, dont force it. I like to depress the release button and press the stem back in while gently twisting it...it slips right in that way.

While you are at it you can go to Lowes and get some Gunk silicone grease from the plumbing section. Comes in a little round container...use that to lube the gaskets while you have the stem out, there are three. One inside the stem tube, one inside the crown, and one on the outside of the stem tube. Also grease the gasket on the case back and that should make your watch water tight. I tested my DSSD to 16 ATM (160 Meters or approx 530 ft) and I beleive it could do much better than that. So long as your crystal is properly pressed with no issues with the crystal gasket, it should be just as water tight.

Warrenpiece13

10/1/11
Thanks, I saw that pic before but I couldn't find it when I actually opened up the case back. I'll give it another look see and give it a wing!

ThinkBachs

Mythical Poster
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
9/2/09
Very nice- where'd you get this from? Excellent RINGLOCK engraving and crystal on this. :)

Bigbear

You're Saying I Can Sell?
6/10/09
Thanks guys.... lume from w@tchlume... and watch from Hont while my buddy was in cn.