• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

"Official DSSD Club"

SpootyPuff

I'm Pretty Popular
19/6/10
the pearl is around 2,2 mm diameter or so, it actually sits in a hole in te ceramic insert, but only with a 1mm thick "foot" in a 1mm hole, if you want to move the pearl, you will have to enlarge the hole....I belive doing anything to that ceramic will be near impossible, I tried it, but if anyone has info on a suitable drill for it, please let me know. that way I will finally get my dssd pearl installed on a insert :)

Word! Are there any tutorials on taking the pearl off from a ceramic? I'm not wanting to yank it off ....unless that's how its done. I'll probably just cut off the feet and cement glue the sucker smack dab in the middle :)

Exploder

I'm Pretty Popular
23/3/08
2.jpg

Wow! That's a really nice find ThinkBachs - Congrats! ;) Looks fantastic in rose gold and that pearl really pops out. I mean really. It's going to poke somebody's eye out one day. :facepalm:

Cheers, Xplodr

pilworx

alien member
8/2/09
a beauty shot of my membership "card"
see my collection thread link in my sig, i've updated with new pics.

DSSD.jpg

ThinkBachs

Mythical Poster
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
9/2/09
The ABYSS: A Vintage DSSD by Pb Dad

Pb Dad has created a Vintage DSSD called The ABYSS, which to some may be an abomination, others an inspiration, and to a few like myself, a work of art. Submitted for your approval, the art...

The Details

Standard features:

• Swiss ETA motor
  • Case completely softened and lugs rounded off.
  • Lugs drilled and faux 2mm springbar tips rounded and mounted.
  • Bezel coin edged by hand
  • Superdome plexi crystal
  • Hands aged and "brassified"
  • Bezel insert hand painted and aged
  • Custom aged "tritium" pearl
  • Dial aged and indices colored
  • Pointy crown guards
  • bezel ratchet mech removed to it a free spin

Optional features:

• Seconds hand enameled in white and aged
  • Date window shaved, additional marker added, and "oyster perpetual date" text removed
  • Relumed in vintage "tritium" or "radium"
  • Crown guards shaved completely off
  • Domed plexi display caseback
  • Destro
  • DSN 8mm crown with either Rolex Brev or Brevet + markings
  • Aged bracelet

LL-4.jpg

L1020213.jpg

L1020206.jpg

L1020205.jpg

L1020202.jpg

L1020200.jpg

L1020199.jpg

L1020198.jpg

abyss.jpg

ABWR-7.jpg

ABN2-3.jpg

ABN1-5.jpg

ABN1-2.jpg

ABLW2.jpg

ABLW1.jpg

daz8161 just posted some of his Pb Dad inspired Vintage DSSD which I like a lot!

Well it all started with Pbdads Abyss, when i first seen it I was in awe! I really wanted one and decided I would try make one of my own. It took a very long time to complete but I am very happy with the results.

I started with a V5 Dssd and did the following mods:

• Shaved off CG's
  • Aged bezel and did the coin edge treatment
  • Fitted Rolex Brevet crown
  • Aged case
  • Sealed HEV
  • Aged dial and sealed with matt lacquer
  • Aged hands
  • Aged datewheel
  • Had movement serviced in Hong Kong while I was on holiday
  • Fitted high dome plexi
  • Had a plexi installed into the titanium caseback
  • Customized a Nato strap so the movement can still be seen
g.jpg

d-1.jpg

c-1.jpg

b-1.jpg

a-1.jpg

Love the riveted bracelet idea! Something I thought I could never have on a DSSD- guess I wasn't thinking outside the box enough. :( The "coin edge treatment" is brilliant! As far as the lume goes, I'd keep in mind the new Vintage Lume from W@tchlume.

GC

I'm Pretty Popular
1/2/10
I couldn't agree more... I like the Abyss a lot!

just look at them...i mean it, makes me feel are warm and cozy
ABWR-7.jpg

ThinkBachs

Mythical Poster
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
9/2/09
Just found these Gen photos of a satinized DLC DSSD that I thought I'd share...

dlc5.jpg
dlc4.jpg
dlc3.jpg

dlc2.jpg
dlc.jpg

eastwood

Horology Curious
24/7/10
Join the club

Well thats me joined the club.Received my DSSD today from BK.What can I say it is totally stunning.Once I have figured out how to post a picture I will get one uploaded asap.Does anyone know where I could get a rolex box to go with my new watch?

Exploder

I'm Pretty Popular
23/3/08
Robert aka T4D released a new DSSD on the market today, look here. So experts, what's the verdict? Any comments? Bezel, date window, ring lock engraving, HE valve, pearl, lume?

OK THIS IS NEW FROM THE MILGUASS FACTORY

TO SET THE RECORDS STRAIGHT WE DIDN'T BUY A GEN DSSD AND SUPPLY THE FACTORY WITH IT TO COPY 1-1 SIDE BY SIDE!!

WHAT WE DID DO WAS ASK PROMINENT MEMBERS WITH A PARTICULAR INTEREST IN ROLEX WHAT COULD BE IMPROVED ON THE CURRENT 21J DSSD WE SELL

THE GENERAL OPINION WAS NEW BEZEL WITH 10 CENTERED AND A MOVEMENT RUNNING AT 28800BPH

SO WE ASKED THE FACTORY LAST WEEK TO DO THIS FOR US AND THE WATCH YOU SEE LISTED IS THE RESULT.

Exploder

I'm Pretty Popular
23/3/08
Before you do anything, wait for the review I'm doing on Time4Direct's DSSD! Working on it now....

Damn, damn, damn, I ordered one from Trevor a week ago. Maybe should have waited for this one and your review?

Cheers, Xplodr

ThinkBachs

Mythical Poster
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
9/2/09
Damn, damn, damn, I ordered one from Trevor a week ago. Maybe should have waited for this one and your review?

Cheers, Xplodr

Not my fault, I only found out about it this morning, then he posted the pics shortly thereafter. :(

You're not going to be happy after you've read the review. Hurry up an sell it on RG, then get this one! :)

Exploder

I'm Pretty Popular
23/3/08
Not my fault, I only found out about it this morning, then he posted the pics shortly thereafter. :(

You're not going to be happy after you've read the review. Hurry up an sell it on RG, then get this one! :)

Haha, it hasn't even arrived yet and I think I have to read your review first! Definitely looking forward to reading it! Hurry! :)

ThinkBachs

Mythical Poster
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
9/2/09
It's done, I edited the post above. Here, this will make you feel better...

ABWR-7.jpg

Ahhhhhh... all better. :p