• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

"Official DSSD Club"

injector

You're Saying I Can Sell?
29/3/22
So this is a supposed to be a BK DSSD based on Noob factory model as far as I was told.

How does it really look to your experienced eyes?

Also anybody who can advise where i can source a bracelet from?

SELs typical problem with the gap

merkon

2/10/22
SELs typical problem with the gap
I'm looking for a new bracelet anyway, any recommendations on where to source it from?

Also I'm not sure if the inner bezel looks as it should compared to the gen...
I think the letters and the words "OGEV" and "RLS" should be more thick?

StrangwaysAtoll

31/5/22
Jamaica
Do you gents have any issues removing the bracelet? Seems my Bergeron 7825 and the Chinese knockoff are having difficulties getting those stubborn pins out. So much for dropping some change on a Swiss tool. 😆

Jack423

Horology Curious
20/1/14

jg3456

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
31/7/12
Denver, CO
What's the thought on the DSSD Noob V10?
In my opinion best of all but need pick your flaws among noob/ARF and others. Fantastic dial--vibrant blue and green, correct hand length, great lume..caseback is painted (not titanium) which peels off if you care about this...they say ARF bracelet superior... noob V10 likely not available unless new old stock (also doubtful).

Jack423

Horology Curious
20/1/14
Thanks for the info, I didn't realize it was a painted caseback. That is something that would bother me. The only other ones I've seen on the market are the ARF, APF, AP+R, or the V9F. Do you know if the ARF has a painted caseback?

Jack423

Horology Curious
20/1/14
Thanks for the info, I didn't realize it was a painted caseback. That is something that would bother me. The only other ones I've seen on the market are the ARF, APF, AP+R, or the V9F. Do you know if the ARF has a painted caseback?

jg3456

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
31/7/12
Denver, CO
ARF is titanium!

Reactions: Jack423

RobSe1

goes Deepsea
Supporter
Certified
23/6/17
imo ARF is the best way to go. But ARF is closed and watches are barely available M2M.

Reactions: Jack423

SS72

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
27/9/12
Australia
The ARF 116600 Blue v2 with SH135 - that's the one I'm always on the lookout for. Bloody Unicorn.

The CGs are good on the v2, and everything else on it is pretty damn good IMO. Put gen hands on. Done.

Reactions: Gill777

SS72

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
27/9/12
Australia
H All,

Got this about a year ago:

3D6Xsi.png

Noob V7 - great watch -
Two things puzels me though:

1- The crown comes to an absolute stop when screwing it in - with one exception all the divers I have handled have had some som of play - meaning
you can twist it a notch if you wat to.

2- The bezel can sometimes be pushed a little bit down towards the case -

Have anyone similar experiences with either crown or bezel on Noob´s DSSD's

Answers - thoughts much appreciated
My Noob v7 116600 just started doing what you've described in point 1. I had a Seagull movement installed in mid-late last year and just last week, after setting the time/date, I went to screw the crown it. It did 2 turns and stopped dead. If I pull it out again, and push the crown down and tiny bit (towards the bottom lug) and then in, it clicks in and then screws in all the way. Otherwise, the watch is operating normally and the timegrapher suggest it's healthy.

merkon

2/10/22
Anybody knows where I can find a new bracelet for a 116660? It's a BKLM built if that makes it any different
I've been looking for a bracelet for 2 months now, bought one on etsy and it was bad quality so returned it back

aus_wolfie

Patron
Gold Patron
Certified
13/7/21
Australia
The ARF 116600 Blue v2 with SH135 - that's the one I'm always on the lookout for. Bloody Unicorn.

The CGs are good on the v2, and everything else on it is pretty damn good IMO. Put gen hands on. Done.

@SS72

Drop @dadog13 a line

It's marked "withdrawn" but he's a Pam man and he did say it was an isolated Rolex that would either sell or just put back in the box if it didn't

jpchub

Renowned Member
7/12/18
Cape Town
Folks, I am in need of info please. A mate of mine is interested in a 126660. I have very little experience with these and after trying to learn more the last two days I feel I still don't know much more. What I gathered was the ARF seems good to go. He's happy to take the a2824 as he is in quite a rural area and it would be easier to have a 2824 fixed/serviced rather than a 3235. Now my TD tells me the ARF is definitely off the table. I knew they were closed, but figured I might get lucky. So TD suggested the CSF. Is there anyone here with experience with this new factory? Is the VR3235 stable enough now a days? Any other factories someone could recommend?

SS72

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
27/9/12
Australia
Folks, I am in need of info please. A mate of mine is interested in a 126660. I have very little experience with these and after trying to learn more the last two days I feel I still don't know much more. What I gathered was the ARF seems good to go. He's happy to take the a2824 as he is in quite a rural area and it would be easier to have a 2824 fixed/serviced rather than a 3235. Now my TD tells me the ARF is definitely off the table. I knew they were closed, but figured I might get lucky. So TD suggested the CSF. Is there anyone here with experience with this new factory? Is the VR3235 stable enough now a days? Any other factories someone could recommend?
I've been looking for a good 126660 (black or blue) for a while. The best of the lot, IMO, at the moment is the Noob v10, if it's still available. However, it has the A3235 movement, which is just a decorated copy of the 2836, I believe. I personally would not bother with one of those. Also, the Noob case back is painted, not Titanium.

I don't know anything about the other factories, but looking at the images of those watches, the dial print is not good, the cases are incorrect, as are the bracelets (wrong width at the lugs right down to the clasp). They appear to be an 116660 with a 126660 dial.

You can buy VR movements for an average of $100 USD from AliExpress and other markets. But swapping them out is the challenge, if you aren't capable of doing it and there is no one nearby who you trust.

I'm holding out for M2M ARF sales, or for VSF to tackle the DSSD.