No announcement yet.

"Official DSSD Club"

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

should of just swapped the markers out on the trevor insert, I think noobs font is way better.

Comment

Originally posted by 2jedi0, post: 1570731
      WBK version
      "ask and ye shall receive, seek and ye shall find, knock, and it shall be opened unto you."

sigpic

Comment

New Face required for DSSD please

Hi,

I am new to this forum,
        I recently got a DSSD rep - as a gift from someone who I did a favour for,
        I like the watch - it feels good on my arm, keep good time - and looks the part..
        all except for a detail which is missing on the face, as per the pic..
        It does not say DEEP SEA, as per the oriinal...
        I am new to anything Rolex, although I own 15 watches, the most valuable being a
        Omega - Seamaster .. which is 15 years old , next a Tissot Ttouch -- the rest are Gshocks,
        Timex, Police, Ingersol --- So I have no cluse how to rectify the error..

I would like to know if anyone here can pont me to where I could buy a updated face, with the correct lume, and markings, - I can have it fitted, buy my brother in law, he is a Goldsmith and Jeweller.
        Here is my DSSD - Minus Deep sea....

Comment

Here you go: http://www.repgeek.com/showthread.ph...rts ( Package)

Comment

thanks,,,Just, for info ,,
            I'm in S.A., if any one here has info for S.A. ... Re above .. Let me know

Comment

Don't remember if I ever posted these here, but here's my DSSD ultimate Franken. Don't think you can get any closer to gen than to get a real one! Case is custom modded to fit the gen bezel, click mech, springs, etc. A lot of other mods were done to get every detail right.

Hope you enjoy the pics, but plz, no PM's if I'm willing to sell it, i've been offered $3500 before and passed -- this one means to much to me to sell it. Over 2 years of work went into crafting her.

Comment

Anyone know if Rolex made a DSSD without the Deep sea on the face\diL?

Comment

Originally posted by GAS ESCAPE 0007, post: 1579639
                  Anyone know if Rolex made a DSSD without the Deep sea on the face\diL?

no they did not.

your best bet would be to invest in a new one. they have come a long way since the one you have was made. yours is likely a 21j and has more issues than just the dial. for ~$200 you can purchase one from a td that will have correct dial, nice pearl, good lume, and an a2836 movement which will give you that lovely sweep seconds.

it would, in my opinion, be a better investment than a new dial with superlume, as you would also then need hands and a bezel pearl to match.

inTime $198(i have this one, wear it daily)
                  http://forum.replica-watch.info/vb/s...dweller-120712

Sead $259 but has newest insert with better triangle and pearl, superlumed.
                  http://forum.replica-watch.info/vb/s...updated-127724

Trevor $218
                  http://v.yupoo.com/photos/trevorwatch/albums/3848307/

those are a few on offer, but any td can get you what you want, just email them.

Comment

why havent they made a dssd with the new mark II/III face

Comment

Bum .... My watch

Bum

Comment

Originally posted by michaelkhng, post: 1450326
                        What factory is this version from? The triangle looks so close to gen. Not too round like Noob, not too flat like Trevor's.

And any advice on getting a bezel insert with an original looking triangle on top would be appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by slowokan, post: 1622506
                          What factory is this version from? The triangle looks so close to gen. Not too round like Noob, not too flat like Trevor's.

this is from Bp factory.. it's visible by insert ( see number "2" and "3" )...

Comment

Originally posted by benjji, post: 1622555
                            this is from Bp factory.. it's visible by insert ( see number "2" and "3" )...
                            Thanks, benjji..

So, you think that insert looks ok, or far from gen? The triangle looks better than other reps, to me.

Comment

Originally posted by slowokan, post: 1622560
                              Thanks, benjji..

So, you think that insert looks ok, or far from gen? The triangle looks better than other reps, to me.

Bp bezel is closest to gen than noob, we all know it ( but only as look.. this is not properly deep and color is not veryplatinum - but insert paint is a problem for all replicas..

noob has best dial .. marker ring are thiker

for me the best is noob rep + bp insert + paint modd.. but i'm not sure bp insert fit in..

if I do not want to make changes, I'd go with bp...
                              this on CQ is nice

Comment

Thanks benjji...

I will ask BK, for your best arrangement, noob rep + bp insert + paint mod. Sounds sensible.

Comment

Working...
                                X