"Official DSSD Club"

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by xtreme0209, post: 1157632
    Can someone please post a lume shot of a BK/PBDAD modded DSSD. I have a BK DSSD and the lume is more blue / true to the gen per the Rolex website. Just want to make sure before I send my watch off to PBDAD that the lume is still blue and correct to gen.

I was concerned about the greenish looking tint of pbdad's lume job, when I got mine back, comparing it to pics it's pretty close to me, stock seems too blue.

pbdad:

I also see some variance on google images as well, from bluer to greener,

Comment

Watch looks great - but correct me if I am wrong but itsnt the Gen DSSD much more blue in lume?

Comment

Originally posted by xtreme0209, post: 1158374
        Watch looks great - but correct me if I am wrong but itsnt the Gen DSSD much more blue in lume?

I've searched and searched on this, and i've seen pics of gens that are greener, and gens that are bluer, IRL this thing glows more blue than the camera captures.

Comment

I will be rejoining the club with a DSSD soon!
          WTB Omega LMPO
          WTB WBK Omega SMPc blue wave dial
          WTB TC 16600 LN Extreme
          WTC TV 16610 LV Extreme

Comment

Originally posted by tranzmizzion, post: 1158397
            I've searched and searched on this, and i've seen pics of gens that are greener, and gens that are bluer, IRL this thing glows more blue than the camera captures.
            Yeah i would agree that the camera prob distorts the color a bit. have you looked at the rolex website, clicked on the DSSD link, then clicked on the blue luminescnce link? you can drag your mouse over the watch and it will illuminate with a deep blue color. that is the point i am trying to get to. let me know what you think and how well that matches up to your lume job. regardless of how correct the color is to gen, the lume on your watch is amazing. i am truly jealous

Comment

Originally posted by xtreme0209, post: 1158453
              Yeah i would agree that the camera prob distorts the color a bit. have you looked at the rolex website, clicked on the DSSD link, then clicked on the blue luminescnce link? you can drag your mouse over the watch and it will illuminate with a deep blue color. that is the point i am trying to get to. let me know what you think and how well that matches up to your lume job. regardless of how correct the color is to gen, the lume on your watch is amazing. i am truly jealous

yeah, it's enhanced, I've seen real ones in the wild and they are not that blue....

Comment

Originally posted by tranzmizzion, post: 1158464
                yeah, it's enhanced, I've seen real ones in the wild and they are not that blue....
                Agreed - i dont want to keep beating a dead horse. but what ar eyour thoughts on this:

http://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=238176

Comment

Originally posted by xtreme0209, post: 1158469
                  Agreed - i dont want to keep beating a dead horse. but what ar eyour thoughts on this:

http://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=238176

This is what I says about it....

taken just now.

Comment

Originally posted by tranzmizzion, post: 1158477
                    This is what I says about it....

taken just now.
                    Wow - impressive. thanks for the picture. that thing glows like a torch btw! watch looks great!

Comment

finally got mine, it's now my daily. eventually gonna get it relumed and change the bezel insert but it's lovely as is for now.

Comment

Originally posted by xtreme0209, post: 1158479
                        Wow - impressive. thanks for the picture. that thing glows like a torch btw! watch looks great!

Thanks, I didn't charge it, just killed the lights. pbdad does great work. I don't know what it is, but i think some cameras (like my iphone 5 camera), interperets the indigo greener than seen in real life....

Comment

What all did you have PBDAD do? That is a BK DSSD correct? When did you have all of this done. I have a stock BK DSSD trying to decide what mods to have done. Feel free to PM me if you would like instead of posting. Sorry for all the questions. Just trying not to make a mistake with what i do with the watch.

Comment

Mines an "ultimate corrected 10 swiss movement" etc...

I had a very loose bezel and had him tighten it the best he could (pretty good now), and do his "non bk works package" I think bk has some of this already done.

-relume including full stripping of the old lume
                            -pearl mod
                            -single AR
                            -BK dwo
                            -paint mods to insert and ringlock text
                            -satin dial varnish
                            -braclet buffing and rebrushing
                            -sealing hev
                            -pressure testing to 4-5atm

Comment

Originally posted by tranzmizzion, post: 1158522
                              Mines an "ultimate corrected 10 swiss movement" etc...

I had a very loose bezel and had him tighten it the best he could (pretty good now), and do his "non bk works package" I think bk has some of this already done.

-relume including full stripping of the old lume
                              -pearl mod
                              -single AR
                              -BK dwo
                              -paint mods to insert and ringlock text
                              -satin dial varnish
                              -braclet buffing and rebrushing
                              -sealing hev
                              -pressure testing to 4-5atm
                              Great - thank you. Overal, satisfied with the watch? From the pictures it loos gorgeous!

Comment

Originally posted by xtreme0209, post: 1158617
                                Great - thank you. Overal, satisfied with the watch? From the pictures it loos gorgeous!

yup it looks great. If I did it again, I'd probably do the pearl, and the lume and skip the rest, the pearl to me is the biggest tell.

Comment

Working...
                                X