• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

"Official DSSD Club"

jerezblack

You're Saying I Can Sell?
6/9/11
benjji, I have the gen insert and bezel. The gen insert won't fit onto the noob bezel. The insert and bezel was just at the right time and moment for my case. I don't know how hard or easy it is to obtain these items, I just got lucky. The cost of the insert and bezel will run you about 625 then it will cost you more money to mill out the watch to the correct spec to accept the bezel. The only reason why I went with the gen bezel and insert is all the rep watches doesn't cut it and with the insert being legit, you have pretty much a 99% gen like rep at a fraction of the cost.

It is the same case with the subs, get the gen insert and you are good to go.

benjji

I'm Pretty Popular
2/7/13
benjji, I have the gen insert and bezel. The gen insert won't fit onto the noob bezel. The insert and bezel was just at the right time and moment for my case. I don't know how hard or easy it is to obtain these items, I just got lucky. The cost of the insert and bezel will run you about 625 then it will cost you more money to mill out the watch to the correct spec to accept the bezel. The only reason why I went with the gen bezel and insert is all the rep watches doesn't cut it and with the insert being legit, you have pretty much a 99% gen like rep at a fraction of the cost.

It is the same case with the subs, get the gen insert and you are good to go.

+1
My dream is gen dssd bezel .. since dssd bezel is wider than sub, therefore it is very observed from the people who watch your rep.

I believe it constitutes 80% of successful of the watch ... but it is hard to find ... I would give up to $ 700 for it !
if you know some sites that sell it and you can insert links, thanks :D:

Omega88

I'm Pretty Popular
19/3/11
Hi Guys,

Haven touch on DSSD for long time but saw this TimeShop DSSD. Looks very cool and gen like. May I know is this the best DSSD rep currently available in the market?

Looks like the "Original Gas escape valve" is printed instead of engraving, big maxi super lume dial looks gen like. Casing shaping slightly abit off but still accceptable. The bezel numeral looks quite spot on except the triangle pearl base.

ro13398--deep-sea-black-super-lume-ss-asian-3135.jpg

idemis

Horology Curious
4/9/13
it is the bp factory DSSD, ....some of them (as the one in the picture) have th following 'problems' the phrase Original Gas Escape Valve is not well placed (the word Escape and especially the letter E is not over 12 o'clock sharp)plus the border under the word Original is not equal to the one under the word Valve.
The same apply for the words at the bottom

Other stock of it is ok though.
It has the best out of the box pearl and the most gen like bezel (thicker numbers, more rectangular 3)

benjji

I'm Pretty Popular
2/7/13
+1
yes BP SD has better bezel, close to gen than noob.. with good paint modd it would be good rep.

this below is Bp with platinum paint modd of bezel .. nicee

IMG_1040_zps067e8599.jpg

IMG_1100_zpsc7a8c9f1.jpg

je302

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
29/9/12
Sunshine State
I just purchased a pre-owned DSSD on the forum. Excellent watch, Im very happy with it. Just wondering, where can I get a BP bezel insert? It looks more like GEN than the one I have, mine has the skinnier font. Im a newb so not sure how to get the bezel to do this mod. Also is it something I could do on my own? fairly easy? Thanks for any info.

User_Error

Renowned Member
18/5/11
Middle of Nowhere, Kansas
I just purchased a pre-owned DSSD on the forum. Excellent watch, Im very happy with it. Just wondering, where can I get a BP bezel insert? It looks more like GEN than the one I have, mine has the skinnier font. Im a newb so not sure how to get the bezel to do this mod. Also is it something I could do on my own? fairly easy? Thanks for any info.

trevor sells a nicer insert for the dssd for about $30 BUT from what i have read here it may or may not work on your dssd. i have a noob v6.1 and was told it would not fit. you might want to post a pic of yours and figure out what maker it is before you drop any cash on one that does not fit. it's not like an older aluminum insert you can trim to fit.

RENOST

You're Saying I Can Sell?
4/6/06
Rolex Deep Sea Challenge

Greetings,

Which dealer has the best version of the Rolex Deep Sea Challenge?

Thanks,
Renost

benjji

I'm Pretty Popular
2/7/13
Soren, nice rep no dubt.. but i can not watch the noob insert ... numbers different and thinner than gen

Gen

DSC05543-L_zpsf0a37c67.jpg

RolexDeepsea3-L_zpsf7ccf173.jpg

benjji

I'm Pretty Popular
2/7/13
I believe that noob insert numbers (especially 2 and 3) are rounder and thin than in gen.. I know that these are irrelevant details for many..

if really there are different versions of deeps bezel, this would be perfect so to avoid suspicious gaze on it.... it's right ?