• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

"Official DSSD Club"

smascarinas

I'm Pretty Popular
16/2/10
I'm guessing right click and save...or copy url then put it on your signature.

Just got a bk dssd and posted a review of it, awaiting a new camera that has decent macro to post shots. How do I get a hold of one of them cool dssd club avatars?

5up3rman

Renowned Member
4/12/10
Ok guys I want into the club!
Here are some quick shots I took of my dssd yesterday evening.
Hope it's enough to let me in.

053d2758.jpg

5f128677.jpg

b94abbdd.jpg

243134c8.jpg

4a30e2bb.jpg

4122f73b.jpg

b2e31549.jpg

Ephry73

I'm Pretty Popular
10/6/11
Love this!!! I have a similar plan for one of the v2 cases I got. The crystal will remain sapphire and domed, but the dal hands, bezel and insert are aged. The case is slowly but surely getting there with softer corners and better profile. I am still waiting for a Gen crown and tube to get the right measures to reshape the CGs(I like pointy CGs on these cases) I'm getting a 22mm leather g10 so I can distress it and add it to the watch.

Awesome work for sure. Any other pictures and ideas please share. Never had the metal band, so cannot do anything to it.

I feel this DSSD mod deserves it's own chapter in this forum and other forums. It definitely is the missing link. The long lost child of the Bond 5508 and a 5513 with today's steroids.

Keep sharing.

E

Pb Dad has created a Vintage DSSD called The ABYSS, which to some may be an abomination, others an inspiration, and to a few like myself, a work of art. Submitted for your approval, the art...

The Details

Standard features:

• Swiss ETA motor
  • Case completely softened and lugs rounded off.
  • Lugs drilled and faux 2mm springbar tips rounded and mounted.
  • Bezel coin edged by hand
  • Superdome plexi crystal
  • Hands aged and "brassified"
  • Bezel insert hand painted and aged
  • Custom aged "tritium" pearl
  • Dial aged and indices colored
  • Pointy crown guards
  • bezel ratchet mech removed to it a free spin

Optional features:

• Seconds hand enameled in white and aged
  • Date window shaved, additional marker added, and "oyster perpetual date" text removed
  • Relumed in vintage "tritium" or "radium"
  • Crown guards shaved completely off
  • Domed plexi display caseback
  • Destro
  • DSN 8mm crown with either Rolex Brev or Brevet + markings
  • Aged bracelet

LL-4.jpg

L1020213.jpg

L1020206.jpg

L1020205.jpg

L1020202.jpg

L1020200.jpg

L1020199.jpg

L1020198.jpg

abyss.jpg

ABWR-7.jpg

ABN2-3.jpg

ABN1-5.jpg

ABN1-2.jpg

ABLW2.jpg

ABLW1.jpg

daz8161 just posted some of his Pb Dad inspired Vintage DSSD which I like a lot!

Well it all started with Pbdads Abyss, when i first seen it I was in awe! I really wanted one and decided I would try make one of my own. It took a very long time to complete but I am very happy with the results.

I started with a V5 Dssd and did the following mods:

• Shaved off CG's
  • Aged bezel and did the coin edge treatment
  • Fitted Rolex Brevet crown
  • Aged case
  • Sealed HEV
  • Aged dial and sealed with matt lacquer
  • Aged hands
  • Aged datewheel
  • Had movement serviced in Hong Kong while I was on holiday
  • Fitted high dome plexi
  • Had a plexi installed into the titanium caseback
  • Customized a Nato strap so the movement can still be seen
g.jpg

d-1.jpg

c-1.jpg

b-1.jpg

a-1.jpg

Love the riveted bracelet idea! Something I thought I could never have on a DSSD- guess I wasn't thinking outside the box enough. :( The "coin edge treatment" is brilliant! As far as the lume goes, I'd keep in mind the new Vintage Lume from W@tchlume.

Ephry73

I'm Pretty Popular
10/6/11
Ok, how big is your CNC press? I love all of the work done on here. I definitely need better tools though

;)

E

Autlnd

Renowned Member
19/7/10
Became a member today...

$98 DSSD from Trevor, 21J I believe, $30 extra for waterproof testing, just came in today. Looks great! Blue loom is awesome as well. Went to the pool later on, dove right in with no problems. Watch came in very quickly, highly recommended.

a6cd0a10-1b4a-2cbd.jpg

a6cd0a10-1b5d-bc1a.jpg

a6cd0a10-1b6a-7fcd.jpg

jhudson

You're Saying I Can Sell?
17/5/10
I got mine last week from WBK but my wife had our 3 child :-D so I haven't had a chance to take pics. My wrist is bigger than what I thought so the watch looks great on me. The first day, I was like WTF! lol but it wears great after the initial shock. I plan on buying BK datewheel and getting someone to do a few mods to it to make it look just like BK's would (considering they both are Noobfactory watches)

Ephry73

I'm Pretty Popular
10/6/11
looks good man. I may order one just to have a "stock" one.
Don't forget to waterproof and test it.

E

Ephry73

I'm Pretty Popular
10/6/11
Very nice. I need to get mine updated. I want to have the lugs drilled to make it easier to swap bands and stuff.

E

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
I like really this new model of DSSD- fantasy??

Hi friends
I like really this model of DSSD, with black ceramic mid links on bracelet.

http://timesshop.net/product.php?id_product=9935

BUT.. . IS IT A FANTASY MODEL OR THERE IS GEN CORRESPONDENCE??

Thanks for your kind reply.

deepseadweller.jpg

jackant

Horology Curious
18/6/11
Anyone know if Trevors DSSD has the correct ingravings: Serial number on watch house etc.

joegrimm

I'm Pretty Popular
27/10/10
just got my BK DSSD back from PBDAD.

list of work done:

relume hands and dial
relume pearl
AR crystal
grease all seal
epoxy HEV
pressure test.

oh, and while i was waiting for the mods, i gave the bracelet the royal treatment...re-polished with cape cod, re-brushed and oiled...

dssda1.jpg

dssda2.jpg

dssda3.jpg

dssda4.jpg

dssda5.jpg

G30

I'm Pretty Popular
12/1/11
She is beautiful joegrimm; the perfect set of modifications for this watch. :thumbsup:

joegrimm

I'm Pretty Popular
27/10/10
She is beautiful joegrimm; the perfect set of modifications for this watch. :thumbsup:

yes absolutely, and the AR is amazing, changed the watch night and day. i couldnt stand the distortion because of the domed crystal. Now it makes the crystal so much clearer that the distortion while still present isnt as noticeable.

drlprieboy

Known Member
4/5/09
Plainfield, IL
Gentlemen,

I have a WBK DSSD and wear it on a NATO strap, their are no serial numbers in between the bottom lugs, the top says "ORIG ROLEX DESIGN"
116660" and between the bottom " STAINLESS STEEL".
Is this correct? If not, is their any possibility of having the serial number engraved in? I love the watch, keeps perfect time, I don't want to have to buy another.
Thanks.

ThinkBachs

Mythical Poster
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
9/2/09
Gentlemen,

I have a WBK DSSD and wear it on a NATO strap, their are no serial numbers in between the bottom lugs, the top says "ORIG ROLEX DESIGN"
116660" and between the bottom " STAINLESS STEEL".
Is this correct? If not, is their any possibility of having the serial number engraved in? I love the watch, keeps perfect time, I don't want to have to buy another.
Thanks.

Rolex stopped engraving their serial numbers between the lugs on these and engraved it on the inner rehaut at 6 o'clock. If you look inside your watch at the 6 marker, eventually you will see it there. :)