• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

"Official DSSD Club"

ThinkBachs

Mythical Poster
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
9/2/09
...Here is my DIAL in PS for now, around mid April, I should start to do first test of applying it onto the dial.. I will keep you posted, how it will go ! :)...

kenny1.jpg

This Ps is way off. :thinking: Yes, I have lots and lots of gen DSSD pics... :p

ThinkBachs

Mythical Poster
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
9/2/09
I have that same dial on file, funny! I started going through all my gen dial images and smack in the face I had it and didn't notice how goofy it was! Even funnier was that I've posted this already, just not here (over on RWG) and forgot about it.

Here's the link that discusses the dial:
http://www.timekeeperforum.com/showthread.php?10432-Interesting-News-About-The-Rolex-Deepsea-Sea-Dweller-Dials!

And the info found on that page:

As you can see, there are various differences to the predecessor dial:

Overall font is slightly "thinner".

• The painted Rolex coronet has changed style to look more like the coronet on other Rolex dials.
  • The "E"s in "DEEPSEA" now have a shorter middle line in the "E".
  • The "S" in "SEA-DWELLER" has been changed from a "flat" S to a "round" one.
  • The "ft" font has been changed.
  • The "=" sign is not on Italic anymore but runs as two parallel lines.
  • There is now a larger gap between the ft and metres depth rating, aka "Gap Dial" (seen on the newest Sub 14060M's too, btw.)

Here is an overview of the details (with the 14060M - new and old models - included):

rolex116660deepseadepth.gif
rolex116660deepseadepth-1.jpg

rolex14060mdial.jpg
rolex14060mgapdial.jpg

ThinkBachs

Mythical Poster
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
9/2/09
I now see that they've been selling this version since at least July of last year...

001-1.jpg

Autlnd

Renowned Member
19/7/10
For the money, is the Replicamake88.com, $88 DSSD most accurate ? Any out there with AR?

MrYesterday

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/10
Itinerant
For the money, is the Replicamake88.com, $88 DSSD most accurate ? Any out there with AR?
It's a great deal for the $. But the crystal is mineral, not sapphire, so there's more distortion at an angle than the ones that cost only $30-$40 more. It's still a pretty great beater.

No, NO DSSD has AR. Pretty sure that no Rolex has AR.

Autlnd

Renowned Member
19/7/10
Awesome, thanks Yesterday. Any other suggestion on a where to get a relatively low priced DSSD? I appreciate it, kind of new to rwi.

Bonesey

Mythical Poster
Advisor
15/1/11
It's a great deal for the $. But the crystal is mineral, not sapphire, so there's more distortion at an angle than the ones that cost only $30-$40 more. It's still a pretty great beater.

No, NO DSSD has AR. Pretty sure that no Rolex has AR.

Yup, no Rolex have full crystal AR, but the new Ceramic Subs I believe have double AR underneath the cyclops.

MrYesterday

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/10
Itinerant
Robert has some for like $129... he even has green and blue ceramic DSSDs... might be fantasies, but they look pretty cool

Aza

Renowned Member
26/12/10
Mine has arrived in the country! YAY
Will post pics when it turns up

P4GTR

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
9/9/07
Just noticed that I never posted a picture of my DSSD here :)

picture.php

still havent! :lolcina:

I don't think i've posted either... Here's a few.

By the way.. After another hands-on with a gen this past weekend, I can say i'm quite satisfied with mine. The +$9,000 dollars in savings is nice, especially since I don't own a mobile hyperbaric chamber to be able to fully realize the potential of the gen.

IMG_4852BWSIG.jpg

IMG_4872000.jpg

IMG_4869.jpg

IMG_4864.jpg

IMG_4859.jpg

IMG_4881.jpg

P4GTR

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
9/9/07
P4GTR, is yr Trevor version?

Yes, Trevor's w/ clone ETA circa 10/2010. Hopefully other dealers are able to source this by now, however I don't believe it to be so.

MrYesterday

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/10
Itinerant
Yes, Trevor's w/ clone ETA circa 10/2010. Hopefully other dealers are able to source this by now, however I don't believe it to be so.

If what Robert said is true (and vie never seen him be dishonest) all of the Asia based dealers can get the so-called "Trevor" DSSD.

Dr.Verylong

Legendary Member
Advisor
2/8/09
P4gtr, nice pics.

I wonder how the term Trevor DSSD came up anyway and I'd be more than thankful for a good source besides Trevor.

Omega88

I'm Pretty Popular
19/3/11
P4gtr, nice pics.

I wonder how the term Trevor DSSD came up anyway and I'd be more than thankful for a good source besides Trevor.

His bezel pearl white base is the only one closet to the gen. While all other dealer one is non triangle even BK one. The non triangle base is one massive give away this is a fake DSSD. Even from far, you can see thru the loophole.

Which is why I easily recognise P4GTR as trevor version. Also Trevor version has the correct case shape. While others are wrong. If you follow some sticky DSSD thread. You will understand.

I regard Trevor version as the best DSSD rep so far.