• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

"Official DSSD Club"

imbisibol

1/1/11
double AR, wait... my jaw is somewhere on the floor... i'll just look for it for a while.

bonesey, it's really a 21mm...

ThinkBachs

Mythical Poster
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
9/2/09
Is the DSSD the only Rolex to come with 22mm Lug width btw?

Correction: the lugs are 21mm. The answer to your questions is yes.

Looking at the DSSD posted by Dude_TFE, I have to make two comments. First, I would be really pissed if VAC didn't ask me if I was sure about spending the time and money reluming a dial without a beveled date window. REALLY pissed. He should know better than that. The other thing that needs to be done is replace the bezel insert with the wrong 10.

Still love the crystal though. :)

G30

I'm Pretty Popular
12/1/11
It's 21mm bonesey. I just put a new Triple Aught Design combat strap on mine. They're like a Maratac Zulu and definitely 22mm (+?) in width. Getting a little pinch as it passes through the spring bars. Googled specs when someone else here was quoting 21mm so they could use a leather or rubber strap and wanted to know how forgiving 1mm might be.

Guess we got "21mm" covered and then some. :lol:

Dude_TFE

12/9/10
Correction: the lugs are 21mm. The answer to your questions is yes.

Looking at the DSSD posted by Dude_TFE, I have to make two comments. First, I would be really pissed if VAC didn't ask me if I was sure about spending the time and money reluming a dial without a beveled date window. REALLY pissed. He should know better than that. The other thing that needs to be done is replace the bezel insert with the wrong 10.

Still love the crystal though. :)

One the one hand I received the watch like it is for a very fair price so I´m not "pissed" :) and on the other hand I don´t understand what you mean with the beveled date window :)

Where do I get a nice bezel insert with "correct" 10 ? ;)

Love the crystal too :)

MrYesterday

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/10
Itinerant
Your date window is a straight up and down cut-out. The gen, and most reps have the proper, angled date window.
I believe Trevor has the proper bezel

ThinkBachs

Mythical Poster
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
9/2/09
...I don´t understand what you mean with the beveled date window :)

116660.jpg

G30

I'm Pretty Popular
12/1/11
Dude TFE,

You should also note that Trevor currently has about 30 people in line for bezel inserts and he won't be able to provide more until next month... maybe. Just gotta' check back.

Dude_TFE

12/9/10
Dude TFE,

You should also note that Trevor currently has about 30 people in line for bezel inserts and he won't be able to provide more until next month... maybe. Just gotta' check back.

Thanks for advice mate, I´m not in hurry... :)

achyx

3/9/10
hey guys,

i just received my bk dssd, its awesome!

however, the ORIGINAL GAS ESCAPE VALVE text - on the AP of the ESCAPE, its not quite black, (as if the enamel paint is scratched off) .. its the only downside of this watch.

any way i can get it replaced?

johnnydeepsea

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
18/2/11
Hi guys I wanted to know a answer to a DSSD question and I figured this was the place to ask it. I was speaking with my AD at the time and asked what serial number the watch was they said it was 2 days old and that it was a V. I asked her if that was the latest and she thought so. She also told me how happy she was now that Rolex is changing it's serial numbers so that people will not be choosing one watch over another because of so called rare serial numbers.

What I am wondering is where is the serial number on the DSSD is it under the case when it is opened I have the card they gave me but I do not see the serial number any where on the watch. I know the watch is Genuine I bought it from a very good dealer but I am wondering if Rolex is doing this to all their watches.

MrYesterday

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/10
Itinerant
On a lot of Rolex it's on the case, between the lugs, covered by the bracelet end links. But on the DSSD it's engraved on the rehaut, at 6 o'clock

ThinkBachs

Mythical Poster
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
9/2/09
The serial is located on the inner RINGLOCK at 6 o'clock.

The model number is located between the lugs...

rolex_deepsea_bezel_pearl.jpg

DSC02731.jpg

DarthAlex

Renowned Member
22/8/10
Alabama
V Series started in late 2008. To my knowledge the Deep Sea is the only Rolex so far that has removed the serial from between the lugs and moved it only to the rehaut.

G30

I'm Pretty Popular
12/1/11
The serial is located on the inner RINGLOCK at 6 o'clock.

The model number is located between the lugs...

rolex_deepsea_bezel_pearl.jpg

DSC02731.jpg

Pssst Bachs... Hey... Bachs! 1st photo is RINGLOCK at 12. Wish'd I could PM you...

Looks as if you have that dreaded pearl on your mind again.
icon12.gif

johnnydeepsea

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
18/2/11
Thanks guys I found it now that I got that out of the way what do Replicas use? From what my AD says they are sticking with V but at Basal they had M's