"Official DSSD Club"

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saddle up ....

Mounted and ready for a daily beater....

Comment

Who did the best bezel?

Comment

Originally posted by Americano, post: 631638
        Who did the best bezel?

I like the bezel insert from Trevor...

Comment

My only fear is to install it! Even AD brake them sometime apparently...

Comment

Argh mate don't talk about keyless works.
            I got my DSSD at the end of September, it had keyless works issues straight away. Sent it to a watchsmiths, had to wait 2 months in the end.
            Just got it back and the Pearls missing!! I've now got a hole in the triangle.

Anyone tell me the dimension of the pearl. I'm gonna try and build one if poss.

Comment

Originally posted by GSi2K, post: 631937
              I got my DSSD at the end of September, it had keyless works issues straight away. Sent it to a watchsmiths, had to wait 2 months in the end.

My deepest condolences.
              The waiting is horrible.
              Luckily I have a good watch smith that doesn´t mind working on reps right here where I live, so he thought he would have it ready before christmas.

Rep:

? Rolex Deep Sea Sea-Dweller. ? Rolex Submariner Two tone, Silver Serti Diamond dial. ? Rolex Submariner Two tone, Champagne Serti Diamond dial. ? Rolex Submariner Two tone, Black dial. ? Rolex GMT II, Stainless steel, Black dial. ?Rolex DateJust Two tone, Black dial. ? Rolex DateJust Two tone, Silver dial. ? Rolex Ladies DateJust Two tone, Blue dial. ? Rolex Ladies DateJust Two tone, Black dial. ? Rolex Ladies DateJust Two tone, Silver dial. ? Omega Seamaster, Stainless steel, Black dial. ? Panerai 236K, Black dial. ?

Gen::

? Rolex Datejust Stainless steel/White gold, Blue dial. ? Camel Trophy Super Chrono, Black/Black sub dials. ?

In the mail:

? Panerai 111J. ?

Comment

Originally posted by French cancan, post: 631756
                My only fear is to install it! Even AD brake them sometime apparently...

Easy-Peasy! If a watchsmith happens to break one, then that is definitely not one you want playing around with your movement!

Originally posted by GSi2K, post: 631937

Not sure what the gen size is, but here's a side-by-side comparison of a gen and Trevors...

Certainly not perfect, not close, but I like it. If anything, you can see what the gen looks like.

Comment

Thanks TB for that.
                  I've got the Trevor insert, but with missing pearl now.
                  Just need some dimensions of the thing.
                  It looks about 2mm but what the height?

Thanks
                  Pete

Comment

Hello Pete,

The noob pearl is just a hair over 2mm in diameter, and 1 mm in height.

My idea for making a more gen looking pearl as pictured above would be to get some 2mm external diameter tube to make it, and use a larger tube that can slip over it and shave it down very thin to create the stepped base of the gen. And use an even smaller tube to be fitted inside to make the post, and then all you need is to add lume and some clear epoxie.

Comment

Thanks for that DarthAlex.
                      I've ordered some 2x2mm crimp tubes to do the job.
                      I'm never gonna get it to look like the gen. I'll see how it goes.

Thanks again
                      Pete

Comment

Me Too?

I keep forgetting to do this:

I got this about a month and a half ago.

Comment

Originally posted by ThinkBachs, post: 574624
                          Pb Dad has created a Vintage DSSD called The ABYSS, which to some may be an abomination, others an inspiration, and to a few like myself, a work of art. Submitted for your approval, the art...

The Details

Standard features:
                          • Swiss ETA motor
                          • Case completely softened and lugs rounded off.
                          • Lugs drilled and faux 2mm springbar tips rounded and mounted.
                          • Bezel coin edged by hand
                          • Superdome plexi crystal
                          • Hands aged and "brassified"
                          • Bezel insert hand painted and aged
                          • Custom aged "tritium" pearl
                          • Dial aged and indices colored
                          • Pointy crown guards
                          • bezel ratchet mech removed to it a free spin

Optional features:
                          • Seconds hand enameled in white and aged
                          • Date window shaved, additional marker added, and "oyster perpetual date" text removed
                          • Relumed in vintage "tritium" or "radium"
                          • Crown guards shaved completely off
                          • Domed plexi display caseback
                          • Destro
                          • DSN 8mm crown with either Rolex Brev or Brevet + markings
                          • Aged bracelet

daz8161 just posted some of his Pb Dad inspired Vintage DSSD which I like a lot!

Well it all started with Pbdads Abyss, when i first seen it I was in awe! I really wanted one and decided I would try make one of my own. It took a very long time to complete but I am very happy with the results.

I started with a V5 Dssd and did the following mods:
                          • Shaved off CG's
                          • Aged bezel and did the coin edge treatment
                          • Fitted Rolex Brevet crown
                          • Aged case
                          • Sealed HEV
                          • Aged dial and sealed with matt lacquer
                          • Aged hands
                          • Aged datewheel
                          • Had movement serviced in Hong Kong while I was on holiday
                          • Fitted high dome plexi
                          • Had a plexi installed into the titanium caseback
                          • Customized a Nato strap so the movement can still be seen

Love the riveted bracelet idea! Something I thought I could never have on a DSSD- guess I wasn't thinking outside the box enough. The "coin edge treatment" is brilliant! As far as the lume goes, I'd keep in mind the new Vintage Lume from [email protected]

What you did is a true masterpiece, and there is a word for this execution: Bravo!

Comment

Originally posted by French cancan, post: 634734
                            What you did is a true masterpiece, and there is a word for this execution: Bravo!

Not me, pbdad. I've seen this watch go around to a few people now, where it'll end up, nobody knows....

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X