Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Official DSSD Club"

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Nice one ...
    sigpic

    Comment


      Sweet pics. May I join?

      Comment


        Welcome Bigbear, love the Nato...

        Comment


          Originally posted by justlounging, post: 622590
          Just got mine from a dealer in Asia..so far QC from this dealer is great..

          not too sure which version it is..but looks like v4..21jewels movement..

          lume was charged for 60 secs under a T5 lamp..

          enough said..here are the pics..
          The DSSD does indeed look great. If you don't mind me asking- which dealer?
          Rookie, but I'm learning.

          Comment


            @johncox

            I have frequent travels to KL (in-laws are there too) so whilst browsing in Sungei Wang Plaza, I chanced upon a dealer there..initial pieces that i brought from him were quite crappy..but as i dealt with him more, the better pieces came out and soon enough he lets me rummage thru his stock and select the best of the lot..

            he doesnt have any website or email but he did mention he got his stock from HK and ShenZhen.. =)

            =)
            To Mod or Not To Mod
            Please do NOT PM me about servicing or modding watches. Thank you!

            Comment


              Originally posted by justlounging, post: 623566
              @johncox

              I have frequent travels to KL (in-laws are there too) so whilst browsing in Sungei Wang Plaza, I chanced upon a dealer there..initial pieces that i brought from him were quite crappy..but as i dealt with him more, the better pieces came out and soon enough he lets me rummage thru his stock and select the best of the lot..

              he doesnt have any website or email but he did mention he got his stock from HK and ShenZhen.. =)

              =)
              Thanks for the heads-up. Watch looks great!
              Rookie, but I'm learning.

              Comment


                I'm in! Mine is from WBK.

                Comment


                  Would just like to add a very simple mod for those who find their original pearl a little too big or pimply?

                  Tools: 4 in 1 nail buffer. (avail at any pharmacy) Just use 2,3 and 4. No sanding required.

                  Sorry i did not manage to take a before pic. Pic of after mod on a V5 ult.

                  Comment


                    I bought a DSSN Ultimate 2836 from Watcheden last spring. Gave it a real nice soap and water bath, then looked for the dreaded condensation under the crystal. Found everything ok (they said this watch was waterproof for 30 meters), so I decided to take it to the pool with me. No problems! .. Never waterproofed it, never oiled the bracelet (I just thought let's see what this thing can do on it's own, what the hell!) ... Great watch that is performing as advertised!! So far, all of the high end Rolies I've accumulated over the last year take to the water with no issues ...
                    Midnight Rider[S][/S]

                    Comment


                      Hey, I just got a DSSD, I can wash it with soap and water?

                      Can you point out some directions to what soap to use to maximize the shine of the watch? Any tips that aren't obvious? Thankss.

                      Comment


                        Before you go getting your DSSD wet, honestly, an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.

                        First, get two things:

                        Watch Gasket O-Ring Lubricator Silicone Grease



                        Watchmakers Silicone 7 Watch Gasket Sealer



                        Unscrew the crown and pull out to stop the movement. Open up the caseback with a ball of Duct Tape turning counter-clockwise. Remove the O-ring and grease it up, replace, and put your caseback on. Start slow to make sure the threads catch correctly, then tighten.

                        Find the O-ring on the tube, and grease that. Push your crown back down and tighten.

                        Both of these things are very inexpensive to purchase, and the time spent doing this will be time well spent. Any monkey can do this.

                        NOW you're ready to wash and use your DSSD! Dawn seems to be a popular detergent to use, with cold or slightly warm water- NOT hot. I like to wash it once with Dawn, rinse, and suds it up again using the soft brush to get into the nooks and crannies. Why? Because you want to remove as much dirt and particulates as you can before you go mushing them around with the brush.

                        Another idea might be to take the bracelet off and run over to your favorite non-AD jeweler to have them put it in their ultra-sonic.

                        Some people really prefer to use bike oil to soak their bracelets in, claiming that it gives the metal a very nice sheen. Others say that using graphite is better. The advantage of using graphite is that it doesn't attract and keep dirt. If your bracelet is supple enough, then you really don't have to do either.

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by ThinkBachs, post: 625881
                          Before you go getting your DSSD wet, honestly, an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.

                          First, get two things:

                          Watch Gasket O-Ring Lubricator Silicone Grease



                          Watchmakers Silicone 7 Watch Gasket Sealer



                          Unscrew the crown and pull out to stop the movement. Open up the caseback with a ball of Duct Tape turning counter-clockwise. Remove the O-ring and grease it up, replace, and put your caseback on. Start slow to make sure the threads catch correctly, then tighten.

                          Find the O-ring on the tube, and grease that. Push your crown back down and tighten.

                          Both of these things are very inexpensive to purchase, and the time spent doing this will be time well spent. Any monkey can do this.

                          NOW you're ready to wash and use your DSSD! Dawn seems to be a popular detergent to use, with cold or slightly warm water- NOT hot. I like to wash it once with Dawn, rinse, and suds it up again using the soft brush to get into the nooks and crannies. Why? Because you want to remove as much dirt and particulates as you can before you go mushing them around with the brush.

                          Another idea might be to take the bracelet off and run over to your favorite non-AD jeweler to have them put it in their ultra-sonic.

                          Some people really prefer to use bike oil to soak their bracelets in, claiming that it gives the metal a very nice sheen. Others say that using graphite is better. The advantage of using graphite is that it doesn't attract and keep dirt. If your bracelet is supple enough, then you really don't have to do either.

                          Is there a picture tutorial for this? I've never serviced or opened a watch and telling the difference between an o ring and a crown might be overwhelming.

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by g2bme, post: 626491
                            Is there a picture tutorial for this? I've never serviced or opened a watch and telling the difference between an o ring and a crown might be overwhelming.
                            The gasket is the "rubber band" that runs around the inside of the case back. You can remove the case back (usually) by wadding up a bunch of duct tape, pressing it against the case back (sticky side against the case back), and turning counter-clockwise. Reverse to close, and close as tightly as possible.
                            The o-ring is the very small "rubber band" on the crown tube. The crown is the "knob" you turn to set the time and date. You unscrew it and it will pop out, just like when you are setting the time. Pull it all the way out to the time-setting postion and you should see the o-ring on the crown tube under the crown near or at the body of the watch.
                            Greasing these is the easiest watch service you'll ever do, and also one of the most important!

                            To find a local watch smith:
                            http://www.replica-watch.info/vb/sho....html?p=503944<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X