• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

"Official DSSD Club"

SS72

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
27/9/12
Australia
What model from the current factories that can be ordered from a TD, the version with an all black dial would be the most advisable?
They're all different, mate. It depends on the TD. Best bet is to look through the last dozen pages of this thread and when you see a watch you like, visit the various TD sites and see if it comes up in the search or under the Sea-Dweller menu. If it does show as available, always double check with the TD before ordering, as some list watches that have been unavailable for months or years. Alternatively, skip straight to going to the TD sites and look at their available Sea-Dweller Deepsea models, and then contact them via their preferred method to enquire.

To my knowledge, AF+P, C+F, BPF and GMF are available as 126660 with a black dial, but some are better quality, have more reliable movements and are more accurate than others. There's plenty of information regarding peoples objective and subjective views in this thread, and of course this priceless resource has everything you need to know about the movements. If you're after an 116660, choices are more limited and I'm not across the available stock ATM.

Hope that helps.

Reactions: jg3456

TheDan772

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
7/7/23
SF
A cautionary tale - I had to return the GMF 126660 VR31135 JC I recently purchased from Trusty, as it was not a 126660, but instead a very poor copy of an 116660 (wrong case, dial, lugs and bracelet). The bracelet was particularly horrible - much narrower , smaller, lighter and noticeably cheaper in feel in all respects than the 126660 and even the 116660.
To his credit, Andrew investigated these QC issues promptly, advised that the GMF factory has had problems with quality control of its 126660 model and accepted my return. Good thing I purchased an ARF 126660 JC from DonJupp here. It arrived yesterday and is awesome.

G-Man

You're Saying I Can Sell?
20/2/24
uk
A cautionary tale - I had to return the GMF 126660 VR31135 JC I recently purchased from Trusty, as it was not a 126660, but instead a very poor copy of an 116660 (wrong case, dial, lugs and bracelet). The bracelet was particularly horrible - much narrower , smaller, lighter and noticeably cheaper in feel in all respects than the 126660 and even the 116660.
To his credit, Andrew investigated these QC issues promptly, advised that the GMF factory has had problems with quality control of its 126660 model and accepted my return. Good thing I purchased an ARF 126660 JC from DonJupp here. It arrived yesterday and is awesome.

G-Man

20/2/24
uk
Post some pics of the ARF, will be good to see the different versions (y)

Any pictures of the actual watch you recieved from Trusty?

leebert

Patron
Certified
22/1/24
First, thanks @SS72 for recently shepherding this thread! I've gone back to 2020 and found the wealth of information and evolution of this watch fascinating and helpful. Merci.

Second - I'm not clear if CSF has been discussed here. Would C+F be the same thing?

If anyone has any experience with this mfg for the DeepSea Blue (126660) I'd appreciate it. Circling one @ Time and would like to get some intel before pulling the trigger - looking forward to joining the club!

Reactions: SS72

SS72

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
27/9/12
Australia
First, thanks @SS72 for recently shepherding this thread! I've gone back to 2020 and found the wealth of information and evolution of this watch fascinating and helpful. Merci.

Second - I'm not clear if CSF has been discussed here. Would C+F be the same thing?

If anyone has any experience with this mfg for the DeepSea Blue (126660) I'd appreciate it. Circling one @ Time and would like to get some intel before pulling the trigger - looking forward to joining the club!
Glad I could provide some helpful info.

I'm not personally familiar with C+F or CSF, but I believe they are not the same.

Some info on C+F at the following thread. It doesn't look like there are any threads with CSF in the title. I haven't searched for CSF in the body of any threads.

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
No doubt others have noticed this but for those who haven't - Deepsea models are no longer Sea-Dwellers except for the Deepsea Challenge.

I had noticed this on the new LB, but for some reason didn't think the other versions had followed suit. Seems odd for Rolex to do this, go figure.

From the current catalog
KlpU5F.jpeg

Klpeb5.jpeg

KlpLTp.jpeg

KlpWBt.jpeg

Reactions: TheDan772

SS72

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
27/9/12
Australia
No doubt others have noticed this but for those who haven't - Deepsea models are no longer Sea-Dwellers except for the Deepsea Challenge.

I had noticed this on the new LB, but for some reason didn't think the other versions had followed suit. Seems odd for Rolex to do this, go figure.
I had seen that on the official website. The titanium case-back fastener of course is missing 'Sea-Dweller', too. The only Sea-Dweller is the SD43.

I don't get it - it seems a pointless change for the sake of change. They must be running out of ideas; I'm sure they could get some good ones here.

Reactions: KJ2020