• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

"Official DSSD Club"

Pops3434

Known Member
13/7/23
USA
Yeah I know it’s tough especially with the 126660. CSF,AR+,V9F all have the wrong font. ARF is pretty much impossible to get unless you find one from M2M. Believe me I’ve asked just about every TD. Good luck .

Reactions: Xandervvvvv

SS72

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
27/9/12
Australia
Okay I think so. Also 1 page earlier it was mentioned that the ARF would be better with the Black dial and GMF for the JC. Saw an ARF v4 with a A2824 Movement and the font looks good?

Now I am very unsure what to do 😂
TLDR: Keep waiting for a decent 126660 or 136660 to be released. Currently there are none available from TDs and M2M sale is your only option.

Full Details:
The crown guards on this ARF DSSD are terrible. Unless you have someone who can reshape them, once you see it you can't unsee it.

Gen on the left.

HkZLL5.jpeg

IMO, the ARF v2 was as good as they come for the 116660. They also housed the SH3135 which can be swapped for the VR/VS3135 if required. Very occasionally, these watches come up for sale on M2M. That's where I got my JC.

Hewzfj.jpeg

If you want a DSSD with the A2836 or ETA2836 swapped in, then the BPF 116660 v2 with A3135 (decorated A2836) movement is a good option, but again, I don't believe they're available from TDs anymore.
https://trustytime888.io/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_8&products_id=18215

The Noob v7 Ultra is also decent, and it has the A2836 movement, too. But, the watch advertised by Trusty (only place you can get one till recently) is not 100% Noob parts.

For 126660, the Noob v10 was the bomb! But, again, M2M is your only option. The A3235 movement in this one is also a modified 2836, so can be swapped for an A2836, ETA2836, Sellita SW, or a Seagull St movement. Those options apply to any of the 2836-based movements.

Xandervvvvv

Horology Curious
15/4/23
Germany
TLDR: Keep waiting for a decent 126660 or 136660 to be released. Currently there are none available from TDs and M2M sale is your only option.

Full Details:
The crown guards on this ARF DSSD are terrible. Unless you have someone who can reshape them, once you see it you can't unsee it.

Gen on the left.

HkZLL5.jpeg

IMO, the ARF v2 was as good as they come for the 116660. They also housed the SH3135 which can be swapped for the VR/VS3135 if required. Very occasionally, these watches come up for sale on M2M. That's where I got my JC.

Hewzfj.jpeg

If you want a DSSD with the A2836 or ETA2836 swapped in, then the BPF 116660 v2 with A3135 (decorated A2836) movement is a good option, but again, I don't believe they're available from TDs anymore.
https://trustytime888.io/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_8&products_id=18215

The Noob v7 Ultra is also decent, and it has the A2836 movement, too. But, the watch advertised by Trusty (only place you can get one till recently) is not 100% Noob parts.

For 126660, the Noob v10 was the bomb! But, again, M2M is your only option. The A3235 movement in this one is also a modified 2836, so can be swapped for an A2836, ETA2836, Sellita SW, or a Seagull St movement. Those options apply to any of the 2836-based movements.
Thank you very much for the detailed answer. I can't unsee the CG now, you were right :D
As I read the other pages, the A2824 would be also a alternative if you don't want to mod (wich I do not intend to).
So I decided I will go with the GMF as long as the QC is good enough for me. Minute hand will be slightly short probably but if the rest is spot on I will go with the GMF.

ericuk

Horology Curious
8/11/23
Hi all, I'd just like to give general thanks to everyone contributing to this thread. I've wanted a good 126660 rep for a while and thought that people were being overly critical (because it's the internet) but I've listened and noted people's observations and ultimately, decided to wait for something new and improved to land on the market. Noob or VSF would have been brilliant, but the current offerings are not for me.

So thanks people, I'll go for an Planet Ocean Ultra Deep for now and see what 2024 has to offer... much love.

Reactions: Gill777

nauticatom

Supporter
Certified
23/11/12
I have an original BP DSSD with a Swiss movement in it and vacuum (when he used to actually do work) crystal. I may also have a DBLUE as well with another Swiss in it. If people are interested I’ll check it out and post to m2m - I need some loot for work I’m doing with wsny.

nauticatom

Supporter
Certified
23/11/12
I have an original BP DSSD with a Swiss movement in it and vacuum (when he used to actually do work) crystal. I may also have a DBLUE as well with another Swiss in it. If people are interested I’ll check it out and post to m2m - I need some loot for work I’m doing with wsny.
Yep I have one I’m going to post it to m2m shortly - I opened the case back and have the original order sheet from sora it has a Swiss movement in it

baldocd

secretly judging your watch
Supporter
Certified
12/8/19
Indonesia
Hi all,
I am not an expert for DSSD (or rolex particularly) so perhaps it would be the best to ask here.

Does this categorized as a bad-cheap rep, or not?
(Seen this on local marketplace)

Thanks in advance.

HsqIBY.jpeg

Reactions: C Master

SS72

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
27/9/12
Australia
Would like to ask experts of DSSD what about v9f factory, how accurate is?
This question has been well covered in this thread, but here's a recap:
  • Font on the OGEV RLS ring is incorrect (they've used the 116660 font, which is a common error on several 126660/136660 reps)
  • Hands are too short
  • Dial font is incorrect and poor quality, both top and bottom
  • Crown guards are bad
  • Crystal height is way off

bosnjo_o

Horology Curious
28/2/20
This question has been well covered in this thread, but here's a recap:
  • Font on the OGEV RLS ring is incorrect (they've used the 116660 font, which is a common error on several 126660/136660 reps)
  • Hands are too short
  • Dial font is incorrect and poor quality, both top and bottom
  • Crown guards are bad
  • Crystal height is way off
Thank you very much for the answer.

Reactions: SS72

Raddave

Most Delicious of all Nipples!
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
this seriously looks like you are advertizing a sale outside of the sales area , which is forbidden

i hope im wrong

nauticatom

Supporter
Certified
23/11/12
this seriously looks like you are advertizing a sale outside of the sales area , which is forbidden

i hope im wrong
Hi - this was posted before I posted the m2m sale and I made the m2m sale threads directly as a result of viewing the interest in here (after this was posted)

It certainly wasn't intentional , I was just looking at people discussing DSSD availability, and was like oh I have a few of these I could move if people wanted them more than me (I have 3 of them, and was going to cut two loose) and after that point, I posted the m2m sales.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gill777

Raddave

Most Delicious of all Nipples!
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
Hi - this was posted before I posted the m2m sale and I made the m2m sale threads directly as a result of viewing the interest in here (after this was posted)

It certainly wasn't intentional , I was just looking at people discussing DSSD availability, and was like oh I have a few of these I could move if people wanted them more than me (I have 3 of them, and was going to cut two loose) and after that point, I posted the m2m sales.
so i was right