No announcement yet.

"Official DSSD Club"

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't know if I'm not wrong but I think ARF DSSD had it like this in the V2 version but they corrected it in the V3.
    Last edited by font13; 22-10-20, 14:33.

Comment

Originally posted by font13 View Post
      Just received the QC pictures for my DSSD 116660 ARF v3 a2824, but I tought ARF had corrected the 'ft' characters in the v3 dial. The 'ft' and 'm' font in the dial seems wrong to me.

What do you guys think ? I'm not very secure to GL it.

https://imgur.com/a/grQ6yM9

yes, on V3 normally the "f" is longer. Also they fixed the misaligned writing at 6 o clock "LOCK" the 6 marker should line up with the letter "K" on V3.... looks not like V3...Maybe ARF used old stock Material !?

Comment

this is V3 - https://trustytime.asia/index.php?ma...ducts_id=20295

Comment

Originally posted by RobSe1 View Post
          RobSe1 I've made some digging and it seems like trustytime, hont, puretime and intime have the ARF v3 pictures with the correct font and spacing while geektime, chasingtime, jtime and kuvarsit have the same ARF v3 with the font and spacing messed like the one I've received in my QC.

Does that means that the QC pictures that i've received are from an older version ? 2018 models used to come with this dial ...
          Last edited by font13; 22-10-20, 19:11.

Comment

Originally posted by font13 View Post

RobSe1 I've made some digging and it seems like trustytime, hont, puretime and intime have the ARF v3 pictures with the correct font and spacing while geektime, chasingtime, jtime and kuvarsit have the same ARF v3 with the font and spacing messed like the one I've received in my QC.

Does that means that the QC pictures that i've received are from an older version ? 2018 models used to come with this dial ...
            Could be everything. Sometimes Factorys are using theyre old goods. I would ask Geektime if he could get another one and i would point him to the Dial and the alignement of the "Lock"

​​​​​​

Comment

Yes I've just did that and I'm waiting for geektime to contact ARF regarding this issue.
              I hope to have some true V3 QC pictures soon and I will let you guys know.

Comment

After some reading and some search I just an interesting article that points that since 2008 the GEN DSSD had 3 diferent dial prints and text aligments.
                Aparently the received QC pictures correspond to the latest Mark III Dial print.

MARK I Dial

__________________________________________________ ___________________
                MARK II Dial

__________________________________________________ ___________________

MARK III Dial

Text Aligment for DSSD models :

Mark 1..... ft=3900
                Mark 2..... ft = 3900
                Mark 3..... ft= 3900

And it is noticeable that 'K' from 'LOCK' have different aligments with the 6 o'clock mark in each of the versions too.

You can read some more about it here : https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=252048
                Last edited by font13; 23-10-20, 11:59.

Comment

The crown is also different and if they are matte or shiny. I prefer how the mark 1 dial look.
                  I like watches the same way I like my women.

With big ass and titties.

Comment

Originally posted by Katarsis View Post
                    The crown is also different and if they are matte or shiny. I prefer how the mark 1 dial look.
                    Yes Mark I is my favorite too. Just like yours.
                    I'm wating for pictures for the new one. I hope that it come with Mark I dial and aligments

Comment

Hey all, I'm new here but I recently replaced my rep DSSD with the d-blue dial for an original. If anyone has any questions about the details of an original, let me know and I'll gladly answer or upload photos. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Conrad. View Post
                        Hey all, I'm new here but I recently replaced my rep DSSD with the d-blue dial for an original. If anyone has any questions about the details of an original, let me know and I'll gladly answer or upload photos. Thanks!
                        All details please. Pictures too. Where did you get it from, that’s a rare find. Look forward to hearing more from you on this.

Comment

I mean I bought a genuine DSSD D-Blue, I got it from a local dealer who had two in stock, one unworn and one near mint. I went for the neat mint one.

Here's a couple of comparison photos: https://imgur.com/a/J8ZSCyX

Are there specific photos of the genuine that would be interesting?
                          I'm impressed with the rep, its very close. There are a few details about it that make it easy to tell if you know and they're next to each other.

Comment

The rep I got from the Grand Bazaar in Turkey. They had loads. I went round a few places until I found one that looked good, some were dreadful.
                            Fortunately the guy I was with, a Turkish guy that was owner of the company we were visiting had a real one so we were able to look at the reps in store side-by-side with a genuine one. He was very careful not to take his off of course!

I did get a bit fleeced though. They showed me the rep then said I could upgrade it to an ETA movement for $100 more. I did that but when I got home and took the back off, it's not an ETA!
                            It keeps time really well though, but it has different behaviours to the genuine. On a genuine when you pull the crown out, the movement stops, on the rep it keeps going. The date transition takes place over a couple of hours on the rep but it happens very quickly on the real one (just before midnight, which is where datejust comes from I recently learned).

Comment

Originally posted by Conrad. View Post
                              I mean I bought a genuine DSSD D-Blue, I got it from a local dealer who had two in stock, one unworn and one near mint. I went for the neat mint one.

Here's a couple of comparison photos: https://imgur.com/a/J8ZSCyX

Are there specific photos of the genuine that would be interesting?
                              I'm impressed with the rep, its very close. There are a few details about it that make it easy to tell if you know and they're next to each other.
                              Thanks for posting those photos.. Enjoy the new DSSD, lovely, always great to see a gen in the wild. Cheers.

Comment

Do. Or do not. There is no try.
                                There is nothing outside of yourself that can ever enable you to get better, stronger, richer, quicker, or smarter. Everything is within. Everything exists. Seek nothing outside of yourself.
                                ? Miyamoto Musashi, The Book of Five Rings

The Collection: https://forum.replica-watch.info/for...of-a-repoholic

Originally posted by Parabuteo;n5110721
                                Mods are GREAT at working out things, going to bat for us, and have some tools at their disposal to sanction scammers but they can't ultimately protect us from everything, including losing $ if we are not cautious. The main takeaway is this: we RWI members are participating knowingly in the "wild west" here (which actually thrills me) so...caveat emptor and never spend more than you can afford to lose.

"Rep on Bros" WingNut

Comment

Working...
                                X