• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

"Official DSSD Club"

Omerrrr

Horology Curious
10/10/22
Agreeing with C Master. The "best" option in my book is to buy a BK 126660 with genuine SWISS ETA. It will outlast you and the next nuclear winter. And if, God forbid, ever anything happened to the movement, any watchmaker in Alaska or Kazakhstan will be able to fix it. Yes, it cost a bit more, but it's worth every penny.
Where do you find bk with eta movement?

SS72

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
27/9/12
Australia
Go to the Trusted Dealers section. Look for BK. Read his product offerings. Follow his instructions. Done.

BespokeBezel

Horology Curious
31/7/21
Hello DSSD people. Ordered an ARF 126660 w/2824 in black from Steve a couple months ago. Steve said he's still waiting on it from factory. Heard from other TDs that ARF version is no longer available. Id like to stick with the 2824. What do you all think of the GMF?

rcom440

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/11/12
USA
Hello DSSD people. Ordered an ARF 126660 w/2824 in black from Steve a couple months ago. Steve said he's still waiting on it from factory. Heard from other TDs that ARF version is no longer available. Id like to stick with the 2824. What do you all think of the GMF?
better blue gradient dial than ARF. Better alignment on inner ring. Slightly worst bezel numerals.

Reactions: BespokeBezel

SS72

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
27/9/12
Australia
Holy SHIT dude!
That side profile really shows what a mega piece of wrist apparatus this thing is.
There's no wait list for this; it's a weight list -- as in, "How much can you lift, bro?" Must qualify.

BespokeBezel

Horology Curious
31/7/21
If you want black dial I’d probably go for ARF. If I was buying James Cameron I’d go for GMF or BP.
GMF came out with new batch but I can bet hands are still slightly too short.
Thanks bro,good intel. I order an ARF 2824 DSSD black from Steve. But I've been waiting 2 months...which I knew I'd wait at least 30 days. Now I'm hearing +from other TDs) that spec watch isn't available from factory. So looking for alternatives with the 2824.

Principium

Supporter
Certified
15/3/20
hi, does somebody know if a ARF claps (or the full bracelet) of the 116660 Deapsea will fit on a noob bracelet/case? And if yes, where can I get such a claps or bracelet?

SS72

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
27/9/12
Australia
hi, does somebody know if a ARF claps (or the full bracelet) of the 116660 Deapsea will fit on a noob bracelet/case? And if yes, where can I get such a claps or bracelet?
Not sure about ARF SEL compatibility with Noob case, nor the clasp with the bracelet. And I don't think you'll find either anywhere except for the M2M sales section.
I replaced a Noob clasp with a BPF one and it was compatible. Check in with your regular TD, if you have one, and ask them. APF and/or AR+F may also be options, but I've never held either, so no idea about their quality.

The issue I find with all of the 116660s is that they don't have the half-size link, which allows clasp-to-bracelet connection without the diver extension, and without it you have to modify a standard link or leave the extension in place.

Reactions: Principium

Principium

Supporter
Certified
15/3/20
Not sure about ARF SEL compatibility with Noob case, nor the clasp with the bracelet. And I don't think you'll find either anywhere except for the M2M sales section.
I replaced a Noob clasp with a BPF one and it was compatible. Check in with your regular TD, if you have one, and ask them. APF and/or AR+F may also be options, but I've never held either, so no idea about their quality.

The issue I find with all of the 116660s is that they don't have the half-size link, which allows clasp-to-bracelet connection without the diver extension, and without it you have to modify a standard link or leave the extension in place.
thx

SS72

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
27/9/12
Australia
Check out the misaligned "K" on this genuine 116660. Very reputable seller in Sydney.

H5wK3E.png

H5w3E2.png

Last edited:
Reactions: rcom440

Jimboz28

Horology Curious
29/7/23
New York
I’m looking for JC version DSSD but not available from ARF. I haven’t seen any offerings from BP, please lmk if any TD has. Has anyone seen or reviewed any watches from CSF? I am interested in their quality

SS72

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
27/9/12
Australia
I’m looking for JC version DSSD but not available from ARF. I haven’t seen any offerings from BP, please lmk if any TD has. Has anyone seen or reviewed any watches from CSF? I am interested in their quality
This was available in May. Not sure about now. Ask them.

CSF is available, but dial font is obviously wrong and CGs are obviously wrong. At least it has a VR movement, not a A3235.

Jimboz28

Horology Curious
29/7/23
New York
This was available in May. Not sure about now. Ask them.

CSF is available, but dial font is obviously wrong and CGs are obviously wrong. At least it has a VR movement, not a A3235.
Thanks for info. I had explored all of TT product that I liked and they were out of stock. Appreciate the CSF info, i need to find a review of the CSF DSSD.

SS72

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
27/9/12
Australia
Thanks for info. I had explored all of TT product that I liked and they were out of stock. Appreciate the CSF info, i need to find a review of the CSF DSSD.
The main issue with the CSFs I've seen is that they're 126660 or 136660, but the 'OGEV 'RLS' text is the 116660 font.

brahmabull

On the hunt for PAM163,212,213,288,286,253,228,297
Supporter
Certified
7/11/10
Tar on toe
Hi everyone

been trying to find a review of the noob v7 (original DSSD, not JC) and reading through this thread. From what I gather, noob v7 with SA3135 is a good option to consider, relative to other factories.
any advice on what to look for in QC?

this is my first Rolex purchase in a long time. I tried the search function and could not find a review on the original DSSD there is a great comparison of the JC rep vs. Gen.

am I missing anything?

SS72

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
27/9/12
Australia
Hi everyone

been trying to find a review of the noob v7 (original DSSD, not JC) and reading through this thread. From what I gather, noob v7 with SA3135 is a good option to consider, relative to other factories.
any advice on what to look for in QC?

this is my first Rolex purchase in a long time. I tried the search function and could not find a review on the original DSSD there is a great comparison of the JC rep vs. Gen.

am I missing anything?
Hi mate. The Noob v7 116660 black dial is an excellent rep, but you're unlikely to find one anywhere other than M2M sales. There are some listed on a TD site, but they are not the original v7 Noob. Some parts are, but not all.

Check the crown guards on anything claimed to be a v7. Original, correct v7 CGs are good, but later v7 CGs have a bit of a ski jump angle to them. See images below.

If the watch below is available, and if it's actually a legitimate Noob v7 case with an SA3135 and not some other case and/or movement, then it would be a good choice IMO. The watch advertised here looks great, apart from the hands which can be swapped (Noob seconds hand is terrible). And you can swap the SA movement for a VR or VS if you want/need to.

The other alternative is to keep an eye out in the M2M section for an ARF v2. The v2 has good crown guards. However, most of the ARF 116660s I've seen have a badly misaligned OGEV ring, and on my v2, that is part of the case and cannot be adjusted. Although, this misalignment does exist on some gens, too.

Original v7 vs newer, claimed v7. Note the corner tips of the CGs.

3ExiGJ.jpg

3ExWik.jpg

BPF also make a nice 116660 and 126660. These are JCs, but you may be able to find the black dial versions. But remember to confirm the movement in these. E.g., a plain or decorated A2836 vs the SA3135 in the 116660, or the A2836 vs the SA3235 in the 126660. The movement determines modding options for dial and hands.

3EoPIi.png

3giJav.jpeg

brahmabull

On the hunt for PAM163,212,213,288,286,253,228,297
Supporter
Certified
7/11/10
Tar on toe
Thank you for the detailed reply. Will look out for those aspects when I look at incoming pictures. Thanks again

Reactions: SS72