• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

"Official DSSD Club"

rcom440

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/11/12
USA
HhO3qv.jpeg

Marbe78

29/9/20
Spain
Excellent thread, I have a question, which would be the best DeepSea Dweller 44mm with a black dial.
We have seen the problems in the color of the transition from blue to black and the green of the letters DEEPSEA but in the black version?
Do we have a good reputation?
Which factory would be the best and what flaws does it have?

Thanks to all who collaborate in this great forum
Ver detalles

Reactions: Gill777

rcom440

10/11/12
USA
Ask to jdepp and sayed not possible….do you know for sure that is possible?

are you able to show me how?

thanks in advance
Dril larger hole for stem on inner compression ring theb you will be able to rotate it.
HhMRqK.jpeg

Or
If on your rep compression ring is part of the case you would have to slightly rotate dial with movement, it would put pressure to on the stem
HhMd0J.jpeg

Reactions: C Master

Dumbbell

Horology Curious
Patron
Certified
2/6/20
What are people's thoughts on the watch linked below. I don't think Rolex has made a no date DeepSea yet. But assuming this had a date, what are its major flaws.

rcom440

10/11/12
USA
What are people's thoughts on the watch linked below. I don't think Rolex has made a no date DeepSea yet. But assuming this had a date, what are its major flaws.

This is actually very bad rep of Rolex Sea-Dweller Deepsea Challenge which is 50mm and Titanium case. They got depth range text correct.

Dumbbell

Horology Curious
Patron
Certified
2/6/20
Didn't realize they were trying to rep the Challenge. However, if I wasn't wanting an actual copy of a real watch. What are the negatives of this watch? I am very partial to the no date layout and like the the look of the DeepSea.

SS72

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
27/9/12
Australia
@rcom440 that JC looks great.

Hands can be swapped if it ever bothers you.
Rehaut/OGEV ring can apparently be adjusted on some factories and not on others, depending on what you read. I'd be keen to see a tutorial of this process on a Rep, but haven't found one so far. If I find one, I'll definitely share it.

From everything I've read, you cannot install a VR/VS movement in a case with ETA/A 2836, and the A3235 is just a decorated A2836.

This movement is know for paint flaking off the reversing wheels, so they're generally a ticking time bomb and will require replacement at some point. The Seagull is a decent replacement if you don't want to go with a gen ETA or Sellita. Any of those will be a straight swap, but the Rolex font DWO needs to be installed.

Enjoy it, mate. And feel free to share more wrist candy pics! 👍

P.S. I just bought the black dial version of this. Not sure what I'll do with 6 DSSDs, but that's not really the point, Hey! 😉

SS72

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
27/9/12
Australia
Didn't realize they were trying to rep the Challenge. However, if I wasn't wanting an actual copy of a real watch. What are the negatives of this watch? I am very partial to the no date layout and like the the look of the DeepSea.
This really is a bad rep, as called out above by @rcom440. Case is wrong. The OGEV font is wrong. OGEV ring is misaligned. Bezel insert pip is wrong. Hands are wrong. And there is no Sea-Dweller DeepSea without date. If you want a no-date dial, get a Submariner. It's just a much smaller watch, that's all.

rcom440

10/11/12
USA

Rehaut/OGEV ring can apparently be adjusted on some factories and not on others, depending on what you read. I'd be keen to see a tutorial of this process on a Rep, but haven't found one so far. If I find one, I'll definitely share it.

From everything I've read, you cannot install a VR/VS movement in a case with ETA/A 2836, and the A3235 is just a decorated A2836.

This movement is know for paint flaking off the reversing wheels, so they're generally a ticking time bomb and will require replacement at some point. The Seagull is a decent replacement if you don't want to go with a gen ETA or Sellita. Any of those will be a straight swap, but the Rolex font DWO needs to be installed.

Enjoy it, mate. And feel free to share more wrist candy pics! 👍

P.S. I just bought the black dial version of this. Not sure what I'll do with 6 DSSDs, but that's not really the point, Hey! 😉

Will date wheel from A3235 will fit Seagul?

Picasso74

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
2/6/20
Italy Pordenone
Not based on all the pics I have seen. Not sure about quality of the parts.

I l tried too bro….. but no lucky till now

rcom440

10/11/12
USA
SS72
Do you think this Seagull should fit, including swap date wheel from BP a3235 and Rolex crown?

Also, are you 100% sure that A3235 in BP is actually decorated A2836?
I’m asking because rotation of the hands when setting time is exactly like in Rolex 3235. In ETA A2836 rotation of the hands is opposite.

SS72

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
27/9/12
Australia
SS72
Do you think this Seagull should fit, including swap date wheel from BP a3235 and Rolex crown?

Also, are you 100% sure that A3235 in BP is actually decorated A2836?
I’m asking because rotation of the hands when setting time is exactly like in Rolex 3235. In ETA A2836 rotation of the hands is opposite.
Mate, I'm not 100% sure of anything when it comes to what TDs advertise on their sites. If the movement is an A3235, I believe that is a decorated 2836. Most parts are interchangeable and you can just swap the A3235 for a 2836. I believe the DWO can also be directly swapped in.

The pics of the movement in the ads for the 126660 BPF on Trusty Time (incorrectly advertised at 136660) and the 126660 GMF on TheOneWatches both appear to have the SA3235 movement (not A3235), which I believe it's based on the SA3135 but inferior in quality.
Big difference between A3235 and SA3235. (See links below.)

Image of SA3285 from the 'Comprehensive Guide to Clone Movements Found in Rolex Reps' RWI thread.

Images of SA3235 (labelled as A3235) on Trusty Time
H23FBt.jpeg

The SA3235 movements are a crappy attempt at a Rolex movement with some additional modifications (fluff) and, from what I've read, swapping it for either an ETA/A2836, Seagull, Sellita, or VR/VS movement is very tricky or not possible at all, and parts are not interchangeable between SA and ETA-based movements without some serious next-level hacks.

Links to DSSD ads with SA3235 movements:

Links to movement resources and some questions answered (no doubt you've already seen these):

Further clarification of these movements and what can/cannot be done with each one may be available from @KJ2020 and/or @dogwood, in addition to what is already provided here:

From all the searching I've been doing, I'm still unsure what options there are for replacing the movement in a 126660 if the existing SA3235 dies, and depending on which movement can be used, what modifications are required to other parts (e.g., dial, stem...).
My incoming 126660 BPF has the SA3235 (ack, I'm basically asking for trouble), so I'll be finding out what can and can't be done the hard way at some point.

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
From all the searching I've been doing, I'm still unsure what options there are for replacing the movement in a 126660 if the existing SA3235 dies, and depending on which movement can be used, what modifications are required to other parts (e.g., dial, stem...).
My incoming 126660 BPF has the SA3235 (ack, I'm basically asking for trouble), so I'll be finding out what can and can't be done the hard way at some point.
I don't have one of these but Trusty's pics are showing an SA3235. It's not an ETA with a deco plate. You can see the BP proprietary 3135 balance assembly clearly, it's not hiding an ETA balance. Also the reversing gears, the yoke for sliding gear (at arrow) and the 7 hole rotor axle are identical to stock pics I have of BP/GMF 3235/3285s.

Trusty pics of SA3235
H2KCL1.jpeg

Look how small the yoke and sliding gear are compared to the VS and VR 3235s below. But the BP one is still functional, it's not the deco one (which is easily identified as a nonfunctional molded part).
H2KPrj.jpeg

The arrows in the VS pic below are not related to this discussion, but show some differences between the VS and the VR.
jIXLMv.jpg

jIXUqj.jpg

On the dial side, the SA3235 is also proprietary. Its calendar parts are all different and its datewheel is not interchangeable with either the VR or the VS. The SA datewheel has its teeth at mid number, like a 3135. A gen-spec 3235 datewheel has teeth at bottom number.

jotefj.jpg

The VR3235 has calendar parts like a 3135, but at least its datewheel is like a 3235. The VR and VS datewheels are interchangeable.

jWlqss.jpg

jWQr4b.jpg

I would let the SA3235 run as long as it will. Sometimes they are OK. I still have a BP 16610 LV with an SA3135 never touched running strong for nearly two years. I also have a VR3135 set aside for it but I'll wait.

When it comes to replacement, there's no reason a VR or VS wouldn't be compatible. The VS is harder to get now, they are scarce to nonexistent on Ali. A VR3235 would be fine. I'd put money on it the BP dial has feet and not in a standard location so they'll need to be clipped. Then what I do now with all the dial issues 116x vs 126x is just epoxy the dial to the date plate. Four narrow strips in clear areas, set the dial, center the middle hole, align the date, protect the dial, weight it gently and let it cure. Epoxy is easily enough sliced through and cleaned off both surfaces when needed. Ofc keep the glue strips away from the datewheel.

The case should also accommodate a 2824 with regard to stem height but that means fitting a (maybe custom) movement holder, new hands and a Rolex font datewheel overlay (DWO). I can't see a benefit to that over a VR/VS.

Any new movement will come with it's own stem. The VR3235 uses a 3135 stem, but the BP 3135 (and likely 3235) stem is proprietary so in any movement swap the new movement stem will probably have to be swapped onto the BP crown.

Last edited:

SS72

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
27/9/12
Australia
Thank you very much! Here's hoping it survives the journey and runs normally for a while. If not, I know what to do now. (y)

Murphy's Law: a month after my BP arrives, someone will release a (decent) 126660 or 136660 with native VS movement.

Reactions: Gill777 and KJ2020