• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

"Official DSSD Club"

injector

You're Saying I Can Sell?
29/3/22
I have seen GEN at AD but the problem is that the AD has perfect lightning :)

SS72

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
27/9/12
Australia
I have an ARF-based BK 126660 and it's friggin' unreal in every aspect. The biggest challenges on the Cameron is the fade from blue to black, and the platinum numbers of the Bezel. Then again, who has EVER seen a GEN Cameron in the wild? I haven't . . .
I've tried on a gen 136660. And have also seen it side by side with my ARF 116660 JC. Together, differences are always visible. I haven't seen a 12X JC in the flesh, but from all pics I've seen, the CGs are way off. Keen to see yours if you have pic.

That aside, only way to get any ARF is M2M.

Here's the 13. It's spectacular!

3udpNn.jpg

bosnjo_o

Horology Curious
28/2/20
Hello rep fam..
I'm a dssd fan,after all this new factories of submariner,datejust and etc..
Which is now good for dssd black and dblue..
thanks

Hesekiel

Vintage Watch Enthusiast
Supporter
Certified
4/1/17
California
Here's a very "casual" photo I took of my 126660 last Friday. Check out the fit of the SELs; all 4 sides are so flush with the case that there is zero improvement possible, not even for an AI-controlled surgery robot. BK improves multiple aspects of the watch and his work is worth every penny. I wear it a lot and have done so since I received it from BK late in December of 2021. And keep in mind, its engine is a GEN Swiss ETA, for peace of mind.

EuroTime25

Lost Soul of Watches
Supporter
Certified
24/7/20
West USA
This was the only time I seen DSSD JC in the wild. I have a noob V10 and the transition is off but the only way to know is if you have them in your hands. The black version DSSD and the Sea Dweller 43 (I have ARF) are so close it’s impossible to tell. And the part I like is the Noob V10 to me looks like this is how it should have been from factory. And the Gen looks like a fake version, noobs blue is amazing to me.

Last edited:

jg3456

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
31/7/12
Denver, CO
This was the only time I seen DSSD JC in the wild. I have a noob V10 and the transition is off but the only way to know is if you have them in your hands. The black version DSSD and the Sea Dweller 43 (I have ARF) are so close it’s impossible to tell. And the part I like is the Noob V10 to me looks like this is how it should have been from factory. And the Gen looks like a fake version, noobs blue is amazing to me.

I agree on the V10's blue to black transition~

SS72

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
27/9/12
Australia
Here's a very "casual" photo I took of my 126660 last Friday. Check out the fit of the SELs; all 4 sides are so flush with the case that there is zero improvement possible, not even for an AI-controlled surgery robot. BK improves multiple aspects of the watch and his work is worth every penny. I wear it a lot and have done so since I received it from BK late in December of 2021. And keep in mind, its engine is a GEN Swiss ETA, for peace of mind.

My point about the CGs is visible in this picture. The inside angle from the end of the CG back towards the crown is too steep, resulting in CGs that are very fat at the base on each side. A good example of the ARF 126660 CGs vs Gen shown here: https://forum.replica-watch.info/th...ion-904l-ss-case-and-bracelet-a2824.10928408/
ARF 126660 has the usual misaligned "K" on the ring, same as the 116660. It's a damn shame, too, because the ARF v2 116660 has very good CGs. Example here: https://forum.replica-watch.info/threads/official-dssd-club.50196/page-95
Fat CGs is almost a trademark on ARF Sea-Dwellers; their SD43 is no exception.

Reactions: Gill777

bosnjo_o

Horology Curious
28/2/20
Hello guys,local dealer send me this dssd dblue as he say its noob
I would like more experienced people to ask if this is a noob or other factory and if you can recognize which is?
Thanks a lot

SS72

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
27/9/12
Australia
The CGs are too rounded (more gen like) on the ends to be Noob v7. No idea really. Either way, I reckon it looks good.
Could it be a BPF?

Last edited:

bosnjo_o

Horology Curious
28/2/20
Hello,
Just let to know local seller confim its a Bp factory with a3235 movement.
Thank you @SS72 for your help.

Reactions: SS72

tommikeson

24/10/14
I have an ARF-based BK 126660 and it's friggin' unreal in every aspect. The biggest challenges on the Cameron is the fade from blue to black, and the platinum numbers of the Bezel. Then again, who has EVER seen a GEN Cameron in the wild? I haven't . . .
I actually saw one Saturday. I took a 2 hour trip to visit my nearest AD and get on the list.

I wear the ARF 116660 quite often, I know that it's a little different. My takeaway was that the two are damn near indistinguishable. The weight was spot on, finish seemed to be on point. The blue to black on my ARF seemed to be the same. What was different? The green "DEEPSEA" text on the gen was brighter, I think this is a known difference. The new one had a larger date window, but that was a change from the 11 to 12, I don't know if the ARF 12 changed the size of the date window. If they are reusing the 11 dial, then it is going to be wrong. I also noticed that the markers on the gen dial were a touch thicker and shiner in person, most images don't show this.

Anyway, based on the comparison of mine and the gen and my VSF and a gen sub, I still put my name on the list but I sort of feel like they are a waste of money at their price now. I'm going to buy a Tudor instead. Even if they were available, I don't think they are worth the asking price when the reps are damn near visually perfect.

Hesekiel

Vintage Watch Enthusiast
Supporter
Certified
4/1/17
California
@tommikeson . . . thanks for sharing.
Basically, these replicas have achieved a level so high that it takes direct comparison side by side to detect any difference. For all practical purposes, Gen and Rep look the same.

Past Sunday, the wife and I went to our local Mexican place for brunch. Dude on the next table wore a Racing Daytona, all black. He wore casual clothes and had two super cute French Bulldogs with him. We started chatting about the dogs -- I love dogs -- and I complimented him on his watch. (I wore my Panerai Bronzo, not a Rolex.) To tell you the truth, his Daytona looked so perfect, I think it was a GEN, and in regard to judging the wearer, it might have been -- or not. That's where we stand now in 2023. There's no way of telling anymore, unless the wearer himself indicates the watch is a replica.

SS72

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
27/9/12
Australia
The green "DEEPSEA" text on the gen was brighter, I think this is a known difference. The new one had a larger date window, but that was a change from the 11 to 12, I don't know if the ARF 12 changed the size of the date window. If they are reusing the 11 dial, then it is going to be wrong.

Even if they were available, I don't think they are worth the asking price when the reps are damn near visually perfect.
Man, how stunning are they! Especially under those LEDs.

I don't think anyone has gotten the green DEEPSEA right, yet. When they do...

The date window on the 12 is the same as the 11. But the 12 introduced the crown between 'Swiss Made', so the 11 dial will still be wrong. The larger date window happened with the 13. Its seconds and minutes hans are also slightly longer, and the bezel is lower/closer to the case, so the crystal sits a little higher as a result.

I was on the list for the 136660 last year. At the time (December), the price was $18.5k AUD from an AD. They had a display model in stock and I tried it on. I was set to go as soon as it was available. Then, in the second week of January, they called to tell me it was available. However, the price was increased to $21.5k. I had to let it go.

If I get a gen, it'll be a) from a reputable grey market dealer, and b) when the AUD is worth more than 0.60 USD! If I have the opportunity to build a franken before then, I'd probably pass on the gen.
Like this beauty belonging to @dvouss

SS72

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
27/9/12
Australia
Bad news from my v10 noob…..

is not possible swapping the clone movement inside instead the deco plated……i m so sorry🥺🥺🥺
Hi mate, I just came across this thread. It appears the member who did the work is still active, so you may be able to get your mod to accept a VR or VS movement done...

tommikeson

24/10/14
Man, how stunning are they! Especially under those LEDs.

I don't think anyone has gotten the green DEEPSEA right, yet. When they do...

The date window on the 12 is the same as the 11. But the 12 introduced the crown between 'Swiss Made', so the 11 dial will still be wrong. The larger date window happened with the 13. Its seconds and minutes hans are also slightly longer, and the bezel is lower/closer to the case, so the crystal sits a little higher as a result.

I was on the list for the 136660 last year. At the time (December), the price was $18.5k AUD from an AD. They had a display model in stock and I tried it on. I was set to go as soon as it was available. Then, in the second week of January, they called to tell me it was available. However, the price was increased to $21.5k. I had to let it go.

If I get a gen, it'll be a) from a reputable grey market dealer, and b) when the AUD is worth more than 0.60 USD! If I have the opportunity to build a franken before then, I'd probably pass on the gen.
Like this beauty belonging to @dvouss
@SS72 , I think you were right to pass on it. I suppose if you want it as something to pass down, then by all means. I don't think it's worth the price unless you have a disposable income that provides you a lifestyle where you don't need to work. Otherwise the ARF is the way to go.

I do think that the 13 looked a little better than the 11, the bracelet size certainly improves the proportions. I'm indifferent about the date window. I think the date font was a little larger as well.

SS72

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
27/9/12
Australia
@SS72 , I think you were right to pass on it. I suppose if you want it as something to pass down, then by all means. I don't think it's worth the price unless you have a disposable income that provides you a lifestyle where you don't need to work. Otherwise the ARF is the way to go.

I do think that the 13 looked a little better than the 11, the bracelet size certainly improves the proportions. I'm indifferent about the date window. I think the date font was a little larger as well.
I said the same thing to myself before buying my first gen 16610, and then before the 116610. No discipline!

Definitely a fan of the wider bracelet. Even though it's minimal, it makes a difference. I like the flatter-sitting bezel, too. And, like you, am indifferent about the date window. I can't read the date anyway. :oops:

I love the 11, too, and if I owned a gen, I wouldn't feel any real need to upgrade. Better power reserve in the movement, and the old Achilles Heel in the rotor axle is gone, but the entire spring barrel and mainspring needs to be replaced together. So...

This is the 11 and 12, but increase the date window by a mm and extend the sec/min hands by the same amount... Bugger all in it.

3szYHn.jpg

3EgsXs.png