• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

"Official DSSD Club"

jpchub

Renowned Member
7/12/18
Cape Town
I've been looking for a good 126660 (black or blue) for a while. The best of the lot, IMO, at the moment is the Noob v10, if it's still available. However, it has the A3235 movement, which is just a decorated copy of the 2836, I believe. I personally would not bother with one of those. Also, the Noob case back is painted, not Titanium.

I don't know anything about the other factories, but looking at the images of those watches, the dial print is not good, the cases are incorrect, as are the bracelets (wrong width at the lugs right down to the clasp). They appear to be an 116660 with a 126660 dial.

You can buy VR movements for an average of $100 USD from AliExpress and other markets. But swapping them out is the challenge, if you aren't capable of doing it and there is no one nearby who you trust.

I'm holding out for M2M ARF sales, or for VSF to tackle the DSSD.
Thank you, that helps. Should he settle for the VFS 126600 rather, are those any good? I am assuming they are doing the SD as good as they do the Subs?

SS72

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
27/9/12
Australia
VSF i mean. Typo
Not sure about the VSF SD43 quality compared to the Sub. There should be loads of info on that thread.

jpchub

Renowned Member
7/12/18
Cape Town
Not sure about the VSF SD43 quality compared to the Sub. There should be loads of info on that thread.

yeah, I came across this and in the process of reading it through. much appreciated!

jpchub

Renowned Member
7/12/18
Cape Town
I need some guidance if possible. So we ordered a VSF SD for my mate, and after a week we just received the QC and it has an ARF sticker on it. So guess they are back? Is it ok to post the QC pics so anyone can confirm that it is? If I understand correcrly the ARF is more accurate than the VSF right?

SS72

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
27/9/12
Australia
I need some guidance if possible. So we ordered a VSF SD for my mate, and after a week we just received the QC and it has an ARF sticker on it. So guess they are back? Is it ok to post the QC pics so anyone can confirm that it is? If I understand correcrly the ARF is more accurate than the VSF right?
Asking direct QC related questions about a watch you've ordered, but not accepted, is fine; you just can't ask questions like, "Does this watch look okay", etc.

This is a thread for the DSSD, not the SD43, so I recommend you post your question in the VSF SD43 thread. First, though, I would ask the TD to clarify. You could also ask to see images showing the serial number on the Rehaut, and the clasp code. The CGs should also give you an indication - in the past, ARF CGs have been an obvious tell. VSF's are closer to gen.

jpchub

Renowned Member
7/12/18
Cape Town
Asking direct QC related questions about a watch you've ordered, but not accepted, is fine; you just can't ask questions like, "Does this watch look okay", etc.

This is a thread for the DSSD, not the SD43, so I recommend you post your question in the VSF SD43 thread. First, though, I would ask the TD to clarify. You could also ask to see images showing the serial number on the Rehaut, and the clasp code. The CGs should also give you an indication - in the past, ARF CGs have been an obvious tell. VSF's are closer to gen.
Thank you. I know this is not the correct thread, but figured this would be the closest as the watch was not the VSF. No worries though as we rejected the ARF and asked for the VSF as originally ordered. Thankfully the repclament came super quick and is looking good. I was under the impression ARF was not available, but seems they are afterall.

• Angry
Reactions: Ritual

SS72

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
27/9/12
Australia
JC about to join the family. Save travels, buddy.

39NsNn.jpg

zsm9Ds.jpg

Reactions: Gill777

ExtraExtra

Il Valore del Tempo
Supporter
21/3/07
Up where we belong
In my opinion best of all but need pick your flaws among noob/ARF and others. Fantastic dial--vibrant blue and green, correct hand length, great lume..caseback is painted (not titanium) which peels off if you care about this...they say ARF bracelet superior... noob V10 likely not available unless new old stock (also doubtful).
Looking to join the DSSD club and looking at the v7. Is the v10 and big departure from V7?

SS72

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
27/9/12
Australia
Even the one on TT looks misaligned. You can easily tell by looking at the "K" of the "RING LOCK SYSYTEM" text: the "K" should be centered exactly below the 6 O'clock marker, wich is by far not the case here (Noob v10 made it (much) better :'( )
As it is sometimes the case for ARF, the luming is not well done. For my ARF V3 this is the case for the hands (comparatively weak lume) and 10 O'clock marker (not even distributed material). For the one on TT this is the same case for the Hands. But of course this is only noticeable in the dark. Other than that, it's a great watch.
If I'm not wrong, the OGEV ring is, unlike the original, not part of the ring lock system, so that it can be correctly aligned by the watchmaker (of course: a compromise has to be made elsewhere in the text).
Do you happen to know, with regard to the OGEV ring, can a Noob ring be swapped into an ARF to fix up the alignment?

Leescott100

Horology Curious
26/8/18
Folks, I am in need of info please. A mate of mine is interested in a 126660. I have very little experience with these and after trying to learn more the last two days I feel I still don't know much more. What I gathered was the ARF seems good to go. He's happy to take the a2824 as he is in quite a rural area and it would be easier to have a 2824 fixed/serviced rather than a 3235. Now my TD tells me the ARF is definitely off the table. I knew they were closed, but figured I might get lucky. So TD suggested the CSF. Is there anyone here with experience with this new factory? Is the VR3235 stable enough now a days? Any other factories someone could recommend?
Forget CSF the ring lock system engraving is wrong, get JVS! Also with VR3235 it's a good movement just not as long power reserve as DD3235

Coffeemug

Certified
14/1/21
Germany
Do you happen to know, with regard to the OGEV ring, can a Noob ring be swapped into an ARF to fix up the alignment?
I don't know. But if the ring isn't fix, it can be alligned at the cost that your rehaut isn't anymore. But after all, because of the massive christal, the rehaut is not so noticeable. At least not as much as the OGEV text.

Reactions: SS72

Picasso74

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
2/6/20
Italy Pordenone
I have a nood v10 DSSD dblue….

after about an year i decide to put inside a vr 3235 movement…align the bezel and dial and give it a gen like brush ….hope it come well

all will be done by jdepp

photos when it ll came back

SS72

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
27/9/12
Australia
I have a nood v10 DSSD dblue….

after about an year i decide to put inside a vr 3235 movement…align the bezel and dial and give it a gen like brush ….hope it come well

all will be done by jdepp

photos when it ll came back
That would be a nice touch up and modification. Or has the work already been done?

Isn't the SA3235 in the Noob v10 just a decorated A2836? I wasn't aware you could swap that movement for a VR3235. Different dial feet, stem position, etc. Then again, there probably isn't must that JDepp can't do with a watch.

Last edited: