• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

GMT Master II : "Batman" BLNR

preppyr6

I'm Pretty Popular
29/10/15
Here’s something I knocked up before approving the QC pics - left is a Gen (apols to original poster) & on the right is one of my QC images. I spent a day or so comparing the two before I gave the go-ahead. I felt they were very close, as close as it was ever likely to get.
7bdea919c8ec418a5864683df52a0778.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow thats fantastic. Thanks! v8 is a notable improvement over the v7. Still has a ways to go, but I agree it will never be perfect unless they rework their bezel mfr process. I know ARF is a ways off, so I may dabble with the noob for the time being.

preppyr6

I'm Pretty Popular
29/10/15
we've heard this before, it will be much, much after CNY

Probably right, but I do have another dealer confirming March 2019. That said, I was expecting the 116622 last month...so yeah you could be right.

preppyr6

I'm Pretty Popular
29/10/15
So is the consensus that the noob insert blue is too light vs gen? Im well aware of all the flaws...its just really difficult to get a definitive answer on how the insert is compared to gen. Even side by side (earlier in this thread), its difficult to tell bc (even with the same light) they are at different angles. I guess its just best to wait for ARF or save up for gen...but wondering if Noob's version is better than we collectively give it credit for.

rcom440

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/11/12
USA
So is the consensus that the noob insert blue is too light vs gen? Im well aware of all the flaws...its just really difficult to get a definitive answer on how the insert is compared to gen. Even side by side (earlier in this thread), its difficult to tell bc (even with the same light) they are at different angles. I guess its just best to wait for ARF or save up for gen...but wondering if Noob's version is better than we collectively give it credit for.

There are pics somewhere on this forum of noob v8 right next to gen - same angle, same light, and blue looks very close. This is a very good rep.

northerner_uk

You're Saying I Can Sell?
14/9/18
So is the consensus that the noob insert blue is too light vs gen? I'm well aware of all the flaws...its just really difficult to get a definitive answer on how the insert is compared to gen. Even side by side (earlier in this thread), its difficult to tell bc (even with the same light) they are at different angles. I guess its just best to wait for ARF or save up for gen...but wondering if Noob's version is better than we collectively give it credit for.

I agree that the Noob v8 is very good. I was perfectly happy with it until reading comments on here about the bezel being a little too light blue... I hadn't noticed, but of course once someone points it out, you can't get that thought out of your head!

I've spent the last week trying to work out if any colour difference is just in my mind & I've concluded this...
  • If no one had mentioned it, I'd have been none the wiser.
  • Unless you already own one & look at them side-by-side, you'd never know.
  • The bezel does look different (even to the eye) in varying light throughout the day. It reflects white from walls, light blue from the sky & this all seems to contribute to the perceived colour. Lower light reflection makes the bezel look perfect. Perhaps the Gen is the same, I don't know.
  • For a Rep, I think you'd be hard pressed to get anything much closer when everything else about the watch is so good. Unless you are prepared to wait, but then history tells me that progress isn't always better :)

rcom440

10/11/12
USA
I agree that the Noob v8 is very good. I was perfectly happy with it until reading comments on here about the bezel being a little too light blue... I hadn't noticed, but of course once someone points it out, you can't get that thought out of your head!

I've spent the last week trying to work out if any colour difference is just in my mind & I've concluded this...
  • The bezel does look different (even to the eye) in varying light throughout the day. It reflects white from walls, light blue from the sky & this all seems to contribute to the perceived colour. Lower light reflection makes the bezel look perfect. Perhaps the Gen is the same, I don't know.
  • For a Rep, I think you'd be hard pressed to get anything much closer when everything else about the watch is so good. Unless you are prepared to wait, but then history tells me that progress isn't always better :)

Post more pics.

preppyr6

I'm Pretty Popular
29/10/15

post-all-the-pics-meme.jpg

Reactions: KJ2020

northerner_uk

You're Saying I Can Sell?
14/9/18
First three are artificial light in three different rooms of my house. The final photo is iPhone flash.

All earlier thread pics are daylight unless stated otherwise.

preppyr6

I'm Pretty Popular
29/10/15
So I was looking back at some qc pics of a v7 BLNR that I rejected last year (and opted for the ARF Daytona instead)...honestly, the blue, while not perfect, isnt bad. I'm thinking about test driving the v8 until the ARF releases.

rcom440

10/11/12
USA
So I was looking back at some qc pics of a v7 BLNR that I rejected last year (and opted for the ARF Daytona instead)...honestly, the blue, while not perfect, isnt bad. I'm thinking about test driving the v8 until the ARF releases.

Same here. I actually think BLNR v8 is pretty good.
I woudn’t put too much hope on ARF nailing much better Batman.
I like their Daytonas, DJ, OP and SD but
i think Noob did better job on latest Hulk and Subs that ARF.
arf will probably use 904l and they may still use their ridiculous DW.

Reactions: northerner_uk

preppyr6

I'm Pretty Popular
29/10/15
Same here. I actually think BLNR v8 is pretty good.
I woudn’t put too much hope on ARF nailing much better Batman.
I like their Daytonas, DJ, OP and SD but
i think Noob did better job on latest Hulk and Subs that ARF.
arf will probably use 904l and they may still use their ridiculous DW.

Yeah thats also a good point...a lot of us ASSUME that ARF will be superior to Noob...but we dont know that.

Reactions: northerner_uk

cwfmon

Renowned Member
5/11/16
Here’s my BK Noob v7 with aftermarket insert for which I just complete molotow paint mod.

f75d48ddd9ef0c4c8ee357ac1f77edfc.jpg