• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

GMT Master II : "Batman" BLNR

D

d4m.test

@ixnay07
I got me a bright noob personally.
Still missing some shades of the gen.
Latest vrf and locoluie we’re waiting for an full review soon, neither them are 100% or even 90% of gen for sure.
Agree; nobody knows until @mech500 does his review on locolouie vs. gen...

preppyr6

I'm Pretty Popular
29/10/15
I just got the latest noob v7 ICHS BLNR a couple of weeks back.

I got the ICHS as I hear the CHS movement is less stable and I don’t think anyone will look at my watch to see if the GMT hand crosses the hour hand :p

The bezel is pretty hard to get right and I spent a lot of time doing the sharpie mod on it — still not perfect especially since I’m a complete noob.

As with the rep game, another issue is that the bezel insert was not completely aligned — so I had to learn how to remove it (a bit challenging for a novice like me but easy fix for more seasoned folks; ended up with minor scuff on my bracelet but nothing that scotchbrite and cape cod can’t fix).

The bracelet is really shiny, the watch has heft, so I would say it’s a solidly built and handsome watch. Just wish they can fix the too-light markings on the bezel insert and the line on the “6” marker.

Well here are pictures of mine, after I did some work (tough for a novice like me)

87c7c47a366460ffa93c4dd151780fe8.heic

26ec9588c2d6f3c13d09e1f36dcb525b.heic

18ea5e0d853785cb1744a0b55e5f996a.heic

d3f01afab89612c2cd1cd2c45d3ab23d.heic

e3cc880215a70f039901b161da920ff1.heic

Sent from the RWI App

Looks good. Well done with the sharpie mod. My only issue with this ICHS v7 is that the insert is different than the TD pics. I rejected 2 of these because the transition at 18 is too far to the left. It should cross about 1/4 through the 8. The CHS has this correct, but I keep seeing the ICHS v7 with it crossing just at the edge of 8...and I would think/Ive been told that the inserts are supposed to be the same as the CHS.

D

d4m.test

Looks good. Well done with the sharpie mod. My only issue with this ICHS v7 is that the insert is different than the TD pics. I rejected 2 of these because the transition at 18 is too far to the left. It should cross about 1/4 through the 8. The CHS has this correct, but I keep seeing the ICHS v7 with it crossing just at the edge of 8...and I would think/Ive been told that the inserts are supposed to be the same as the CHS.

I think what you mean is the Noob v2; where the blue transition does not even touch the “8” on the “18”.

But on that one it is in a way better — you don’t get the line on the “6” marker; the markings are whiter and not as faded out as the latest Noob.

On the gen the blue should definitely overlap “8” on the “18”; not quite 1/4 through I Guess; probably something around 1/5 :p

So the latest Noobs do have the better transition at the “8”; but then you get the line on the “6” and the faded marking colour... :(( !!!

See old thread below by @efthimis for the v2 with the wrong transition on the “18”; but no line at “6” and better marking colour.. he of course upgraded to a gen!! :)

https://forum.replica-watch.info/threads/gmt-master-ii-blnr-noob-v2-with-a2813-158-pic-heavy.281713/

Sent from the RWI App

efthimis

Mythical Poster
20/6/15
See old thread below by @efthimis for the v2 with the wrong transition on the “18”; but no line at “6” and better marking colour.. he of course upgraded to a gen!! :)

https://forum.replica-watch.info/threads/gmt-master-ii-blnr-noob-v2-with-a2813-158-pic-heavy.281713/

Sent from the RWI App
Wow, thank you for that!! I even forgot having this watch, yes gen is slightly better ([emoji12][emoji12]) but for the “value for money” prize we have a clear winner [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

D

d4m.test

Louie informs me that the insert has been shipped. Hopefully, have it to hand next week (before I go away on holiday)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Waiting with bated breath :)

D

d4m.test

I have also noticed that the movement of the hands in the BLNR or any GMT II for that matter has not been perfected by any of the factories.

The BP factory BLNR has the best blue on the bezel insert but unfortunately they have completely messed up the hand movement. One can even change the date in this particular model which cannot be done in the gen. Further, I don't think the GMT hand independently moves in the gen. Even this is flawed in the BP

As far as the Noob V7 which costs around 418 USD on the websites, I find that when one adjusts the hour hand independently the GMT hand keeps wobbling, which clearly gives the watch away.

So not only is the bezel insert a problem, but the hand movements are also a major flaw in these reps. Any thoughts?

imranbecks

I'm Pretty Popular
17/11/15
The Neutral Zone
I have also noticed that the movement of the hands in the BLNR or any GMT II for that matter has not been perfected by any of the factories.

The BP factory BLNR has the best blue on the bezel insert but unfortunately they have completely messed up the hand movement. One can even change the date in this particular model which cannot be done in the gen. Further, I don't think the GMT hand independently moves in the gen. Even this is flawed in the BP

As far as the Noob V7 which costs around 418 USD on the websites, I find that when one adjusts the hour hand independently the GMT hand keeps wobbling, which clearly gives the watch away.

So not only is the bezel insert a problem, but the hand movements are also a major flaw in these reps. Any thoughts?

The hand movement in particular the independent GMT hour hand is indeed a flaw on the reps. But no one would see it except the wearer during setting of the watch. So it's something I can live with on my Batman rep.

Just realised too that the numbers on the bezel of the BP rep looks really rough.

Reactions: ark2506

MAYHM

Known Member
Certified
22/3/16
any good news on a super or first class rep on the batman?
Unfortunately not. To get anything close to a good rep of this you will need to build a franken - and things like the bezel assembly are difficult to come by and demand a big price when they do come up for sale.

Reactions: MrBeasy

emdeevee

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
24/5/13
Southern California
I disagree. Get the Noob with CHS, have the bezel modded by Smoke or SpongeBob, switch out for a gen crystal and you have it pretty good. Here's mine, but with a Prof crystal.
191e04fa67eba62830d109393c220d58.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

leo6929

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
2/5/16
Who modded your bezel? Looks pretty good...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

blehbleh215

2/2/17
I disagree. Get the Noob with CHS, have the bezel modded by Smoke or SpongeBob, switch out for a gen crystal and you have it pretty good. Here's mine, but with a Prof crystal.
191e04fa67eba62830d109393c220d58.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

The insert color and whole watch looks great.

Longwood

6/11/17
Florida
In no way shape or forum does a paint mod really make the watch much better. The colors are just off. Although it’s a amazing watch. Sadly the insert is horrible. If enough people do complain about it noob or arf will move it up this list.

need a sxs?
BC053126-ECC8-463F-A13D-E7BB6405AA94_zpsm5vlusks.jpeg

Longwood

6/11/17
Florida
The issue is the noob insert is actually two pieces molded together. So inside the joints at 6/18 you can see they are not level. This being said when you paint mod it, it only gets worse. Same with platinum splatter coating.

The blnr has caught a lot of attention lately. Minus the bezel it’s a pretty solid rep. Keep in mind the movement in the blnr (rep 3186) can be unreliable.

I can understand the attraction to such a watch ❤️

4096F1EC-E7EE-46A1-997A-40960CC44FE4_zpsnt5qywwq.jpeg

Reactions: blehbleh215