• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ARF SD43 904L 126600 review (many pics)

Martycus

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
1/10/14
CONUS
Gens have the same issues with rehaut misalignment. It puzzles me why people on this forum obsess over it so much.

The fix is to rotate the dial so it aligns, but then the dial will be out of alignment with the bezel. Rehaut on mine was slightly out too but I don't care.

Yep, Although it's gotten much better than years ago, people need to remember these are still reps and as you point out, misalignment on the rehaut and the cyclops can also be found on the gen.

Reactions: m5smg2

Garbancillo

Horology Curious
27/2/17
Placed an order and got QC. Everything looks good on this one but the 12 o'clock marker is crooked (tip not aligned with coronet) and has a kink or dent in the metal on the upper right. This may drive me nuts every time I look at it, but do you guys think it's worth rejecting?

Yes, I would not accept that unit.

szombat

Horology Curious
29/8/16
Hi all!

Haven't got any answers regarding my question about the bracelet quality so I try again: does the bracelet on a new V2 feels solid, quality like?
After all, half the experience is the bracelet.

Thanks!

Garbancillo

Horology Curious
27/2/17
Hi all!

Haven't got any answers regarding my question about the bracelet quality so I try again: does the bracelet on a new V2 feels solid, quality like?
After all, half the experience is the bracelet.

Thanks!

For me, sure, it is!

m5smg2

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
23/8/07
My early V1 (the one on this thread) and the two V2 I have since all have solid bracelets with very good SEL and tight clasps. As solid or more so than my Noobs.

szombat

Horology Curious
29/8/16
I am suffering from the buying-a-watch insomnia, and trying to figure out why an ARF SD43 (or any other) watch would be a bad idea to buy. So far Im loosing, and I blame it on you guys :D

RBB224

16/10/16
I am suffering from the buying-a-watch insomnia, and trying to figure out why an ARF SD43 (or any other) watch would be a bad idea to buy. So far Im loosing, and I blame it on you guys :D

The ARF SD43 is a really good ootb rep, just get it and make sure you check the QC pic carefully. It's a rep it's inevitable to have flaws compare to the genuine one. Just get it if you really like it :) we can't expect a rep to be 100% like genuine.

szombat

Horology Curious
29/8/16
The ARF SD43 is a really good ootb rep, just get it and make sure you check the QC pic carefully. It's a rep it's inevitable to have flaws compare to the genuine one. Just get it if you really like it :) we can't expect a rep to be 100% like genuine.

I think I will.
Dont get me wrong, I am perfectly aware of the situation with replica watches, I very much enjoy my IWC TopGun from V6F :) Its just the usual do you need one more piece of thing... :D but this....this certanly does tick all the boxes

QC-wise the usual? rehaut allignment, SEL, bezel fonts, bops n scratches, DW mag?

kaddy

Known Member
14/7/18

I feel you. I intended to buy one of the new VSF Omegas for a long while but I placed an order for this instead.

Martycus

Patron
Certified
1/10/14
CONUS
I feel you. I intended to buy one of the new VSF Omegas for a long while but I placed an order for this instead.

haha -- ditto here. I intended to pickup the new VSF as well but settled on this and now having it worked on; which is part of the allure of buying reps

ofircupra

Horology Curious
11/11/18
I got mine couple days ago, my first bracelet rep.
I noticed the barcelet make a lot of squeaks and doesn't feel smooth.
Anything I can do to make it feel better?

Also I knoow i have a bit of OCD but the watch getting a lot of tiny scratches by it self from friction is that normal?

Tobel

6/7/17

Also I knoow i have a bit of OCD but the watch getting a lot of tiny scratches by it self from friction is that normal?

Search for "baby oil" in the forum, you'll find posts on how to make this better

szombat

Horology Curious
29/8/16

weeelll, fuuck...

RBB224

16/10/16

This is common for rep bracelet, just dip it in baby oil and let it stay in there for a day then use a soft brush to brush the tiny gaps. It's full of dirt and grease from rep factory. As for scratches it's inevitable, just don't dive it around desk or have any friction contact that grind it and scratch it if you're ocd.

RetFed

Renowned Member
23/3/14
Anyone has a New SD43 picture with the updated teeth?

Like this?
6fce55fa4727e21edc80b063277aaffb.jpg
4b62c07d99d93f554a13757e5bc9da8e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk