• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ARF SD43 904L 126600 review (many pics)

Swerepguy

12/2/18
Placed an order and got QC. Everything looks good on this one but the 12 o'clock marker is crooked (tip not aligned with coronet) and has a kink or dent in the metal on the upper right. This may drive me nuts every time I look at it, but do you guys think it's worth rejecting?

YpFfA.jpg

Reject! The triangle got a ding too.

Reactions: m5smg2 and kaddy

Martycus

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
1/10/14
CONUS
Yes - look at it this way, whenever I look at a QC pix, I think what could happen if I try to sell this M2M, are there any flaws that could potentially reject the sale, be cause of someone trying to lower the price or worse, getting slammed for not seeing it. Do you think you'll be able to sell this at close to what you paid? Is this a piece you'd buy M2M? Unless you have a gen dial lined up, I'd pass on this and ask fro another.

Reactions: m5smg2 and kaddy

rayz20

Renowned Member
29/6/17
Guys What do you think about the flat hands on the SD43 V2? The sub ARF for example got 3d Hands by now.

szombat

Horology Curious
29/8/16
Hi Guys!
Been lurking here, been reading all the comments, have to say it is A LOT.

2 things are a little bit bothering to me:
  1. the fading/colouring... I dont really want it to change its colour.
  2. Someone stated that the bracelet of his V2 is a rattling, cheaply made thing. I fear this, as the V1 that has started this thread clearly boasted a quality, heavy bracelet. Whats the truth then with recent watches?
Also, QC the followings right?: rehaut, bezel, inserts, magn. crystal allignment (really not sure how, as it depends on the photo angle)

Been rocking with a V6F IWC top gun, aaand I love it, so Im hoping to get a little Rolex feeling as well.

Cheers

deingesicht

You're Saying I Can Sell?
2/1/19
It seems that this is a fantastic ootb rep. Just two questions about this rep:
1. Has anyone bothered to change the clone movement to a a Swiss ETA movement? (It seems a little overkill for this model)
2. I could only see 1 person use prof xtal services done on this - if is not required (unlike the sub-c)?

Reactions: m5smg2

Martycus

Patron
Certified
1/10/14
CONUS
1. Has anyone bothered to change the clone movement to a a Swiss ETA movement? (It seems a little overkill for this model)
2. I could only see 1 person use prof xtal services done on this - if is not required (unlike the sub-c)?

I personally like this without the cyclops and most likely have mine done as such

martinpaynebfc

16/11/16

I have recently got mine changed to a Swiss ETA 2824 as movement was poor inside the watch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

deingesicht

2/1/19
I also think removing the cyclops looks the best hit then it is a massive tell - such a large one I’m not happy with

who did the change over to the ETA?

Martycus

Patron
Certified
1/10/14
CONUS
I also think removing the cyclops looks the best hit then it is a massive tell - such a large one I’m not happy with

who did the change over to the ETA?

Not necessarily, a buyer can have a cyclops removed or have his watch personalized from the factory, AD or authorized customizer. There are many bespoke pieces around and removing the cyclops is not as glaring as a bling encrusted or automobile / handbag color match bezel or dial.

Any watch maker or modder can replace the movement

rayz20

Renowned Member
29/6/17
Gen vs ARF

1. I marked the 12 clock marker which has sharp edges and gen got rounded ones. (same with the 6 clock marker)

2. The hands on a close up the ARF does look flat. And the Gen looks more 3D as you can see on the Post above mine. Theres a difference between hands looking like they are drawn on. And hands that have a slightly 3D touch (Gen)
ARF already improved that on the Sub.

But on a normal wrist distance you cannot tell they are Flat.

hkWC3.jpg

kaddy

Known Member
14/7/18
I can't easily tell the difference with the hands in pics other than the peace-sign being slightly thinner on the gen. Will take a closer look when mine arrives, but it doesn't seem like a deal breaker to me.

Has anyone tried to re-finish the 12, 6, and 9 markers so their edges are more rounded?

rayz20

Renowned Member
29/6/17
I can't easily tell the difference with the hands in pics other than the peace-sign being slightly thinner on the gen. Will take a closer look when mine arrives, but it doesn't seem like a deal breaker to me.

Has anyone tried to re-finish the 12, 6, and 9 markers so their edges are more rounded?

Dont get me wrong i ordered mine yesterday too haha.
Especially since they fixed the sharp bezel teeth.
I love that rep.

Here the 6 clock marker:
hkqao.jpg

but side by side or on wrist nobody an tell me they can spot that:
hk3WK.jpg

not even i who is into the flaws and stuff of the ARF SD since many many months. I could spot one probably if you show it really close because of some points but even if you would sit next to me its hard to tell seriously!

deingesicht

2/1/19
Given the teeth are now fixed across the bezel, I assume the biggest issues are
1. Cyclops: this can be fixed through a prof or gen xtal (the former being half the price)
2. DW font: what is the best way to change this (I'm not sure if anyone would notice it tbh)?

I am missing anything else?

rayz20

Renowned Member
29/6/17
Given the teeth are now fixed across the bezel, I assume the biggest issues are
1. Cyclops: this can be fixed through a prof or gen xtal (the former being half the price)
2. DW font: what is the best way to change this (I'm not sure if anyone would notice it tbh)?

I am missing anything else?

DW font is near perfect no need to change that(also a lot of gen variation) Left always ARF/ Right always Gen. Only the ones i listed above.
h2EBG.jpg

h2p8q.jpg

Last edited:

deingesicht

2/1/19
DW font is near perfect no need to change that(also a lot of gen variation). Only the ones i listed above.
h2EBG.jpg

Thanks for the prompt response! It looks like it is prof xtal then as gen xtal is super expensive for this model (given it is new)

davidws

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
19/8/06
global
My QC pics came in... the only thing I picked up on is that the rehaut engraving is slightly misaligned... Is this possible to fix and do you think it's noticeable in reality?

kaddy

Known Member
14/7/18
My QC pics came in... the only thing I picked up on is that the rehaut engraving is slightly misaligned... Is this possible to fix and do you think it's noticeable in reality?

Gens have the same issues with rehaut misalignment. It puzzles me why people on this forum obsess over it so much.

The fix is to rotate the dial so it aligns, but then the dial will be out of alignment with the bezel. Rehaut on mine was slightly out too but I don't care.