• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ARF SD43 904L 126600 review (many pics)

focus66

19/8/12
Already posted this as dedicated new thread, but so far no response, maybe title isnt sexy enough...

The info might already be around here somewhere but i cant find it and i am unfortunately unable to read through 500+ pages of combined sd43 threads here, so please, if you stumble across this post and have some knowledge - post it!

I just accepted qc for a sd43 with not-so-perfect dwo. Case/lugs seem pretty acceptable, so i thought i would simply have the dwo changed as i was going to have it serviced anyway. But now i wonder wether a regular 3135 dwo would fit, as i remember having heard something about the date window on 3235 not being in the same position as on 3135. Any ideas? And where to get a good dwo? I recall reading about wholesaleoutlet, but all i can find is complete datewheels. I have contacted helen rou, currently waiting for response, and had a look at raffles page, the have quite a few there. Which one should i take?

Thanks

Reactions: m5smg2

lpl

Renowned Member
3/1/17
New Zealand
Another awesome work by Jonj480 !

ARF V2 Base
He did the following:
  • Tightened the bezel and bezel spring to the right pressure
  • Reshaped and Polished the entire watch, specifically addressing lug profiles and bezel teeth sharpness
Overall, the watch was very well built from the factory. I sent it to Jon to address the subtle issues as the bezel was too sharp for me and was a dead giveaway to other Gen owners. To add on, there are very subtle differences between a "Super" quality replica and Genuine watch that tell each other apart such as insert numerical plating, and overall fit and finish of the entire watch. Nothing beats R factory, and I'm a strong believer that you should never be so picky with how these reps come out of the factory. Unless you have the coin to pay for gen pricing, modding these watches with parts and labour to look and feel like gen, we shouldn't forget the true value in the rep industry lies within these companies being able to nail these pieces to 90% of the gen quality without the consumers having to dive too far into the franken route. Regardless, here's the watch next to my 116710, enjoy and thanks again to Jon!

20181210-175025.jpg

IMG-20181210-WA0055.jpg

20181210-175519.jpg

20181210-175553.jpg

IMG-20181128-WA0005.jpg

IMG-20181128-WA0006.jpg

IMG-20181128-WA0007.jpg

IMG-20181128-WA0008.jpg

IMG-20181128-WA0009.jpg

IMG-20181128-WA0010.jpg

IMG-20181128-WA0011.jpg

IMG-20181128-WA0013.jpg

DSC00015.jpg

davideurbani

Horology Curious
14/9/16
Hi,

need some help from you please...

just received the following QC... based on your experience, what do you think about these aspects?
  • the inserts on the frame, especially at 2 o'clock, seem damaged or not homogeneous.
  • Cyclop seems misaligned with the date window
  • SEL seems not perfectly fit the case in terms of margin...
  • the bezel may be a little raised on the upper side. Is this only an optical effect?
  • Here and there i see some scratches... are these on the protective film and not on the watch itself in your opinion?

thank youu

Reactions: szumi

pelusito

Supporter
4/10/09
Hi,

just received the following QC... based on your experience, what do you think about these aspects?
  • the inserts on the frame, especially at 2 o'clock, seem damaged or not homogeneous.
  • the bezel may be a little raised on the upper side. Is this only an optical effect?
  • Here and there i see some scratches... are these on the protective film and not on the watch itself in your opinion?

thank youu

Mate.......are you kidding.??

Bigpapa

Known Member
13/2/18
Will there be a newer version/batch of this coming out? Looking to pick up my first rep, was planning on getting a submariner but I see nothing but good reviews on this watch, minus the teeth on the bezel but from my knowledge the bezel was corrected in the newer batches.

dominic7

You're Saying I Can Sell?
29/9/16
Hi,

thank youu

I think it look perfect. Just noticed the SEL on your 2nd picture. the top left SEL seeems to have alil gap in between. Oh wells it may just be the camera angle. The scratches on the back is on the stickers i believe so overall i guess its a go

pelusito

Supporter
4/10/09
Hi guys. I wanted to ask you... who had modified the SD, if you can adapt a date disk of the rolex 3135, the original one.