• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ARF SD43 904L 126600 review (many pics)

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
Supporter
18/1/17
Hey guys, just pulled the trigger from a td here on this watch. Can anyone verify if it is in fact a v2 for me? Thanks

Qy5Go.jpg

Only difference between v1/2 is the decorated rotor.

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
Supporter
18/1/17
I think it’s more than that. Bezel update regarding teeth, date wheel font and something to do with insert?

Nope, bezel teeth have got better and then worse again, date font was fixed very early on - before the V2. Usual rep inconsistency.. You can't get a V1 anymore.

Reactions: m5smg2

rayz20

Renowned Member
29/6/17
Nope, bezel teeth have got better and then worse again, date font was fixed very early on - before the V2. Usual rep inconsistency.. You can't get a V1 anymore.

But Tbh im not quite sure why they didnt fix the bezel teeth by now.. It's such a huge flaw IMO the Bezel is one of the biggest Parts of the Watch..
I mean nobody will probably know it shouldnt be like that. But still its a flaw. Anyway great watch dont want to make it bad i think the main flaw with this watch is the Bezel teeth everything else is not visible on Wrist.

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
Supporter
18/1/17
But Tbh im not quite sure why they didnt fix the bezel teeth by now.. It's such a huge flaw IMO the Bezel is one of the biggest Parts of the Watch..
I mean nobody will probably know it shouldnt be like that. But still its a flaw. Anyway great watch dont want to make it bad i think the main flaw with this watch is the Bezel teeth everything else is not visible on Wrist.

It's better than it was. But seems to be inconsistent - it was fixed right at the start of April - I remember because I ordered mine a few days before. They are all better than before - some people were calling it v2.5 / 2.6 - really stupid. Just an incremental change that all reps go through.

I posted a really quick and simple fix for the bezel. Anyone can do it.

V2 came out in December - you CANNOT be given a V1 by a TD - even if you wanted one.

rayz20

Renowned Member
29/6/17
It's better than it was. But seems to be inconsistent - it was fixed right at the start of April - I remember because I ordered mine a few days before. They are all better than before - some people were calling it v2.5 / 2.6 - really stupid. Just an incremental change that all reps go through.

I posted a really quick and simple fix for the bezel. Anyone can do it.

V2 came out in December - you CANNOT be given a V1 by a TD - even if you wanted one.

Your fix will decrease the sharpness and its a really good guide! Do you think the Current Batch is better than the norma V2 with sharp bezel teeth? i would say mine looked exactly like Avee8tor ones above.

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
Supporter
18/1/17
Your fix will decrease the sharpness and its a really good guide! Do you think the Current Batch is better than the norma V2 with sharp bezel teeth? i would say mine looked exactly like Avee8tor ones above.

My observation is that from v1 - pre April v2 the bezel was the same - too sharp. In April there were improvements to the bezel - still a bit sharp, but much better than before.

if you navigate back in this thread to very early April you’ll see the first QC pics showing the newer bezel.

What is important is there is no V1 anymore - not since early February I think. After 8 months there will not be any old / rejected v1’s floating around. You will only get the current V2.

Last edited:

Big_Pilot

26/5/17
Hey guys, just pulled the trigger from a td here on this watch. Can anyone verify if it is in fact a v2 for me? Thanks

Qy5Go.jpg

Have seen this also on the ARF Sub, that the number on the bezel seem too close to the center of the watch (or too far from the bezel rim, depends how you look at it).

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
Supporter
18/1/17
Have seen this also on the ARF Sub, that the number on the bezel seem too close to the center of the watch (or too far from the bezel rim, depends how you look at it).

Yes, they are a little close to the inside of the insert - but its barely noticeable. The problem on the ARF Sub is that the position is a bit random - with some numbers and markers closer to the crystal than others - on the SD its even, so it does not look like a mistake. Overall, I think the SD is made better than the ARF Sub.

Reactions: bosaftw

rayz20

Renowned Member
29/6/17
My observation is that from v1 - pre April v2 the bezel was the same - too sharp. In April there were improvements to the bezel - still a bit sharp, but much better than before.

if you navigate back in this thread to very early April you’ll see the first QC pics showing the newer bezel.

What is important is there is no V1 anymore - not since early February I think. After 8 months there will not be any old / rejected v1’s floating around. You will only get the current V2.

You mean the picture of Avee8tor's SD is the one with the currently "better" bezel teeth?

Hakai

11/6/18
They look fine, but if you search in the threat, there are some which are closer to the gen.
However, next to a gen they have indeed a wrong size and shape, still to thin and pointy.
But you can also mod the theeth and, be fine. And the gen SD are so rare thats it highly unlikely that anyone will call you out

rayz20

Renowned Member
29/6/17
They look fine, but if you search in the threat, there are some which are closer to the gen.
However, next to a gen they have indeed a wrong size and shape, still to thin and pointy.
But you can also mod the theeth and, be fine. And the gen SD are so rare thats it highly unlikely that anyone will call you out

By modding the Teeth you mean using Sandpaper? but overall yes i agree on that

Hakai

11/6/18
Yes exactly, if you got very fine sand paper you can even use it every few month to renew the brushing on the SD and get out all the thin scratches.

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
Supporter
18/1/17
You mean the picture of Avee8tor's SD is the one with the currently "better" bezel teeth?

Yes - anyone getting this watch will get the V2, with the improved bezel. Its been updated a while, so no one will get one with the sharper teeth now.

As Hakai said, some are better than others, just look at this one below from early April...
But I haven't seen any this good for a while.

I just got my QC pics from my TD I believe this is a new batch but look at the bezel those teeth look way better than the v1 I have.

0CBCBB25-7E97-4A27-B4F6-BAB7FF34BD45a3f3ce6f2aab7c61.jpg

Reactions: stu00a

ClearSea

Horology Curious
1/10/18
I am being offered this watch, new, for €400. Didnt see it real life yet, but I already have some questions about the price since it is already €420 from most reliable dealers on the web, included shipping. My question is if it really could be possible for this price or that is will be a lower spec watch that is being sold as this excellent rep. Watch.

rayz20

Renowned Member
29/6/17
Yes - anyone getting this watch will get the V2, with the improved bezel. Its been updated a while, so no one will get one with the sharper teeth now.

As Hakai said, some are better than others, just look at this one below from early April...
But I haven't seen any this good for a while.

Thanks guys can you tell me which type of sandpaper ? maybe ill buy a new one and then fix it with the sandpaper.

freediver

I'm Pretty Popular
24/3/17
I am being offered this watch, new, for €400. Didnt see it real life yet, but I already have some questions about the price since it is already €420 from most reliable dealers on the web, included shipping. My question is if it really could be possible for this price or that is will be a lower spec watch that is being sold as this excellent rep. Watch.

post a pic