• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ARF SD43 904L 126600 review (many pics)

Swerepguy

12/2/18
I am asking if there is a large need for Swiss crystals without the cyclops for this model with my 2xar coating. I can have the factory I deal with make them, but unless there is a large need, the initial cost would be rather high as it is not a stock Swiss crystal with any of the factories I deal with . Several members have asked me so I thought I would ask in this thread. Let me know if any of our members here want that option.

I think a prof black hole crystal would be a best seller! Maybe with a 2xar as an option.

ItzView

You're Saying I Can Sell?
13/6/18
UcD3Hko.jpg
agV6oF8.jpg

Mine just arrived today
went to a shop to resize the bracelet and the guy asked if it was real, i just said yes of course and he was like apologizing and told me that theres many fakes out there yadayada.

overall im happy with this as it is my first high quality rep.

Reactions: m5smg2 and RBB224

Swerepguy

12/2/18
How about water proofing on ARF 126600? Do you need to epoxy the HEV or is it safe?
Also wondering if the rehaut and the dail can be adjusted separate so you can line up the rehaut crown with the triangle and still get the date in the middle?

Pelagic

Renowned Member
30/8/07
How about water proofing on ARF 126600? Do you need to epoxy the HEV or is it safe?
Also wondering if the rehaut and the dail can be adjusted separate so you can line up the rehaut crown with the triangle and still get the date in the middle?

First time I tested mine without epoxy the HEV valve and it passed. I did it anyways to be safe. Just dove to 60 feet this past week with no issues.

The rehaut is machined into the case as one. You have to rotate the movement to align.

Sent from the RWI App

bosaftw

6/6/16
Germany
Guys is it possible for a modder to move the 12 o‘clock triangle marker a little bit down?
On every of the pictures here it is too high nearly sticked to the rehaut. On gens it sits lower.

RBB224

16/10/16
Guys is it possible for a modder to move the 12 o‘clock triangle marker a little bit down?
On every of the pictures here it is too high nearly sticked to the rehaut. On gens it sits lower.

Yes gen is lower but it's alright no one will care and see it because it's such a tiny gap.

Alex1976

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
25/2/17
First time I tested mine without epoxy the HEV valve and it passed. I did it anyways to be safe. Just dove to 60 feet this past week with no issues.

The rehaut is machined into the case as one. You have to rotate the movement to align.

Sent from the RWI App

What would you recommend to do in order to get the watch waterproofed? Can any watchmaker do that or is that too risky? Just would love to wear mine for swimming :).

Thank you very much for supporting a newbie with some great adivse.

Alex

Alex1976

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
25/2/17
Mine arrived last weekend, absolutely stunning watch and feels fantastic.

Only to pull out the crown for setting time and date is a bit hard but hope that will improve with time.

Reactions: m5smg2

Pelagic

Renowned Member
30/8/07
What would you recommend to do in order to get the watch waterproofed? Can any watchmaker do that or is that too risky? Just would love to wear mine for swimming :).

Thank you very much for supporting a newbie with some great adivse.

Alex

I would have a watchmaker grease the seals and have it properly pressure tested to ensure a seal.

Sent from the RWI App

Reactions: m5smg2 and Alex1976

RBB224

16/10/16
I would have a watchmaker grease the seals and have it properly pressure tested to ensure a seal.

Sent from the RWI App

How many other seals needed to be done other than the case back black o ring seal? i've only greased my rep sub case o ring using the silicone lubricate and dip it into the sponge filled with the grease.

freediver

I'm Pretty Popular
24/3/17
How many other seals needed to be done other than the case back black o ring seal? i've only greased my rep sub case o ring using the silicone lubricate and dip it into the sponge filled with the grease. [/QUOTE]

Case back, crown and HEV valve

Reactions: m5smg2 and RBB224

bosaftw

6/6/16
Germany
How many other seals needed to be done other than the case back black o ring seal? i've only greased my rep sub case o ring using the silicone lubricate and dip it into the sponge filled with the grease.

I never did such things with my sub reps from noob and BP and went swimming in a pool with them. Never had a problem.

m5smg2

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
23/8/07
I never did such things with my sub reps from noob and BP and went swimming in a pool with them. Never had a problem.

I have to agree. In salt water I swam, snorkeled, dove 25 feet with my Noob V7 DSSD stock and never any issue. I never epoxied the HE valve in Noob.

I have not tried the ARF SD43 in the same way but judging from the build quality and the gen tight case back (hardest rep case back to crack open for me, even with case opener) I’d be surprised if it can’t handle more pressure than the Noob.

m5smg2

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
23/8/07
Arrived today!
I have a few rep including two that I qualify as super rep: a ZF V2 fifthy fatoms and a Pam 243 Noob V2 series M! I am really impressed with the quality of this ARF V2! I do not know if it’s already qualified as a super rep (I'll go check for that matter) but for me it is already in my heart. Very happy with this purchase.
Thanks to this thread that will have allowed me to get a little idea and give the desire to buy this SD43
aee19a59019c1f7771c4c403c35d6dfe.heic

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

Congrats. Looks fantastic. We are lucky today to have many accurate solid reps, and there are many that make the super rep list. For me this has to be in the top 3

Reactions: crazyboy

Alex1976

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
25/2/17
My only challenge is that to pull out the crown for setting the time is pretty hard. Is there anything I could do? Maybe get it serviced/ oiled and it will be better or will it get better automatically with time?

JDM180

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
3/9/13
Got mine today , feel like they are a bit overhyped. Im loving what ARF are doing but i wouldn't say super rep.
Bezel movement feels cheap
Date wheel has misprint/dirt on a couple dates
Mag cyclops appears magnification improved over earlier models but position is too high on the xtal so cuts off the bottom of the date at normal vieweing.
Bracelet screws where a right bastard same as on my ARF Daytona , threaded, stiff and jammed had to be plyered out. Screw slots fit my gen screwdriver on some and too small on others.

rrr27

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
11/4/18
7fd0749de56e743b3baaad39874d3042.jpg

Hi everyone. This is mine ARF Sd received Today from a member.
7ba7721cf5b3851108b3b2f8ebec2f03.heic
520230000eaaeed19abf7318782c13c0.heic

How it looks? How is Mag?

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk