• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ARF Daytona Caseback Swap (23J)

lipsbled

You're Saying I Can Sell?
21/7/16
Hi Guys, especially those who have got their ARF Daytona.

I wonder if there is anyone who also owns the 23J and just got the new ARF Daytona, if anyone has thought about removing the deco plate in the ARF and swap the 23J caseback onto the ARF case.

This will give the ARF the perfect dimension as per gen.

tornbrand

DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
3/2/11
If you find the 23j caseback as a spare let me know bro! Apparently no TD sell the caseback as a Spare.

theREALgoat

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
14/8/14
Doesn't the 23J version have decorative plates on it as well? Also, isn't it made out of 316L steel?

alpacinozh

10/5/17
Isn't the case too thick? You can see on the recess for the crown two straight lines on the case which indicates that the case is thick.

lipsbled

21/7/16
I'm actually asking because I have a 23J and might think about swapping the caseback onto the ARF.

But still considering if i want to go into this project, was wondering if some one else has thought about this.

tornbrand

DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
3/2/11
I'm actually asking because I have a 23J and might think about swapping the caseback onto the ARF.

But still considering if i want to go into this project, was wondering if some one else has thought about this.
If you by any reason won’t use the caseback, I’ll buy it :clap_1::clap_1:

Princewilliam

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
27/7/15

You shouldn’t rush into a project this big

Sent from the RWI mobile app

Bobi01

2/2/19
Hello is it important to change caseback after removing deco plate or it is only to be slimmer?

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Hi Guys, especially those who have got their ARF Daytona.

I wonder if there is anyone who also owns the 23J and just got the new ARF Daytona, if anyone has thought about removing the deco plate in the ARF and swap the 23J caseback onto the ARF case.

This will give the ARF the perfect dimension as per gen.

Just thought I would mention, if you are going to remove the deco plate you would benefit from replacing the rotor with a heavier 7750 one. The ARF Daytona rotor is light and can be noisy. The lightness usually leads to poor power reserve.

Reactions: Bobi01

Bobi01

2/2/19
I found watchsmith who wanna do this mod,he said that no need to buy anything from ebay he have all stufs and whole price with mod and his stuffs will cost 45 dollars? Is that ok guys? Tnx in advance for all helps and advices

Albertonanana

9/1/17
I found watchsmith who wanna do this mod,he said that no need to buy anything from ebay he have all stufs and whole price with mod and his stuffs will cost 45 dollars? Is that ok guys? Tnx in advance for all helps and advices

Were u able to source the caseback?

Bobi01

2/2/19
I didnt,it doesnt bother me.. it is enough to save more power reserve now and no more decorations that can fall in the movement

Albertonanana

9/1/17

Were u able to source the caseback?

Bobi01

2/2/19
I didnt source it,you can put back arfs stock caseback

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Rotor shouldn't have anything to do with power reserve

Of course it does, when considering automatic winding. That is afterall the main advantage of an automatic watch. A lighter rotor doesn't turn as easily and therefore turns less frequently. So the reversing wheels do not turn, the ratchet wheel driving wheel does not turn, the ratchet wheel does not turn, and the watch does not get wound automatically.

Last edited: