• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Question about SH3132 and JF Oyster Perpetual

oneonesucc

Looking Around
19/10/17
So I've decided on a Rolex Oyster Perpetual 39mm with Gray Dial. However, I'm having a little trouble with movements.

First of all I'd like to say I'm new (hi everyone) and I've done a fair bit of research into this but I still have a few questions.

So far I've found that the general consensus is that JF's Oyster Perpetual is a 1:1 super rep. However, I've also seen people say that the SH3132 movement is less than satisfactory. I'm not entirely certain of the general consensus on this though - some people have said it's utter garbage and the only reason you should consider it is if you're replacing the movement out of the box, others have said as long as you give it a service it will be very reliable, and some people are saying it's a decorated Yuki which is superior even to the ever-reliable A2836. So what is the general opinion on this? Specifically, this watch: "Oyster Perpetual 39mm 114300 JF 1:1 Best Edition Gray Dial on SS Bracelet SH3132" (can't post the link to the puretime page, account isn't old enough)

Secondly, how does the other gray oyster perpetual available on puretime compare? It's listed as "Oyster Perpetual 39 114300 1:1 Best Edition Gray Dial on SS Bracelet A2824", $288. I can't see a factory name in the title, just the A2824 movement. How is this movement generally viewed? Is it reliable like the A2436?

Any help would be great, thanks!

firuz

Known Member
19/4/16
The only Sh3132 I have is that same explorer, tells great time, autowinder needs servicing though. Fully wound it"ll run for 40hrs+. But will stop on wrist if it's not wound every 4-5 days. I really don't care though at 30+ watches none of them get more than 4 days wrist time anyhow.

Muni

Renowned Member
9/7/17
Intrested in this too.
Changing hands would be required too?

D

d4m.test

The only Sh3132 I have is that same explorer, tells great time, autowinder needs servicing though. Fully wound it"ll run for 40hrs+. But will stop on wrist if it's not wound every 4-5 days. I really don't care though at 30+ watches none of them get more than 4 days wrist time anyhow.
Did you get it serviced on arrival?

D

d4m.test

I'm in the same boat as you OP. Looking at the exact same watch and have the same concerns.

Reading that most SH3132 are serviced as soon as possible. What's involved in the service besides cleaning and lubricating? Is it something I can do at home?

mordret

Renowned Member
Certified
17/4/17
Austria
The same for me! Somewhere here on RWI I read rumors, that a V2 of this watch is in the pipeline.... maybe with an other movement.... Does anyone know something about it?

Gesendet von iPad mit RWI

britain4

I'm Pretty Popular
13/11/15
The SH3132 I thought was supposed to basically be a Yuki? In layman’s terms if I’m correct (which I may not be) that would mean they are very solid movements and an accurate copy of the real one but they often come out of the factory dirty and in need of a service.

I wouldn’t even try to service one yourself unless you’ve done a watchmaking course and own all the proper tools

Waspy

Renowned Member
18/8/14
Wiltshire
I'm in the same boat as you OP. Looking at the exact same watch and have the same concerns.

Reading that most SH3132 are serviced as soon as possible. What's involved in the service besides cleaning and lubricating? Is it something I can do at home?

Definitely not.

Waspy

Renowned Member
18/8/14
Wiltshire
So I've decided on a Rolex Oyster Perpetual 39mm with Gray Dial. However, I'm having a little trouble with movements.

If you want a Super Rep in this model it has to be the JF in Grey or Grape, that comes with a SH3135 movement.

If you got it serviced immediately you should be good.

You will still be saving about $7000 (I guess) so not too bad a deal.

But you need to get it serviced by a watchmaker willing to work on reps. Ask or search in RWI where such watchsmiths can be found in your country.