• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Noob V7 Review

watchza

Horology Curious
11/10/17
I’ve had my SUBMARINER 116610 LN BLACK CERAMIC V7 1:1 NOOB BEST EDITION A2836 now for 2 days and I must say I am thoroughly disappointed.

The watch case and dial are awesome but the inserts of the bezel are very dark and correct me if I’m wrong but it appears that there is no AR on the date window, which also looks slightly centered to the left?

1f3eb69c5305e21fc47f26a2abec1db9.heic

2888667db7cb5159017732c01d3a03b5.heic

The bracelet is what has made me so disappointed in the watch, it feels cheap and the rattling/squeaking noise it makes is embarrassing. Although what has gotten to me most is that the screws of the bracelet keep coming loose even after I continually tighten them. Any recommendations?

d6f4893abdfa159f5f4e28dc14934158.heic

I hope the watch grows on me though.

Any comments would be appreciated

Sent from the RWI App

nipe

PINK PONY RIDER
9/4/16
EU
1. You need to give that bracelet a bath in oil
2. Insert being too dark is common knowledge, if you did a bit of research prior to your purhcase this should be no surprise.
3. You just apply some loctite on the screws and they will stick.

That this caused you to be "thoroughly disappointed" - I think you either had your expectations WAY too high or this hobby may not be something for you. It's a rep

D

d4m.test

1. You need to give that bracelet a bath in oil
2. Insert being too dark is common knowledge, if you did a bit of research prior to your purhcase this should be no surprise.
3. You just apply some loctite on the screws and they will stick.

That this caused you to be "thoroughly disappointed" - I think you either had your expectations WAY too high or this hobby may not be something for you. It's a rep

I was aware of the dark dial problem but I never expected it to be so bad in person...

You’re right my expectations were high, being a first time buyer I expected more because I thought paying $300+ would at least get me a watch which doesn’t fall apart minutes after wearing it?

It’s not that the hobby isn’t for me but I just feel ripped off as the watch feels like the same quality as the watches you find on the streets of Hong Kong for $100.

Thanks for the advice though, which oil do you recommend and should I remover the bracelet from the case first?

Sent from the RWI App

D

d4m.test

I was aware of the dark dial problem but I never expected it to be so bad in person...

You’re right my expectations were high, being a first time buyer I expected more because I thought paying $300+ would at least get me a watch which doesn’t fall apart minutes after wearing it?

It’s not that the hobby isn’t for me but I just feel ripped off as the watch feels like the same quality as the watches you find on the streets of Hong Kong for $100.

Thanks for the advice though, which oil do you recommend and should I remover the bracelet from the case first?

Sent from the RWI App
https://forum.replica-watch.info/threads/silky-smooth-rolex-bracelet-pictorial-spa-treatment.224747/

basically baby oil and vaseline

D

d4m.test

Sent from the RWI App

Would superglue suffice in place of loctite?

Sent from the RWI App

SOLEX

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
30/3/09
Rule of thumb when it comes to the Noob V7:

Bezel Inserts need modding (Gen is $$$ but Spongebob does a great job if you are interested)
Crystal needs to be replaced (Gen is at least $350, but then again you can get from prof for $160 or so)
Bracelet needs to be oiled (true with many reps, good thing is that it costs nearly nothing as baby oil can be found at the $.99 store)

Everything else is great on this watch. People like to install gen dial/hands but I do not really think they are needed.

Reactions: Asterix88
D

d4m.test

Thats why i dont buy stuff from noob factory ^^

Hey
I’ve got a GMT coming from BK that’s from Noob I believe, if I’m not 100% happy with bracelet, who do you suggest to get a replacement from ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk