• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Gen SD4k 116600 vs Noob 116600 v2, A3135 [UK]

Luvwatch

21/8/14
Great review mate! Thanks for taking the time

Enviado desde mi iPad utilizando Tapatalk

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK
The dial on gen is mate and on rep its shiny? Why is that so?

They look the same in real life. If you rotate gen, it looks matte at some angles and shiny at other angles. With dynamic dials, it’s basically impossible to compare using pictures. I’ll take better pictures to clarify.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK
The dial on gen is mate and on rep its shiny? Why is that so?

Both are basically matte

Remember that gen has different batch variations and my one is a few years old....so UV exposure will also have an effect on matte/gloss balance.

It’s very hard to compare such dynamic dials using pictures....which is what I keep telling people on the JF15400 thread [emoji6]
Gen (left), Rep (right):
90fd7b647b4eb63ccc62e58633ad163d.heic

ProLex

Supporter
28/4/11
Great comparision! Thx!

I think i need one with a gen xtal and a gen insert.. [emoji6]

PhilRRS

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
17/4/17
Great post. Thank you.

one other thing that Ive noticed straight away, is that the bezel numbers are much brighter and bigger (or so they seem - may be the lighting?) on the real. Especially in this pic:

image.png

eVojlib

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
15/1/11
Great post. Thank you.

one other thing that Ive noticed straight away, is that the bezel numbers are much brighter and bigger (or so they seem - may be the lighting?) on the real. Especially in this pic:

image.png

You're right about the bezel.

The gen numbers and hash marks are deeper and are slightly larger, if you compare a V6s or V7 sub engraving to the SD v2 you can see some obvious differences even though the sub bezel still isn't quite as refined as gen.

When I received my SD I noticed the paint on the bezel was applied near flush with the top of the bezel and had nearly no 3D effect, I used some acetone pulled tight on a polishing cloth to remove excess paint from the surface and edges of the bezel and it made a difference.

As far as the dial being matte it's actually more grey in color so as you change the angle the dial color changes as well. As the light reflects of the dial an illusion is created that the dial has a more muted tone of black and a deeper tone of black at other angles.

I hope they can improve some areas on a future version such as improved bezel engraving and paint color, better rehaut engraving like the V6s and V7 and the bracelet has some minor gaps where the bracelet fits the clasp at both ends and the screws holding at these points seem like after thoughts.

Great watch and my new fav Rolex model at the moment.

phdsjain

I'm Pretty Popular
6/3/14
An excellent comparison and review!

Would like to read your thoughts on the lume as well.

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK
An excellent comparison and review!

Would like to read your thoughts on the lume as well.

Rep lume is very good but gen is excellent and lasts longer.

Rep lume lasts long enough IMO.

e5e62f0bb480dd260687028c0d4ad6c4.heic

phdsjain

I'm Pretty Popular
6/3/14
Thank you for your insight! Very helpful.

Now onto finding a V2, the latest V7 is horrifying.

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK
Thank you for your insight! Very helpful.

Now onto finding a V2, the latest V7 is horrifying.

Check out m2m sales, I’m selling mine, I have a feeling it won’t last long tho

Jackster

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
8/1/17
Paradise! (SE Qld)
Great post and review, thank you, nice details and photos are great, I’ve been looking at this watch for a while now and since im an Omega guy have held back from purchasing one, but this post has really got me fired up again, will be on the lookout for one soon I think.... we’ll done mate.

Jackster

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
8/1/17
Paradise! (SE Qld)
Look what you did... just picked one up next door on Rep Geek with a 2XAR Swiss Crystal! Looks [emoji4] lovely

I’d post a pick but it keeps coming up as an error

Sent from the RWI App

D

d4m.test

Brilliant review Mech500! Thanks a lot for this!! Where is the rep from? Seriously considering buying one after this post. Thanks again

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK
Brilliant review Mech500! Thanks a lot for this!! Where is the rep from? Seriously considering buying one after this post. Thanks again

Thanks. Rep is made by Noob factory. Any trusted dealer can source it for you.

pippo

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/1/10
Fantastic rep, such a pity the LEC is so obvious and the EL gaps not as good as the rest of the watch