• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ARF 116500 Ceramic Daytona 904L

m5smg2

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
23/8/07
CNY passed and still no sign or hint of Noob 4130 clone movt. And I don’t think I’d buy one the early ones anyway.

So we’re lucky to have ARF’s 904L with reliable partial chrono thin 7750.

Steve McGarrett

Known Member
Patron
Certified
8/3/18
I am a freshman... is this the old or new ARF one?

https://imgur.com/a/aysWp
aysWp

Steve McGarrett

Known Member
Patron
Certified
8/3/18
Many thanks! I checked your pics V1 / V2 and saw the difference- but cannot fix which one is more similar to my new one.:straightface:

Reactions: m5smg2

efthimis

Mythical Poster
20/6/15
I had a gen for some time during the time forum was down, I sold it and kept my ARF.. not into Daytonas at all so I don’t pay too much attention to details but ARF felt like 95% gen!

Gen
42ee1405168af0e0ffc3c6afd74dd657.jpg

ARF
b8ee02fbd3589c2772c9ee832e12e760.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

6S3NC3

You're Saying I Can Sell?
31/10/16
Just pulled the trigger and ordered the white face and my friend ordered the silver face on rubber strap. I have not seen any reviews on the silver with rubber as of yet so i will post pics.

lukko

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
20/11/12
Italy
CNY passed and still no sign or hint of Noob 4130 clone movt. And I don’t think I’d buy one the early ones anyway.

So we’re lucky to have ARF’s 904L with reliable partial chrono thin 7750.

Still your ARF daytona movement run strong buddy? Beacuse i've many friend that reported to me that their ARF daytona are dead after few months...

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17
Still your ARF daytona movement run strong buddy? Beacuse i've many friend that reported to me that their ARF daytona are dead after few months...

Movement is solid - this isn't the only watch it's used in, and if there were any issues with failures then they would be known.

Bullflo3

Supporter
Certified
13/2/18
Thanks to everyone in this thread I am not shelling out $400 + on one of these ARF Daytona's! Question though; I reached out to my TD to ask for pictures of their most recent QC pics so that I could see if they have the semi improved versions with the current angle of the pushers. And of course, they sent me a pic with the pushers unscrewed making it extremely hard for my untrained eye to tell whether or not it's the "newer" version. I THINK its the newer version but I am unsure...I was hoping someone here could tell me one way or another? Another theory of mine was since ARF made this change, all of these watches now coming out of their factory would have the correct pusher angle...maybe?

FWNnYRR.jpg

SOLEX

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
30/3/09
I am in love with these ARF Daytona’s! Now I need to decide which one to keep, if not all three!

I gotta tell ya, I am simply floored with that 116519. I would keep that, and the white dial and sell the black dial to me! I am thinking of going for a 116519 as well, what an absolute stunner.

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17
Thanks to everyone in this thread I am not shelling out $400 + on one of these ARF Daytona's! Question though; I reached out to my TD to ask for pictures of their most recent QC pics so that I could see if they have the semi improved versions with the current angle of the pushers. And of course, they sent me a pic with the pushers unscrewed making it extremely hard for my untrained eye to tell whether or not it's the "newer" version. I THINK its the newer version but I am unsure...I was hoping someone here could tell me one way or another? Another theory of mine was since ARF made this change, all of these watches now coming out of their factory would have the correct pusher angle...maybe?

FWNnYRR.jpg

I would say if you order one now it will be the latest version. ARF are likely selling every ceramic daytona thay make at the moment. I would also say, if you can't tell the difference then why would it matter anyway? - the difference is less than marginal.

Bullflo3

Supporter
Certified
13/2/18
I would say if you order one now it will be the latest version. ARF are likely selling every ceramic daytona thay make at the moment. I would also say, if you can't tell the difference then why would it matter anyway? - the difference is less than marginal.

When it was pointed out earlier in this thread, I was able tell the difference, even though it was very minimal. But that was with the pushers pushed in, which is of course how you would typically wear the watch. Not a big deal, but if you can get the closer to gen spec pushers, then why not ya know? But as you said, all future orders will likely be of the latest version.

m5smg2

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
23/8/07
When it was pointed out earlier in this thread, I was able tell the difference, even though it was very minimal. But that was with the pushers pushed in, which is of course how you would typically wear the watch. Not a big deal, but if you can get the closer to gen spec pushers, then why not ya know? But as you said, all future orders will likely be of the latest version.

I agree too. By now there should be no old stock. Hard to tell with pushers out, but they look in the correct placement and angle of the newer version.

Reactions: Bullflo3