• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Noob sub clasp issue help

WatchaholicMallorca

Renowned Member
2/9/16
Hi, having trouble with my V7 sub, one of the springbars inside the clasp keeps shooting out. It's not the glidelock but the other spring.

Any ideas on how to stop this happening?

Thanks
b76e0678b4d7864471a812e1498c797f.jpg

Sent from the RWI App

pilworx

alien member
8/2/09
there are little indentations that the springbar seats into. make sure it is locking in there.

it's possible the indentation is too shallow to keep the bar seated firmly. you may need to dremel it a bit.

WatchaholicMallorca

Renowned Member
2/9/16
there are little indentations that the springbar seats into. make sure it is locking in there.

it's possible the indentation is too shallow to keep the bar seated firmly. you may need to dremel it a bit.

Yeah I can see the indentations but can't get the bar to sit... had same issue with my old bracelet..

Sent from the RWI App

johnlogan

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
18/12/15
I have drilled several watches as the hole is not deep enough. It not attended to you might loose the watch in the arm.
I than superglue the hardware ( bit the pin ) against the clasp. It than sits very firmly.?

Tl22

Horology Curious
13/4/19
UK
WatchaholicMallorca I know this is quite an old post but I stumbled across it this morning while searching. The EXACT same thing has happened to my Noob v8 clasp today. Just curious how you got on and what was the solution? Cheers

shortlegs

31/5/19
Had this same issue with my cheap knockoff glidelock clasp. The problem was 2 fold. 1, the hole where the springbar sits is too shallow. 2, the milling of the clasp was uneven on the undersurface. This resulted in the movable portion of the clasp being slightly tilted, causing the springbar to not sit into the hole. Had to dremel the inside of the clasp flat to remove the tilt.

WatchaholicMallorca

Renowned Member
2/9/16
WatchaholicMallorca I know this is quite an old post but I stumbled across it this morning while searching. The EXACT same thing has happened to my Noob v8 clasp today. Just curious how you got on and what was the solution? Cheers

I changed the spring that held it together with another one from a cheapie sub I had.
sorry to hear mate