• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

1974 Rolex Day-Date Ref. 1803

OsirisKTM

Looking Around
12/8/15
Hi, I am looking for a good replica of the 1974 Rolex Day-Date Ref. 1803 from a TD. Can anyone point me in the right direction please?

Thanks!

Attachments

• 1974 Rolex Day-Date Ref. 1803 B.jpg
    1974 Rolex Day-Date Ref. 1803 B.jpg
    468.9 KB · Views: 3

gamba66

I'm Pretty Popular
25/3/15
Hi, I am looking for a good replica of the 1974 Rolex Day-Date Ref. 1803 from a TD. Can anyone point me in the right direction please?

Thanks!

Impossible, forget 36mm Daydate replicas, especially 4 digit. There were never any.

There is only the option of rafflesdials.com cases and bracelets but the quality of both is the absolute lowest you can expect from a replica.

TWBest/WM9 made worthwhile 5 digit replicas about 10 years ago, nowadays not available anymore and extremely rare on the used market.

If you want a serious watch consider a used vintage Bulova Seville (high quality homage) from Ebay because their design is based off an 1803 4 digit rolex.

More info in my signature

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

OsirisKTM

Looking Around
12/8/15
Ah okay, thanks! Do you perhaps know which TD's are the best for older Rolex models then?

gamba66

I'm Pretty Popular
25/3/15
Ah okay, thanks! Do you perhaps know which TD's are the best for older Rolex models then?
Check out silix-prime.org

They offer some 5 digit daydates that look quite nice but be sure to pick the asian eta version .

Just be sure to check QC pictures before accepting becausw they often list watches that are out of stock already.

They are a TD here. Otherwise you can order a 6 digit bp daydate from almost any TD here. 6 digit is definitely recommended over the 5 digit ones.

I would still recommend a vintage bulova seville, will be be absolute better in quality (bracelet, movement, case, dial, finishing, machining, brushing etc..)

Here a link to my old thread om daydate homages https://forum.replica-watch.info/th...mages-vs-replicas-comprehensive-guide.379441/

You can franken the bulova with a genuine rolex dial, crown, crystal

Reactions: stufuse
D

d4m.test

Hello there... im new here and confuse about guys talking about 5 and 6 digits? Do you mind explain what's it about? And I am thinking to get the
Day-Date 40mm 228239 RG Noob 1:1 Best Edition Green Roman Dial On RG President Bracelet A3255 at Chazingtime co.

And do you guys think their are trusted? Please help... thanks

alligoat

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
17/3/06

It's actually possible to build an 1803 Day Date, but it's not easy and probably expensive.
I built this 4-5 years ago with a 1556 movement, serviced, a redone white dial from Jensen and a 16000 DJ case that was modified by Phong. The dial is pie pan and I can't remember which plastic crystal I used. Also has a 600 Rolex crown and a set of Clark hands. I've got it on a 7836 oyster bracelet like Mary sells.

You can go to Matt and have him build you a 18038 or a 18238- it would be with a GP case but they look good. I had him put a gen dial in a 116208 case for me when I built a DD rep recently.

cheld

Renowned Member
Supporter
7/3/18
You can franken the bulova with a genuine rolex dial, crown, crystal

Which gen DD dial will the Bulova take? 1803 (pie-pan) or 5-digit? Will you need a DWO or will the day/date wheels on the ETA line up with the windows on the Rollie dial? Also can you put a Rolex bezel on the Super Seville? Thanks.

Reactions: gamba66

gamba66

I'm Pretty Popular
25/3/15
cheld you will need a 5 digit or 6 digit dial

date and day wont lineup its standard eta, you will need an overlay from rafflesdials.com for both day and date

yes seville accepts gen bezel

If you do this build please tag or pm me about it I am very curious to see the outcome:

BTW I have a completely new bulova seville case which I only took the bezel off for my own franken project. It is in stainless steel and I have a spare genuine datejust bezel that can be used with it. Ofcourse you can fit on any standard fluted bezel from rolex

Last edited: