• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

NEW ARF DATE JUST 36

frankdux1987

Certified
27/8/18
Nivka thank you i think i will pull the trigger on one now. Im in the uk and dont know any jewellers that will service replica watches

gamba66

I'm Pretty Popular
25/3/15
Anybody knows if the fluted bezel is rhodium plated? Seems like my bezel is not as brilliant as before. May be because I cleaned it with soap and a soft toothbrush. Read online that you should not use a toothbrush on rhodium plated items. Any ideas how to rejuvenate it and get rid of little stains? Or am I just imagining things?
9174646104f8270deba6fadfb059fb1d.jpg
dd6510e951a9d5268066674a76f44aa4.jpg

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

I have bought two of these separately and I can confirm that they are definitely rhodiumplated.

I have not heard about soap attacking plating but I can imagine that the rep plating will be very very thin. Also a toothbrush may have some leftover toothpaste and with the combination of the brush this vould attack the plating.

Just wash it water and something soft like a towel.

Reactions: MonsieurMax

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
I have bought two of these separately and I can confirm that they are definitely rhodiumplated.

I have not heard about soap attacking plating but I can imagine that the rep plating will be very very thin. Also a toothbrush may have some leftover toothpaste and with the combination of the brush this vould attack the plating.

Just wash it water and something soft like a towel.

How are you confirming that they are rhodium plated?

I'm no jewelry expert but this article states that Rhodium plating over SS is a 3 step process, the first step of which is to plate the SS with gold, I don't buy it. Even if it was rhodium plated, that plating wears off in 6 months, why would anyone bother doing it in the first place, let alone a dirty illegal Chinese factory? Hmmm, no...

https://www.hulpfjewelry.com/blog/st...odium-plating/

Last edited:

Xander22

You're Saying I Can Sell?
10/7/18
Anyone knows where I can get a replacement fluted bezel? Mine is quite tarnished and I can't seem to get it back to the original condition.

Nur-Uhr

Time Machine
Patron
Certified
20/2/17
EU
Anyone knows where I can get a replacement fluted bezel? Mine is quite tarnished and I can't seem to get it back to the original condition.

You can ask your TD from where you bought your watch.
Perhaps also another TD, when you have good business relationship and ask there for this part.

Also a very nice and good looking part is from watchparts24.com
-- this fluted bezel: https://watchparts24.de/Bezel-for-Rolex-Datejust-Gents-model
Very nice look and also very sparkling.

wubsub

i like subs
Patron
Certified
31/10/18
sorry who are?
Perhaps also another TD, when you have good business relationship and ask there for this part.

-- this fluted bezel: https://watchparts24.de/Bezel-for-Ro...st-Gents-model

Would this fit a 116234? It says for all models up to 2009, so I guess not.

I am experiencing the same issue with mine, looks quite dirty. Would love to get it replaced but can't even find gen ones.

Xander22

10/7/18

-- this fluted bezel: https://watchparts24.de/Bezel-for-Rolex-Datejust-Gents-model
Thanks! Checked with a TD before but they could not get it. Not keen on buying a new watch just for the bezel. Haha.

Nur-Uhr

Time Machine
Patron
Certified
20/2/17
EU
Would this fit a 116234? It says for all models up to 2009, so I guess not.

I am experiencing the same issue with mine, looks quite dirty. Would love to get it replaced but can't even find gen ones.

Oh yes sorry. My fault. I bought this in the past for a 5-digit DJ. You are right.
But the look of this part (5-digit fluted bezel) is very GEN like. Very sparkling.

The best would be to ask your TD for the bezel.
Should be doable for him, if he has good connection to the factory.

Xander22
Yes ;) would make no sense to buy the entire watch only for the bezel.
But I think the TD's should be able to source it.

Reactions: wubsub

seedeetee

Renowned Member
27/3/17
Hey guys, just got my ARF Datejust v2 and I'm having a hard time removing links from the bracelet. The screws are too tight, anyone has any tips? Thanks.

mrklocka

3/9/17
Hey guys, just got my ARF Datejust v2 and I'm having a hard time removing links from the bracelet. The screws are too tight, anyone has any tips? Thanks.

No problems with my arf dj. Are you using right type of tools?

Sent from the RWI App

RuanNaude

DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
5/3/17

Put the link in boiling water for 15 seconds, will break the loctite. If needed, dip into cold water immediately to help with the process if the steel is too hot to touch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

seedeetee

Renowned Member
27/3/17
Put the link in boiling water for 15 seconds, will break the loctite. If needed, dip into cold water immediately to help with the process if the steel is too hot to touch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Alright thanks, will try that after I get back home from my holiday.