• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

"The "Wrapped" Gold Sub Guide"

sgrepfam101

Horology Curious
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
21/6/18
Singapore
Having some minor issues with my Noob 116655.. I believe its the weather in SG thats causing this problem

J.Gotti

You're Saying I Can Sell?
16/9/18
The wrapped color seems to be much more orange than a gen. Can someone confirm it or is the color close to a gen solid gold?

J.Gotti

16/9/18
The wrapped color seems to be much more orange than a gen. Can someone confirm it or is the color close to a gen solid gold?

Thiccboi

4/3/20
CONUS
This is very helpful thank you. I think I’ll avoid wrapped gold personally though I would be interested in the full gold expensive reps despite price. Wish those TDS who have them were tagged. I’ll do some digging!

Xky

Known Member
13/9/19
Got a topic related question:
My SO has an about two years old TT DJ from BPF which had once a quite nice resemblance with the original Everose gold of Rolex... Now, this "rose gold" became an ugly, orange hued copper like color.

Is there anything I can do to get the "original rose gold" color back apart from a fresh gold plating? I mean, is there a quick fix like polishing or any other treatment?

Obviously, if this plating was real rose gold in the beginning (how ever thin it was), it shouldn't show such an extreme discoloration, or?

Please help me out with your experience.

LRM-EXPORT-290574331905151-20190103-145631874.jpg

Sent from the RWI App

Exactly the same thing has happened to my BP RG DJ 36. I’d already placed the order for mine, then I read your post and was thinking and hoping that you had just got unlucky, but no such luck mine has turned copper as well! Half the bracelet turned copper, then after 2 months the other half oxidised. So just waiting for the bezel and crown to turn copper. I bought the watch last September. It also came with a low sitting date wheel. This has not been a good first time rep buying experience for me. Will never buy another TT rep. Imagine this happens to the $1000 BP wrapped version.

The close of the Date window was taken before it turned copper you can kind of see the original RG colour from that photo.

Buyers beware of Purchasing TT watches. Especially the BP TT RG.

4af64a8cb760e1fd69c388e9d0e9b792.jpg

1d956e93bb78755e4a757336196b914b.jpg

5611923ad6da8e5050b177ef632fbf27.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: The Tourist

Thiccboi

4/3/20
CONUS
Crazy helpful. Thank you. Would be interested in a comparison to gold ceramic, like I’ve seen on the hublot reps. Gonna search for that info now unless anyone has a link to one they found helpful.

Blackcalf

Known Member
5/6/17
Madrid
Is it posible make full gold réplicas, same weight as original? I asked some dealers but they said no, want to be sure

Enviado desde mi LIO-L29 mediante Tapatalk

Dissemination

Renowned Member
15/6/19
San Jose, CA
Is it posible make full gold réplicas, same weight as original? I asked some dealers but they said no, want to be sure

I mean, you'd have to use real gold then. Or find something with similar weight and then plate/wrap it with gold...

Tony12345

29/5/20
Yes, real gold. Who knows if it posible make by order in China or Europe?

Isn’t it possible to just buy a gen full gold bracelet and Tage a wrapped casket? I mean, this should be pretty near to the gen weight. Not sure if it would fit though.